Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:07 am
I started wearing makeup when I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I just sorta jumped right into it!! I will say now that it was honestly just a phase, and now I luckily have learned that I really only need to wear a bit of mascara!! I honestly feel that if your sister wants to wear makeup she should go right ahead, just make sure that she is doing it for herself and not for attention, that is very important when you are learning about yourself. Tell her that I wish her luck in her self journey!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 am
It would probably be better if she eases into it, but I did know people in middle school who wore it everyday. It looked awful a lot of times because they had no clue what they were doing. I personally don't even wear full face make up and I'm 20. I only wear make up if I'm going out somewhere. I don't even wear it to parties at peoples houses often.

I have always had clear skin though.  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Paper Mache Dollfie

Wheezing Cutie-Pie

25,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 am
I started wearing makeup at about 13, so no I don't think 12 is too young. As long as it's done tastefully and matches well with her outfits.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:47 pm
At age 11. I dont wear it everyday now, but at the time i loved to get dressy but i wouldnt wear too much. You always want to keep it looking young at that age in my thoughts. I wouldn't say its too young nor too old as everyone starts to experiment to their likeing in teen years expecially. SO i'd say as long as she doesnt over due the make up till the point she looks way to old in it^^  

Beg For itx3

Blessed Citizen

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:42 am
I started wearing makeup around that age, so that's totally normal (to me).

I recommend starting off with the basics: mascara, gloss, and a dash of blush. Nothing over-the-top. She's still a child and her natural beauty should speak on its own; hell, women wear makeup to try to look like we have that flawless skin! Give her some time to ease into it, and slowly start adding some options to her repertoire (liners, shadows, lipstick) as she gets older. The change should definitely be gradual.

I have a 13-year-old sister who, for her birthday, got her first makeup products: a mascara, some blush, and some gloss. Perfect for her to start playing and minimally augmenting her already-present and natural beauty. I think that that's the way to go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 pm
Yes -3-
I still don't wear makeup much, mostly when it's something like a wedding. When I do wear it it's not much more than eye-liner and lip stick.
My aunts always use to compliment my skin and asked what I was doing to it and my reply was "I don't wear makeup" She was visibly unhappy with my reply XD

As a kid I wished I was allowed to wear makeup and nail polish but now I'm glad I wasn't, I don't depend on it to feel better about myself or feel pretty and I now have the mature sense to know how to wear it properly without over doing it. I'm 26 btw 8D  

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm
Lesseee...
I began wearing eyeshadow ["normal" or light 'unnatural' colors] + mascara at 12/13, at 13/14[when I began highschool] I dipped into eyeliner. I was taken to a store where they put makeup on you and was taught how to do it in a more natural look. I think it was Gottchalks, or something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:02 am
I started wearing makeup when I was 18, lololol.

I think twelve is a little young, but as long as it isn't excessive, it doesn't really matter.  

gabilliam tho

Cutie-Pie

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 am
I agree that it depends on how heavy the makeup is. My sister started wearing it (much to my parent's disapproval) around 13. I started around 15 or 16, stopped, and then started back up about a year ago (At 20ish).

I'm not sure if it's just a tale or not, but they say that the more you wear makeup, the more it does stuff to your skin and makes you look older without it? It's probably just a story but I've been told that many times. (I also get asked if I'm 17 all the time, but it could just be a baby face thing.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:29 am
well, my neighbour is 12 and shes started wearing mascara sometimes and maybe a bit of transparent or light pink lip gloss, but right now that’s it. ((;
i Think as long as they go fairly slowly and don’t do like foundation and powder and stuff (because that will be really bad for their skin and they probably really don’t need it so it doesn’t make scene) its really fine. I guess its ok to wear a bit of concealer as soon as your skin stars braking out but especially with younger girls i think its very important that someone helps them find a good one to use, that wont damage there skin and just make it worse. Its inevitable that they’ll want to try make up at some point so we may as well help them find good products and show them how to use them when its time. <3

Artemitus

Sarcastic Sweetheart

15,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hellraiser 500

HuskyEars

Intellectual Risk-Taker

14,675 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 am
I only started wearing proper make up at 18 because I just couldn't be bothered with it before.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:42 pm
I started at 13 too, I believe. But all I was doing was mascara and coverup.

Although I guess that's still all I do... ;P

Hersheydudette

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 am
It really depends on the style she is trying to wear. See if she is willing to avoid dark colors and dramatic looks like the black smokey eye as it doesn't seem age appropriate; but if all she wants is some foundation and eyeliner I dont really see an issue. While Ive never really like wearing make up and avoid it, I know back when i was in jr high (6-8 grade) lots of girls wore make up, and thats been about 15 years ago.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:48 pm
No makeup at 12 years old hunny sorry

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff