Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Room Planning
.•°The Forest of the Divine°•. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:17 pm
Messed with the layout and came up with another top image that I kinda like, but I need to change the size to make the header thinner so I can get a space in there. Also thinking I might get a different bridge image since that one's gonna be difficult to make skinnier...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm
Luna: Just wanted to say YOU'RE AWESOME! It's a lot of work to do all this hosting stuff, and you're doing a great job of it. Let me know what I can do to help!

I'll see what I can do with the format this week; I did have a thought-- what if we just included the text as part of the image and then posted the image? We could still edit things as needed in the image, which would take an extra step, but not too much, and we would be able to lay things out better. My only concern is page stretching. Let me know what you think. For now, I'll play with just border-type stuff. smile  

-x AoiSakura x-

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:49 pm
Awe thanks hon. biggrin

I'm not really big on that, because even though it would be really cool....see, the thing is I can't really edit things with type in GIMP. I have to remake them if I make a mistake. Unless Nana knows how to edit them, then we'd have to wait for you to get on every time we have to edit it (I was planning on having each of us post at least once on the front page, including the funds mule and excluding Quirnus), which would probably be a pain for all of us. Plus even if we can read it, some people might have problems reading it. The font on gaia is pretty readable as long as it's in dark colors.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 pm
True, true. That one's not bad, except the top pictures don't go across the whole thing up top on my screen, which is probably longer than yours. I'd say the top part should be centered. I'll get one up by Saturday, and we'll see after that. smile  

-x AoiSakura x-

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100

Hunter Callisto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:13 pm
Hey, Luna: did you say you had stuff for Cally that you would let me borrow? Don't go out and get anything if you don't have it, but if you do have it, that'd make my life easier than having to go buy stuff and sell when we're done (esp. since I'm starting a large quest on my main). I did get the sword half off in the MP, so I've got that, but before I keep searching for stuff on sale, I thought I'd check with you. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:43 pm
Okay, I'll make sure I center them. I kept making them smaller because on my screen they go to far and I couldn't get the both to fit. They barely fit now ever. xd

So unless you're making a different layout we're good, I can finish this one Sat. or Sun. If you wanted to make another we could set up like a 2 day poll to decide upon one, but that would be kind of unnecessary if you're fine with this one.

I'm hoping my original layout artist MIGHT get on and randomly send it to me, as unlikely as it seems I'm not canceling the trade just yet...

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Hunter Callisto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 pm
We can cross our fingers. And I might have time tomorrow to put something together just to see. Mostly just because I enjoy that sort of thing--if I had more time, I'd set up an art and/or banner and/or layout shop. I'm just too busy to have that many commitments right now. xD

So... how about the costume stuff?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Just give me a list of what you need and I'll send it in a few days.  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

-x AoiSakura x-

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:14 pm
Oh, hey. I was also wondering if we had to do the mythica eyes. I kind of like her eyes the way they are now, just the round grey. Thanks for your help! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm
I'd really rather you used the Mythica, just because the grey avi eyes don't look very similar to the art. Is there anything you need besides the Mythica Eyes?  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Hunter Callisto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm
I just don't like the way the colors look with only the bit of the really sky blue. I checked the art, and I didn't think the eyes looked too bad, but it's up to you. I only have the sword right now, but I could go out and find more stuff if I have to.

Thanks for your help!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 pm
Just give me a list of what you don't have and still need and I'll lend it to you.  

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100

Dead0410
Crew

7,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:04 pm
The layout is finished, I just have to put it together, if you want to see it I can edit some earlier posts in this thread but it looks the same as the sample post on the last page, except the order of the top 2 images changes each post, and size wise they're about half the width of the ones in the sample post.  
Room Planning

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff