Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:02 pm
My one friend go tme reading her works. I just finished the Circle of Magic series which is about Sandry, Tris, Daja, and Briar developing their unusual magic. I just started The Circle Opens series by her and finished the first book can't wait to read the next one. I'll probably buy them too. I'll have to read her other books later I guess too.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:48 am
Marsel_lilas
I actually enjoyed her Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen. But you have to know that with all the changes the Immortals and the Lionness series bring, it will change how the outlook on the rest of the timeline in Tortall.

This is sooo true I was reading through the posts and thinking that so much happens in the Tortallan world that there have to be some literary changes to the body of the work as a whole. I've been reading Tamora since I was 12, that's 20 years. She is one of my all time favorite writers. Her books spoke to me as an outcast child and student and still resonate w/ me today as a "not your typical" mother.  

g-bearbabe

eda bell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:07 pm
I ADORE Tamora Pierce i am obssesd with them.

I actually preffered PoTS to tSotL,although i agree TC and TQ weren't as good(to much spying).

Her new one, terrier was really good-the she managed to get the journal style perfect, really i am impressed  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:01 pm
Uggh, jumping around in a series would drive me crazy, I either read them in order or I can't read them at all...(the only exception is Patricia C. Wrede, but that was an accident)

I pretty much devour all of Pierce's novels, even her mediocre ones aren't bad. I love the Circle series but I wasn't super thrilled with Will of the Empress for some reason...*shrug* My fiance told me that the next book in that series is supposed to be about Tris going to Lighsbridge College or whatever it is. I'm looking forward to that one if it's true.

Wasn't the biggest fan of the Tricksters Choice set...but I think part of that was because it takes place in a different sort of country and I've always been more into the European culture than any of the others.

I thought Bekka Cooper was fascinating because it's in a different time period from the other books in that series. It was kind of refreshing in a familiar way.

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:09 pm
g-bearbabe
I've been reading Tamora since I was 12, that's 20 years. She is one of my all time favorite writers. Her books spoke to me as an outcast child and student and still resonate w/ me today as a "not your typical" mother.

I definately relate to you, I've been a loner/wallflower/bookworm all my life. I'm getting married this year, and I don't think I'll ever be a typical anything. I really wish I could meet more atypical people like the ones on these forums in my real life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:57 pm
FaeDreamer
I pretty much devour all of Pierce's novels, even her mediocre ones aren't bad. I love the Circle series but I wasn't super thrilled with Will of the Empress for some reason...*shrug* My fiance told me that the next book in that series is supposed to be about Tris going to Lighsbridge College or whatever it is. I'm looking forward to that one if it's true.

I'm totally looking forward to the Tris book. But I think it's not scheduled to come out until 2010 now. It might even take longer, 'cause I think she's behind schedule for The Provost's Dog series. But we'll see~ I'm still pretty excited about it, whenever it comes out.  

NightIntent
Captain

Domiera

5,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:41 pm
wow, I think I just realized how far behind in her books I've fallen I dunna think I've read one of her books in..um...probably years now, though I've finally gotten my hands on some of her books. Horray for raises! Must make a note to buy more after I move biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 pm
NightIntent
FaeDreamer

I'm totally looking forward to the Tris book. But I think it's not scheduled to come out until 2010 now. It might even take longer, 'cause I think she's behind schedule for The Provost's Dog series. But we'll see~ I'm still pretty excited about it, whenever it comes out.
NO! NOOOO! NONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Oh, please, God, let it be untrue! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  

Kahahana

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:22 pm
LOL lol

Don't worry, there are plenty of other books to tide you over 'till then. biggrin

Try to think of it as a really wonderful Christmas you know is coming...you only have months and months to wait...and you really want it....and it seems forever away...and you know just where your mom hid all your gifts...one little peek wouldn't hurt right? Umm...ok maybe that's not a good analogy. confused I suck at waiting for Christmas...
crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:26 pm
I really loved tamora pierce's books...I just have to get around to reading them...  

Merriara

5,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

Azaveil

8,050 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm
My sister is a Tamora Pierce fan. I've only read the "Song of the Lioness" series so far, but I bought her the "Immortals" and she already has "Protector of the Small" and "Terrier". She's hinting that she wants the next book for her b-day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 pm
if you liked the circle and the circle opens books you'll like the empress mage. it ties everything up and finishes the series. also the trickster's choice and the tricksters queen were really good books to. out of all her books i love terrier. its a great book, just as good,in my opinion, as her
older books. biggrin  

Big sunny18

Daffy16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:04 pm
There is suppose to be another book after The Will of the empress, really? I love all of Tamora Pierce's books. heart THEY ARE AWESOME! blaugh mrgreen Does anyone know when exactly Bloodhound the second Provost dog book is suppose to be out in 2009? question  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 pm
April, I think.  

NightIntent
Captain

Kahahana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:40 pm
Yay! I finally bought Melting Stones! And it's goood.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff