Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
DemonXSnowflake (Private) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm
"Alright, settle in, because this one is much, much longer than Anyer's tale." Inei warned. He put his arm back around Huoriel and put the flute away in the pouch, and cleared his throat. As he did, he was vividly reminded of the time he learned this story, and the diminutive gnome named Flint had cleared his throat the same way, before the bard had told him the full tale that Drizzt had apparently told him himself.

"Way back when, before I was born, there lived a drow named Drizzt Do'Urden..." he began, knowing she'd recognize the last name as a legendary family in drow culture, legendary in that they were ruthless, and at one point, the drow's evil god destroyed the whole family, minus Drizzt, in one blow.
"He was very much like you, appalled at the way his race acted. After a few hundred years..." he began to tell a tale of how Drizzt escaped from a drow city named Menzoberranzan, the biggest of drow cities, and his tale of how he survived a long time in the Underdark, coming to live in a place called Icewind Dale, far to the North from where they were. He stopped at the point Drizzt arrived at the mouth of the cave he had left to get something to drink, and to eat.

[Yeah, that all sounds impressive, but I totally ripped it off from a book XD Even the city name. I copy pasted it, don't even ask how to pronounce it, I never figured it out lol.]  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:45 pm
Huoriel listened the whole time, imagining the Drow city and the caves as he talked. Drizzt's tale was a lot like hers as Inei had said. When Inei stopped telling the tale she wondered how her story would be told. She smiled she was just glad she was free now.

She wondered if this was just intermission or if the story was truly over. She shrugged as she dissappeared back into the cave to grab a wineskin full of water. It wouldn't hurt to sip this one at her leisure since she still had two other ones, but she wouldn't guzzle it all down either.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:37 pm
Inei chuckled, taking a sip of the wineskin. "Sorry for pausing like that...needed to wet my lips a little." he explained, clearing his throat again.
Once Huoriel was comfortable again, he started up the next half of the tale. This told of the strange friendship he struck up with the dwarves of the Dale, as well as the dwarven king's adopted daughter, a human.

By the time he finished his story, which continued past that point to include many adventures across the world, it was much later in the day, the sun lower than the middle point, almost halfway down for the day.
"That took longer than I expected." he said with a soft laugh.
"Did you enjoy the story, Huoriel?" he asked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 pm
"It's alright, it was a good place to pause," Huoriel said, smiling as she curled up against Inei again. Huoriel enjoyed hearing about IceWind Dale and the Dwarves. It was always nice to learn new things.

The adventures really captivated her and she was now more sure that she wanted to travel also in the near future. She sighed happily when he finished. She did enjoy the story very much so.
"Time just flies doesn't it?" Huoriel chuckled, noticing the suns postion too. "And yes, I enjoyed it greatly."

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 pm
"You stick with me for a while, Huoriel, and you'll learn I've got many stories to tell." Inei said with another soft laugh. His arm still around her, he reached out for her hand and took it.

After a moment, he spoke. "Would you mind telling me about your life, before leaving? I know you disagreed with the drow, but what was it like down there? Was there....someone in your life?" he asked, emphasizing the word "someone", wondering if she'd catch the meaning. "Was there anyone else like you?" he added.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 am
Huoriel shook her head gently. "No, there was no one like me," she replied in a soft voice. "If there was I never heard about them. I would have brought them with me if there was another. And as for my life well...," she took in a breath shaking her head once again. "That's a story for another time. You understand?" she finished, lifting her head to look at him. She was much to happy to be worn down by thoughts of her Drow life and didn't want to spoil this calm moment.

She smiled at Inei for a moment. "And no there wasn't someone," she reassured. "Well not any one I truly cared about." she chuckled, curling up against his side again.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:14 am
Inei nodded. "I understand." he said softly, about her not wanting to talk about her life before this. It was likely too dark to be told at the moment. He looked over at the entrance of the cave as she curled up against him, and he looked back at her.
"I may have to go soon." he said softly. "I'll stay with you until the sun goes down, and we can step outside again." he suggested.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:30 am
"That is fine by me,"Huoriel responded, relaxing against him. She had never felt so calm before, it was a nice feeling. Huoriel couldn't think of anything to say so she remained silent at his side. She was never the talktive type anyways.

Huoriel squinted her eyes as she tried to watch the sun. It slowly got easier for her eyes to open as it continued its way down. The transaction from day to night was a beautiful thing. She loved the soft colors the sunset made before the sky turned a dark blue with glittering lights.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 am
As soon as the sun went down, Inei stood up, taking Huoriel with him. He held her hand as he led her toward the opening of the cave. He stepped out and looked around the area, smiling, then looking at her.
"Soon, you'll see it during the day." he promised her.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 am
"I can't wait,"Huoriel sighed happily. She wondered how different it would look, would it be all that different? She smiled back at Inei now, squeezing his hand as she did. "You'll be departing now, yes?" she questioned. She was never sure how long he would stay after dark, but so far it hadn't been long. She was used to it though and it wasn't so sad. Inei would always return the next day with water, new objects, and things to talk about.  

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:18 pm
"I must, but I have time to ask you what you want me to bring tomorrow." Inei said, turning to look at her and smiling even wider now that he could see what she looked like again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:58 pm
"Anything that shows what your culture is like will do,"Huoriel responded simply, shrugging one shoulder. Her heart seemed to warm as she examined Inei once again head to toe. She wondered if he looked different in the daylight. It was yet another thing to look forward to.

Huoriel nodded, opening her arms, inviting him in. It was time for him to depart so she wanted her goodbye hug even if she had to initiate it.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:02 pm
"I'll see if I can come up with something." Inei promised. He walked up to her and put his arms around her, holding her close to him, feeling comforted by her nearby, even without her arms around him, which just added to that feeling.
He held her for a long while, before whispering to her: "Goodnight, Huoriel." after that, he gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and let her go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:21 pm
When he had held her it felt like the moment could last forever which left her feeling slighty off when he let go of her. The kiss didn't last as long as the embrace did, but still filled her nonetheless.
"Rest well, Inei,"she whispered when his lips left hers.

Huoriel watched him climb back down and continued to watch him till he was out of her sight range. She sighed softly when she turned back to go back into the cave to rest. She found herself wishing Inei would be resting beside her through the night as her eyes drifted closed.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 pm
Inei took one look back at the cave, seeing her standing there. He smiled to himself and disappeared into the trees, headed home for the night.
---
He returned the next day carrying more water and supplies for her. He couldn't think of much to bring from his culture, so he decided to bring another carving, this one different than the others. He approached the cave slowly.
"Good morning, Huoriel." he said softly.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff