Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The progress thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:18 pm
Started Weight Watchers: 9 March 2006

First Weight Loss Goal: 22 pounds -- GOAL MET
Total Loss: 39.8 pounds
Current Weight Loss Goal: 7.2 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' of weight (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me)

Fitness: I work out in the gym once a week; take three walks weekly; do stomach rolls/crunches/situps once a week; do deep/forceful breathing exercises once a day.

Recent Rewards: I got my last skirts back from the tailor. All my skirts had to be taken in by two to four inches. Yay! Next week, I'll start taking in my shirts as well. I'll probably only do two to four at a time on shirts, since they're harder and more complicated to tailor, and therefore more expensive.

Non-Weight Goal: I will be able to enjoy my family reunion this October with my active family, including walks around town and country to visit sites important in our family history.

Strategies:
*Remembering to eat throughout the day instead of saving it all up for a too-big dinner. That route lies diabetes.
* Reaching for sliced cucumbers, carrots, celery, fruits -- instead of cookies, pies, and full-fat cheeses.
* Keeping kosher. No, seriously. It means I'm already good at declining to eat food that's not in my best interests to eat.
* Slicing up a bunch of veggies at night while doing dinner prep, and saving them in plastic baggies in single or double portions, so that they're easy to snack on the following day. (Yes, a food processor helps.)
* Having a 'treat' once a day. I use Slim-A-Bear ice cream bars, which are 98% fat free and count as a dairy serving, or Weight Watchers ice creams, which ditto.
* When I feel like eating when I'm not hungry, I work out, paint my nails, clean something in the house, take a walk, or get a cat to park on my lap until the impulse passes.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:19 am

Total Loss: 40.4 pounds
Current Weight Loss Goal: 6.6 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' of weight (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me)

Fitness: I work out in the gym once a week; take three walks weekly; do stomach rolls/crunches/situps once a week; do deep/forceful breathing exercises once a day.

Recent Rewards: A month ago, all my skirts and a couple of my shirts needed to be taken in by two to four inches each (depending on the size I was when I bought each one). One month later, the skirts are already loose again. So loose that I have to wear suspenders to keep them from slipping down to my hips instead of remaining up by my waist.

Non-Weight Goal: I will be able to enjoy my family reunion in mid-October with my active family, including walks around town and country to visit sites important in our family history.

Strategies:
*Remembering to eat throughout the day instead of saving it all up for a too-big dinner. That route lies diabetes.
* Reaching for sliced cucumbers, carrots, celery, fruits -- instead of cookies, pies, and full-fat cheeses.
* Keeping kosher. No, seriously. It means I'm already good at declining to eat food that's not in my best interests to eat.
* Slicing up a bunch of veggies at night while doing dinner prep, and saving them in plastic baggies in single or double portions, so that they're easy to snack on the following day. (Yes, a food processor helps.)
* Having a 'treat' once a day. I use Slim-A-Bear ice cream bars or Weight Watchers ice cream treats, which are 97% to 100% fat free, and count as a dairy serving.
* When I feel like eating when I'm not hungry, I work out, paint my nails, clean something in the house, take a walk, or get a cat to park on my lap until the impulse passes.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kaego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:03 pm
Week 1

Weight Loss: 1.5 pounds
Weight still to lose: 28.5 pounds
Feeling: Motivated, and ready!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:06 pm
Hi, I jond this guild a while ago but i just now have the urg to post.

My goal is to LOSE a little weight each week.

-Weight lost: 18lb

-Feeling: I'm feeling better but my thyroid is out a wack from the dieting that i'm left tired.

-Any fitter?: Yeah, my abs are getting firmer.  

Kizumi Nonashi

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:43 pm
Lost 10 pounds before joining Weight Watchers
Total Loss: 41.8 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 51.8 pounds in all.
Current Weight Loss Goal: 5.2 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' of weight (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me)

Recent Rewards: In midsummer, I took my summer-weight skirts and blouses to the tailor to be taken in by a few inches each. I recently had to do it again. My tailor tells me that shrinking my shirts any further would make the cut look strange, and my skirts' front pockets are now on the back of my hips instead of in front of them, which means I won't be able to tailor anything down further. So, I went and bought four new shirts, a little bit tight on me, and we'll see how long they last before the same thing is true of them. smile Also, I enjoyed a family reunion in October, including walking all around various historical sites in my home state, and watching all my cousins huff and puff to keep up with ME for a change.

Non-Weight Goal: I'll be spending US Thanksgiving with my Significant Other's family. They last saw me at my very heaviest, before I lost any weight at all, and my SO's grandmother kept making remarks to me about what I was eating and how I needed to lose weight. She's at that age where they no longer think before speaking, "Is this going to hurt someone's feelings or offend them mightily?" And yes. It hurt. I'm really looking forward to seeing her expression when she sees me 50 pounds lighter than she's ever known me to be.

Is it worth it? Let's see. I pay about $10 per week to go to as many Weight Watchers meetings as I want per week. I work out, and meet interesting people in the gym and on my walks, and in the stores where I shop for exercise gear. I'm "forced" to eat healthier, and ultimately tastier, foods. Nobody's asked me if I'm pregnant in the last six months. I can now buy my lingerie at Victoria's Secret instead of at Lane Bryant. So... yeah. It's totally worth it. Even the $10 a week is worth it, because when you think about it, staying fat costs more in terms of doctor bills from all the health problems that start occurring because of being overweight. It's actually cheaper to pay the $10 a week now than to pay the thousands of dollars later in hospital bills. And to top it all off, the people that used to make fun of me (strangers) or look sad and worried for me (family and friends) are now expressing their enthusiastic approval of my new physique.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:58 am
Week: I have no idea to be honest, I started back in May.

Start weight: 13st 11 (193lbs)

Current Weight:
12st 6lbs (174lbs)

Weight lost: 1st 3lbs (19lbs)  

Deadlock Victim

Masquerader

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:22 pm
I had a really good day, ate lots of fruits and veggies but my dad gave me this huge chocolate chip muffin and I ate ALL of it. gonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:02 am
Total Loss: 43.2 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 53.2 pounds in all.
Current Weight Loss Goal: 3.8 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight

Recent Rewards: I was recently able to borrow a sweater and a jacket from my friend. They'd been WAY too small on me (I couldn't even get them on) just a few months ago, and now the sweater is a little loose and the jacket fits perfectly. A relative of mine heard that I'd lost 50 pounds since I last saw her, and decided that she's going to buy me an iPod, so I can work out to music. Score! And finally, Thanksgiving with the in-laws proved terrific. People couldn't stop raving about how good I look. Normally I try not to focus on external beauty, but I admit that it was very gratifying that they all noticed and were proud of me. The grandmother who used to tell me to lose weight every time she looked at me no longer says anything at all to me. The silence is worth every drop of sweat.

Non-Weight Goal: My SO and I are planning a trip to Disneyland in February, during the off season when it isn't as crowded. I'll be able to sit on the airplane without asking for an extender for the seatbelt, and ride the rides without being squished by the safety bars. I'm looking forward to walking around the park all day and not getting overly tired. I'm also looking forward to being described as "the one in the hat" instead of "the fat one" when someone wants to point me out in a crowd.

Is it worth it? I pay about $10 per week to go to as many Weight Watchers meetings as I want each week. I work out, and meet interesting people in the gym and on my walks, and in the stores where I shop for exercise gear. I eat healthier, and ultimately tastier, foods. Nobody's asked me if I'm pregnant in the last six months. I can now buy my lingerie at Victoria's Secret instead of at Lane Bryant. Even the $10 a week is worth it, because when you think about it, staying fat costs more in terms of doctor bills from all the health problems that start occurring because of being overweight. It's actually cheaper to pay the $10 a week now than to pay the thousands of dollars later in hospital bills. So... yeah. It's totally worth it.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:53 pm
Week: I couldn't say the week since i didnt add up all the weeks.

Starting weight: 165ish.
Current weight: 143ish
Weight loss in total: 22lbs.

More to go: 18lbs or less. (depends how far my mom will let me go without noticing)

My mood right now: Not so happy, but not sad.

Feelings/thoughts: I wish I wasn't hungry. I think my friends should relax about me losing weight, and making me eat a certain amount. I want my friend to come on. I took pictures today, and i feel i haven't lost anything.

more fit: from when i started yes i am. i'm building muscle up now that it is winterish.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 am
Beginning of Week 1:

Ok, so I have been dieting for a while, but I just found this Guild so I will say this is week one.

Weight Loss:None so far
Started Weight:230lbs
Weight Loss Goal:60lbs

Xx_Jack_Twist_xX

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:21 am
Welcome Jack-Twist. Good luck with your dieting. You can also start a dieting journal in the subforum if that helps.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:23 pm
Week: Whatever, I can't be bothered keeping count xD

Weightloss so far: 10 kgs
Current weight: 60kgs

NEW GOAL!: 58kg
Therefore, weightloss needed: 2kgs.

Notes: With my new job it should be pretty easy with the exercise I already do. Waitressing has caused my thighs to tone up and lose a bit more weight. I guess running around for 6 hours straight keeps you fit!
Not giving myself a time frame, but I would like it in time for when I go to a friend's shack in Feb, so it should be a piece of cake (no pun intended).

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:21 am
Total Loss: 45.6 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 55.6 pounds in all. A new low! Also, I have now lost 20% of my starting weight.
Current Weight Loss Goal: 2.4 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight

Recent Rewards:A relative of mine heard that I'd lost 50 pounds since I last saw her, bought me an iPod so I'd have some fun music to take with me on my workouts. My SO and I bought Dance Dance Revolution so that we could both work out right in the apartment sometimes instead of going to the gym.

Non-Weight Goal: My SO and I are planning a trip to Disneyland in February, during the off season when it isn't as crowded. I'll be able to sit on the airplane without asking for an extender for the seatbelt, and ride the rides without being squished by the safety bars. I'm looking forward to walking around the park all day and not getting overly tired. I'm also looking forward to being described as "the one in the hat" instead of "the fat one" when someone wants to point me out in a crowd.

Is it worth it? I pay about $10 per week to go to as many Weight Watchers meetings as I want each week. I don't get tired anymore as I go about the normal errands every day. I eat healthier, and ultimately tastier, foods -- and I have redefined what it means to feel satisfied by a meal. Even the $10 a week is worth it, because when you think about it, staying fat costs more in terms of doctor bills from all the health problems that start occurring because of being overweight. It's actually cheaper to pay the $10 a week now than to pay the thousands of dollars later in medical bills. So... yeah. It's totally worth it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:35 am
Total Loss: 45.4 pounds since joining Weight Watchers. 55. pounds in all. A new low! Also, I have now lost 20% of my starting weight.
Current Weight Loss Goal: 2.6 more pounds till I hit my next 'decade' (110, 120, 130, and so on are 'decades' for me) of total weight

Some of you may notice that I'm up 0.2 pounds since last week. It's true. I ate a lot of extras during the eight days and nights of Chanukah. Know what? I'm still five pounds less than I was at Thanksgiving. Yes. I lost weight between Thanksgiving and ChrismaChanuKwanzaNewYearKah. The season in which dieters traditionally give up and throw all their progress out the window, then come back feeling like failures who don't deserve to be healthy, and then gain all the weight back and then some... I lost weight.

Go Weight Watchers. And go, me!  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:34 pm
I haven't had time to go to a weigh-in this week, but I can tell you this much. I bought five new skirts to fit my new size last month, and I got them a little bit too small by accident. Today I tried them on, and they fit. Last week, they didn't fit. Go, Weight Watchers!  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games