Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ReCon III Updated 2/5/10 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do we leave Summer Star on Sunday Morning or Monday?
Sunday
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm
Tea: Once I get my dates pinned down (Hell or High water, I am taking this vacation), we've got to figure out what I need to bring and so forth, seeing as I am flying and all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm
I'm not sure if I can make it, because there's a possibility that we'll be moving to another city during the summer. x_x

I'm graduating this May (but actually finishing my thesis defense probably in June or July.)  

Recursive Paradox

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:37 pm
TeaDidikai
too2sweet
TeaDidikai
What else is going on with folks?

Things are so up in the air with us, that I can't really make any solid plans for next week, much less several months down the road. sweatdrop

I still really want to go, but it may be that I won't really know until the last minute.
The last minute is sometime towards the end of May beginning of June since there is no on site registration.

That should be fine. If things haven't gotten better by then, I wouldn't be able to go anyways. I'll keep you posted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:11 am
huh... Turns out my Sister in Love might be coming.

I... might actually yet get to experience what it's like "coming out" to a family member.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:24 am
I've received a lot of interest in the Work Exchange Program.

Some of the things we are likely going to be working on for sure include:

Picking up around camp
Switching out the water in the hand sanitizing stations
Keeping the Honey Buckets clean
Working Gate Check In

There are some other things I am going to ask about us pitching in with, these include:

Setting up the different temple and alters
Doing artwork for the temples if needed
Acting as a Crier.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:14 pm
TeaDidikai
What else is going on with folks?

Last year was rough, so I'm not certain I can go. I should know for sure in a month or two. I think it ought to turn out fine, so long as I budget myself carefully.  

Aino Ailill

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm
Aino Ailill
Last year was rough,
I know how that is.
Quote:

so I'm not certain I can go.
Sorry to hear that- I hope it can still work out.

Quote:
I should know for sure in a month or two. I think it ought to turn out fine, so long as I budget myself carefully.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:55 pm
Tea: since you have gotten me airfaire and entrance covered, how much would you recommend I budget?  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:58 pm
maenad nuri
Tea: since you have gotten me airfaire and entrance covered, how much would you recommend I budget?
Depends on the meal you want to make for the group and how much spending lollie you'd like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 am
What with school my budget has significantly contracted in some ways, but budgeting has become easier in other ways. We're working on the budget now, so ReCon and SummerStar are on the list for me. Airfare's really the cincher. The best price my sale feelers have found is $89 one way, but so far they're only available for flights through May so I won't know until next month or even March whether I'll be able to fly for $200 or more in the range of $400.

Tea, is ReCon the length of the festival only or also a few days extra on either side? Also, since the best meals I could hope to make involve cheese and perhaps meat—although I've never made them over a fire, it would be kind of an experiment—what's food storage going to look like for the weekend?  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:55 pm
TheDisreputableDog

Tea, is ReCon the length of the festival only or also a few days extra on either side?
Few days on either side.

Quote:
Also, since the best meals I could hope to make involve cheese and perhaps meat—although I've never made them over a fire, it would be kind of an experiment—what's food storage going to look like for the weekend?
We typically use coolers, and prefreeze what we can to help keep them cold. Ice runs into town are common enough.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:01 pm
As of right now we have twelve people saying they wish to attend.

We have airfare confirmed for one- Nuri.
Isakane and I of course will be there.

I made a new poll. Folks looking to attend should cast their vote- so I can make arrangements.

The question is- do we level Summer Star early on Sunday so we can head up to The Sanctuary for photographs and fun, or do we indulge the special privilege that has been issued to our camp by the SummerStar staff and stay the extra day?

Pros to leaving on Sunday:
I like flush toilets and running water.
Pics at Sanctuary

Pros for leaving on Monday:
More camping time
Less cramped schedule

Gho- if you care to add any from last year's experience, feel free.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 am
Oh! So check it out!
In addition to doing the fun tasks of keeping the site clean, working check in etc- our tribe might be able to help with the Spirit Temple.

The woman who organizes it mentioned something about decorating with masks!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:23 am
Hey guys!
SummerStar Registration is about to kick off.
I need folks to tell me a couple of things.
For a start- I need to be sure who is coming as part of the tribe.
Of those people, who is going to be doing work exchange and who is going to be paying the full fee.
What day are we going to be leaving? Sunday or Monday?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 pm
At this point Tea, let me know what day you want me there, and what day you want me to leave. I can't put in for vacation until May anyways, so I might as well just make them deal with what I want.

(I have 9ish vacation days right now. I get at least 10 more June 1st. I have plenty to deal with)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff