Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moniquill

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 pm
Hello! My name is Monique (Moniquill, Moni), I'm a 26-year-old psychologist from New England (specifically Rhode Island), and I write.

I've had two short stories published with Circlet Press, and am working on a novel for them as well. I'm also working on a novel that I hope to pitch to Verb Noire press and have roughly a dozen side projects at any given time.
I write exclusively speculative fiction, because reality bores me.
My favorite Author is Octavia Butler, but if I started listing other authors who move and inspire me I'd fill pages.

I am nocturnal, relative to Eastern Standard Time.
I have been dubbed 'the human wikipedia' on several occasions by several people. This is because I am an epic nerd. I speak fluent Tropelish (CLICK AT OWN RISK. IT WILL EAT YOUR SOUL).

I also heartily welcome non-gaia contact, via AIM under the sn Moniquill or via MSN Messenger under the sn Dreadfulmoqui@hotmail.com - a warning, though, if you don't introduce yourself immediately and say where you're from I may be a bit brusque as I have had issues with stalkers.

TL; DR - Hi! I'm Monique! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:52 pm
Hiya. I'm Quynh. I'm only 17 years old, but sometimes I forget and say 18. Heck, oh well, only four more months. I'm from Texas, but I don't have a southern drawl because I rarely speak and when I do, I talk pretty fast.

I write fanfictions and have two original stories that I'm working on. Romance, mostly. I try not to fall into the whole "I love you, you love me" scene with it, and sometimes I succeed. Mainly because I haven't gotten to that part yet, haha.

If I didn't already want to be a mechanical engineering, I would sit on my butt and write all day, hoping someone will publish me. Unfortunately, I don't have a favorite author because I just read whatever I can get my hands on. Though, I love the classics and I love anything that gets me to the edge of my seat or broken into tears. Yes, I'm that kind of reader, aren't we all?

I'm a completely nocturnal being, at least until school starts up again. Then it's off to college and I'm back to being nocturnal.

I try to get on Gaia a lot and sometimes I do, sometimes I don't... but if anyone wants to contact me to rant to a stranger, to introduce yourself, or whatever.. Email me at divinexsimplicity(at)gmail.com <-- I'm doing that to avoid any spam that might find itself into Gaia, but just replace it with an @. You can also find me on AIM: quynhii. I don't usually give out these contact info, so please don't abuse it.

TL; DR - Nice to meet you all, call me Quynh. =]  

divinexs

Ladycathren

Shadowy Phantom

11,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:29 pm
Hello, hm, I'm Chelsea, but Lady work's great. I've never been published, I'm 18 and am coincidentally from Texas as well. I write free verse poetry but it has order of course. I write from my emotions and from what I see as truth. I'm not much for introductions but that's all i've got.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 pm
Oh, you're the one I just approved.

Welcome, I guess. I'm quite terrible at answering introductions.

Hello to everyone else too of course.  

Kelethor
Crew

B e a r B o b

Gracious Smoker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 pm
Hello, i'm Bob, though you can call
me by any name you see fit (:
I'm 18, yet to have a publication, however, i've
only really started to right as less of a hobby
since joining university in September of 2009.
(:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm
Hello! I'm Katie. I am a high school student in Pennsylvania. I absolutely love to read and express my opinions. My favorite form of writing is poetry and I like constructive criticism about my work. I like writing about transitions and particularly enjoy stories with dynamic characters, but then again, don't we all? Stay groovy eneryone!! biggrin  

EstoPerpetua

MADLYALICE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:41 am
Hello, my name is Marjorie. I'm a teenager who's homeschooled and lives in Hawaii. I have been writing all my life, and have finished plenty of short stories. This November, a friend of mine got me to do NaNoWriMo, which I finished days earlier then most (on Thanksgiving). I write mainly fiction and sci-fi, but I've been interested in trying a fictionalized non-fiction sometime after I finish my current project.
You can call me Candy, Cat, Cathy or Love, (those are the name I'm known by here on gaia.)
Think that's it. :'D  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm
Well, you can just call me Shuriken, or if you prefer Pantsless Dan. That would be my nickname in the real world.
I hate my English class and my History class in school, yet I take AP level courses for both of them. Math and Science are my forte, but I like writing, go figure?
I usually like long walks on the beach, and sitting at the pool in th- wait! Wrong introduction! wink
I'm a junior in high school, though I have been mistaken for someone on a college level. My last guild felt embarrassed when they found out. Hehe
I currently have a project that I hope to work with and get published before I turn 18, which I will be 17 in about 2 weeks. If all works out and I do get published, then it'll be going to college tuition.
Hope we all get along ^^

Shuriken99

Dapper Phantom

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kindless
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:00 am
Well, I think after my long dissaperance I think I should re-post here. (My original post in this thread is from April '09)

I'm back, modding the poetry sub once again.

Basic info would be; My name is Yai. My previous username was 'Beyond the Bounds' I'm not sure if anyone remembers that far back. I will be trying to liven up the poetry sub a little more, even if you have nothing to share, comment on others or hit up the sticky.

I hope to be reading all of your work in the near future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm
Hello and good whatever time of day it is for you, I am Sweet-Fang but you can call me Fang or if you really want to use my real name, Ruby. I am 16 and I live in British Columbia in Canada.

I am a major animal lover, so don't be surprised by my poems being based on them. I also have written some kind of dark poems but I have brightened up a bit.

Please feel free to help me out with my writing and I look forward to checking out your work.  

SWEET-FANG

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 pm
Hi. Hmm I pretty much suck at introducing myself so bear with me. I'm XxXDevil-Chan, but i go by Devon, Emily, Kayla, or Mirror. My real name is Kayla.

I write poetry, songs, short stories, and chapter stories. I've only once completed a chapter story, all the rest are works in progress. Computers pretty much hate me for all it's worth. I've had 5-7 computers crash, kill my hard drive, or just go dead and make me loose everything that's on them. Most of my poetry is pretty dark and emotional. It's just my way of getting everything off my chest because i suck at talking about my feelings to myself let alone to other people. I love critique and hope to become an amazing writer. I want to get published someday and share my imagination with others.

I like acting and writing mostly because it takes me away from the real world for a little bit. I like singing as well, and plan to ask my dad to teach me to sing better. (he used to be in a band, before he got custody of my half-sister).

Oh I also kind of hate it when people ask me if I'm alright, because i either have to lie and say yes, or say no and then have them bug me for half a day asking why I'm not alright. Ok. I'm done talking about myself now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 pm
I also make suck-ish introductions, but!

My name is Amanda, but my friends get lazy and drop off the 'A' so it's just 'Manda (Never Mandy!). I'm 19, and I only got into writing because I RP'ed all the time - before that I wouldn't so much as pick up a book. Needless to say, when I finally did I took to writing very fast.

My writings are most influenced by the dark romantics (an example of which would be Edgar Allen Poe) and tend to revolve around super natural occurrences (some what of a blend of Sci-Fi and Fantasy). I, absolutely, love, the use, of commas. And on occasion, only when writing fiction, I make up my own words and sometimes bend the rules of English grammer (intentional) to best get my point across.

I will admit, my attention span for reading works is very narrow at times - I only read what I find interesting, as my brain will unwillingly start to skip entire paragraphs just to hurry to the end (i.e. History text books -_-; ), but I do give everything a fair chance. Particularly for new writers (such as all you lovely's!) since their works tend to be `fresh.`

Lastly, feel free to talk. I bite only if provoked.  

Starstigress

1,900 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

standstillxlovesong

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:23 am
Hello!

My name is Ambre. I'm going to be twenty in nine days. I'm a college sophomore with a creative writing major and film studies minor.

I've been writing fantastical stories and poetry for as long as I can remember, but only became serious about it during high school during which I, sadly, only wrote fan fiction (some of it bad fan fiction at that). I write a lot of mixed genre fiction, usually containing some kind of dysfunctional relationship and sci-fi, horror, etc. elements.

I'm most influenced by Stephen King, since he is the author I read the most. But I am also influenced by Edgar Allen Poe, Oscar Wilde, and Robert Frost at times. I get inspired more by films than by works of other authors, but that's not really surprising seeing as though I spend most of my Friday nights at the movie theater.

I like the color turquoise, Vincent Price movies, and good books. :]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:16 pm
Hey, Im Mykee. I'm 17 I turn 18 May, 28th, I can't wait! Um.. I like to write LOL (obviously). My writing isn't something that I think about or sit and work on, my average poem takes me about two minutes to write. Only my closest friends actually know that I write and only two have heard anything I wrote.. I would love to get published. I plan on writing a book at some point in time... something romantic... LOL.. thats about it! LOL heart heart  

DeathOfBunnies

just anni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 pm
Well hello there. I'm Annabel, but you may call me annivi or violet as well. I am 14 (5'6"-ish and about 108 lbs), and a freshman in high school. I am partly Scottish but only a little. I have very very dark brown eyes that scare people sometimes, which is oddly amusing, because I'm hardly a threat. Anyways, I write poetry, mostly free verse though I do well with rhyming. I don't like people telling me I have to write poetry on a certain topic in a certain format because I scribble randomly. I'm the sort who wakes up at 2 in the morning desperately looking for a scrap of paper to write a poem on. I enjoy the work of Edgar Allen Poe and William Shakespeare, though some of it is a bit dense for me still. I read lots of fantasy and sci-fi. I like books a lot, but am bad at writing them. I love artistic anything, including knitting, drawing, origami, kirigami, and photography. I have always been a rather strange child, moody and complex and eager to learn. Sometimes I say that I hate people, but only being around them mainly. I find people to be loud and overwhelming in large amounts, but that does not mean that I hate all of them. Crowds are scary and so are heights. I'll try to not be as closed off to people as usual. I actually have a sense humor and lots of sarcasm to go around. You could find a description of me on my profile if you have the initiative to go look.
-Annabel

Announcements

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces