Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm
I'd genuinely like to know what was posted that was racist?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:40 pm
Dori-Ryuu
You're no longer worth my time because you have nothing important to say or discuss. All you ever post is paragraphs of nonsense that when proven wrong about, you turn around and lash at the person for being a parasite. So this will be the last time I speak to you. Maybe when you have a little more insight and a little less hostility.

This smells like fish. Like irony fish. Why are you so closed to critical discussion? Did you really expect people here to just take you without a grain of salt - especially where it would concern their own traditions? I really think you would do with looking at yourself more objectively.

TeaDidikai
Cu is a Gael. His people were subjugated under the English Crown up into modern history. Their language nearly stripped from them. Their right to feed their family, to work their land to keep their culture denied, sometimes under penalty of death.

This is a shared experience with those of us whose families and dearly loved ones suffered through Magyarization in Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, and a dozen other nations. Cu and anyone else who still suffers from this and the attitudes that bred it will always have me at their back to educate and defend. As long as it's welcomed, of course. smile

Lance Kisgyr
Well, if Cu says the use of the term is culturally invalid as far as the Celts are concerned, I'll take it on his word, no problem.

Agreed. smile  

Collowrath

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:45 pm
Collowrath
Dori-Ryuu
You're no longer worth my time because you have nothing important to say or discuss. All you ever post is paragraphs of nonsense that when proven wrong about, you turn around and lash at the person for being a parasite. So this will be the last time I speak to you. Maybe when you have a little more insight and a little less hostility.

This smells like fish. Like irony fish. Why are you so closed to critical discussion? Did you really expect people here to just take you without a grain of salt - especially where it would concern their own traditions? I really think you would do with looking at yourself more objectively.

TeaDidikai
Cu is a Gael. His people were subjugated under the English Crown up into modern history. Their language nearly stripped from them. Their right to feed their family, to work their land to keep their culture denied, sometimes under penalty of death.

This is a shared experience with those of us whose families and dearly loved ones suffered through Magyarization in Slovakia, Poland, Serbia, and a dozen other nations. Cu and anyone else who still suffers from this and the attitudes that bred it will always have me at their back to educate and defend. As long as it's welcomed, of course. smile

Lance Kisgyr
Well, if Cu says the use of the term is culturally invalid as far as the Celts are concerned, I'll take it on his word, no problem.

Agreed. smile

I don't mind critical discussion, But there is a point where it's no longer a discussion but a flame war. I personally don't want to get into that again. I was a bit in the deep end last night due to poor word choices and exhaustion. But I honestly don't feel like fighting with people.

I just want to have a good conversation. Whether it's me answering questions about things, or asking questions. I don't mind being taken for a grain of salt, because it's understandable. But, like i said, i just don't feel like fighting about nothing anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 pm
Collowrath

I am much the same.
I like the English people, I should point out, in so far as I like any people.
I have English friends, I have English family. I do not judge any person based on what their ancestors or people who were the same nationality as their ancestors did. That would be silly and would propogate the racism, the likes of which we still have up the North  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Kashaku-Tatsu
A lot of deities through out time were not nice to humans, like with them, the dragons will work with us if given the proper respect.
The dragons I know of wouldn't lift a leg to piss on you, to get to the point.
Quote:
...Astral beings who work to keep the universe running (not too far off from gods of other religions)
This is rather insulting. Projecting your incomplete understanding of divine beings onto our religious traditions- implying that our gods follow roles you assign them, is downright ignorant.

Quote:
I have put a lot of study into finding lore to understand the path a bit more (mostly a "habit", if u will, from my recon days as well as 'book worm' days of school). I have found a good site for dragon lore, the serene dragon. You almost have to delve into cultural studies to unearth their views on dragons, ie the Asian cultures, esp the Chinese.
For someone who claims to be educated in dragons, suggesting that the Asian cultures have dragons by any Western standard is rather racist of you.
Quote:

The dragon I work with (as my patron) is Ourorborus, the dragon who lies with his tail in his mouth, symbolic of life/death/rebirth.
Did you remember that the Greek name doesn't translate to dragon, but instead, snake?

οὐροβόρος ὄφις ! = Snake. stare

You might as well be making the claim that you worshiped Adam's First Wife Lilith for all the accuracy in your understanding you present.
Quote:

As in all religious/spiritual paths we have our share of personal experiences to enhance what we can find in books.
Except for the religions that don't, such as orthopraxic mystery trads.
Quote:

And like he stated previously, we look to Tiamat as a "mother goddess" role cause of her affiliations with harvest/fertility, her description as a dragon and the creation of the dragons. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying she is a loving, doting mother, but we give her the respect of a matriarch of a family.
I love this kind of historical revisionism! Might as well call Diana a homosexual!

Seriously though, there is no historical documentation within Babylonian mythology that depicts Tiamat as a dragon, in fact, she was considered by the ancient Babylonians as the personification and awareness of the sea.

stare
Quote:

Another dragon we work with is the Amphesbaena. Due to his vigilance from having a head on either end, we look to him as a guardian of sorts.
Again. This is a good example of revisionism. Snake =/= Dragon. Seriously, the early depictions had no legs, no wings, merely a two headed snake.

Looks like these are less about working with actual beings and more about working with Thoughtforms shaped like dragons.

Lance Kisgyr
Isn't the term heathen usually used for Asatruar or other Norse pagans?
Myself? I live on a heath. ~shrugs~  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:53 pm
Dori-Ryuu
I explained it in detail, but here we go again.

You are not a Gael. You are in no position to inform a Gael that he must accept your language and it's projection onto his culture.

Also- anyone interested in the fact that to this point, none of the beings they claim to work with are actually dragons in any sense but the Fluffy one?

That said, it at least explains why they haven't been reduced to coke. They're the ones in control of the thought forms. ~shrugs~  

TeaDidikai

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu
I explained it in detail, but here we go again.

You are not a Gael. You are in no position to inform a Gael that he must accept your language and it's projection onto his culture.

Also- anyone interested in the fact that to this point, none of the beings they claim to work with are actually dragons in any sense but the Fluffy one?

That said, it at least explains why they haven't been reduced to coke. They're the ones in control of the thought forms. ~shrugs~

If you feel that is racist, then I apologize, blame the heritage dictionary because i copy pasted the definition from the dictionary website.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm
TeaDidikai

To be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable about dragons, so it never really occurred to me. sweatdrop  

Lance Kibagari

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm
Dori-Ryuu

If you feel that is racist, then I apologize, blame the heritage dictionary because i copy pasted the definition from the dictionary website.
The dictionary did not make you violate the protests of someone based on your privilege. You're responsible for your own actions- no one else.

And yes, justifying those actions highlights how racist it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu

The dictionary did not make you violate the protests of someone based on your privilege. You're responsible for your own actions- no one else.

Wow....  

X C L S I O R

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 pm
Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai

To be honest, I'm not that knowledgeable about dragons, so it never really occurred to me. sweatdrop
Best analogy I can think of is that the beings they claim to worship as dragons are to actual dragons as a sock puppet is to The Royal Shakespeare Company.

(Thank you Terry)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 pm
TeaDidikai

By this point, I'm surprised they haven't said they've been calling on Paladine the Platinum Dragon, and Takhisis, Queen of Many Colors (D&D nerd mode activate!). It'd make about as much sense as calling upon the rest as dragons.  

IH_Zero

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:01 pm
Dori-Ryuu
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu

Wow....
I know, racism is hard to identify when you don't typically experience the other end of racial privilege.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:02 pm
Dori-Ryuu
I don't mind critical discussion, But there is a point where it's no longer a discussion but a flame war. I personally don't want to get into that again. I was a bit in the deep end last night due to poor word choices and exhaustion. But I honestly don't feel like fighting with people.

I just want to have a good conversation. Whether it's me answering questions about things, or asking questions. I don't mind being taken for a grain of salt, because it's understandable. But, like i said, i just don't feel like fighting about nothing anymore.

The problem is that nobody was flaming until you got all butt hurt. :/ It just seems like you wanted to be approached as Grand Master of Everything - and then it didn't go your way. *shrug*

CúAnnan

I am much the same.
I like the English people, I should point out, in so far as I like any people.
I have English friends, I have English family. I do not judge any person based on what their ancestors or people who were the same nationality as their ancestors did. That would be silly and would propogate the racism, the likes of which we still have up the North

I agree with that. The damage is done and it must be repaired, but it wasn't they who did the damage in the first place and they can't be held accountable as a group for their ancestors.  

Collowrath

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:03 pm
TeaDidikai
Lance Kisgyr
TeaDidikai

Best analogy I can think of is that the beings they claim to worship as dragons are to actual dragons as a sock puppet is to The Royal Shakespeare Company.

(Thank you Terry)

OK, I'm done. You people are ******** nuts. You talk about pushing belief on others (FOR A ******** WORD THAT WAS IN THE DICTIONARY BTW) when all you do is the same s**t. You insult, and demean peoples belief and then get all twisted and bent out of shape when its done back to you. My patience has worn out. You people are impossible. Have fun in your box. You can say what you want now, I'm out. I will NOT sit here and have you ******** people insult my practice and WHAT I BELIEVE IN. Have fun in your lives. I hope its a short one.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff