Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Totomato Zelo

Melodious Genius

7,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:57 pm
if i see a good looking guy like a girl and there's a another cutie in the anime i get mad and get crazy...like...like shougo chara =(
i try do ignore it but i cant i guess i have heterophobie twisted twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:15 am
Nope, definitely not just you. Almost all the time my reaction is the same as yours. But there are some straight pairings (not really counted pairings, but still) that I like... Like Snape and Lily... it's just too sweet to be, you know... In my opinion at least...

But in almost every other show, anime, book, whatever, I DETEST straight pairings. biggrin To the point I generally just detest all the female characters, although I'm a female myself. O.o sweatdrop  

Asphodel_Winter

tigerstripedmoon

Trash Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:45 am
I like straight pairings about as much as I like yaoi ones; it all depends on the characters. I write het and yaoi both, so. :3 I judge all pairings, regardless of orientation, on whether or not I feel it's believable and makes sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:13 pm
In my opinion, it's boring if it's straight 3nodding  

LazyButler

Faberge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm
I absolutely adore heterosexual pairings.

What I can't stand is people who insist that because the creator placed a male and a female character together it is instantly a boring and stupid waste of time.

I think it's sad that a female character can be so quickly hated just because a fan wants to see their favorite male character with another. I feel just awful seeing that level of disrespect for the creator's ideas and hopes for their series.

Plus, there are just some homosexual pairings that are just pathetically stretched to the limit.

I will ship Kyon and Haruhi as much as I would enjoy seeing Kyon and Itsuki. Or I will ship Hungary and Austria as much as I like Prussia and Austria. It's all a matter of really seeing the relationship in all formats no matter the series.

I ship Kaiba and Anzu. I ship Kaito and Miku. I ship Ulquiorra and Orihime. Revy and Rock, and that my friends is a straight pairing you will NEVER call dul or annoyingl. I ship Yako and Neuro; Randel and Alice; Kittan and Yoko, Nia and Simon... and even Firo and Ennis. I don't see how heterosexual pairings can be dull, tasteless or annoying.

My biggest pet peeve is people saying that heterosexual pairings are cliche and have no substance. I can like my guy on girl as much as my guy on guy AND my girl on girl. I think it means your horizons are that much more open to experiencing what the creator intended from the series, as well as enjoying the pairings you enjoy shipping within, as yaoi.

After all; it's heartbreaking but I'm pretty sure 90% of the pairings fans like aren't canonical, but fan-created.

EDIT: Yes! I do like yaoi! And yes, I respect your ability to pair off whom you like. That is, of course, your own creativity. But I will defend heterosexual pairings just as vehemently as you slash your men. And then some. I'm an even-stevens girl: gay, lesbian, straight-- I'll enjoy it all, because that's my respect for the work the creators' put into their inter-character relations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:49 pm
*shrugs* ehh, not that great as two guys but I can deal with it. It's just soo cliche.  

Mohawk Dog

deactivatedfedcba

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:56 pm
[T w i r l]

What I can't stand is people who insist that because the creator placed a male and a female character together it is instantly a boring and stupid waste of time.

I think it's sad that a female character can be so quickly hated just because a fan wants to see their favorite male character with another. I feel just awful seeing that level of disrespect for the creator's ideas and hopes for their series.

Plus, there are just some homosexual pairings that are just pathetically stretched to the limit.

I will ship Kyon and Haruhi as much as I would enjoy seeing Kyon and Itsuki. Or I will ship Hungary and Austria as much as I like Prussia and Austria. It's all a matter of really seeing the relationship in all formats no matter the series.

I ship Kaiba and Anzu. I ship Kaito and Miku. I ship Ulquiorra and Orihime. Revy and Rock, and that my friends is a straight pairing you will NEVER call dul or annoyingl. I ship Yako and Neuro; Randel and Alice; Kittan and Yoko, Nia and Simon... and even Firo and Ennis. I don't see how heterosexual pairings can be dull, tasteless or annoying.

My biggest pet peeve is people saying that heterosexual pairings are cliche and have no substance. I can like my guy on girl as much as my guy on guy AND my girl on girl. I think it means your horizons are that much more open to experiencing what the creator intended from the series, as well as enjoying the pairings you enjoy shipping within, as yaoi.

After all; it's heartbreaking but I'm pretty sure 90% of the pairings fans like aren't canonical, but fan-created.

EDIT: Yes! I do like yaoi! And yes, I respect your ability to pair off whom you like. That is, of course, your own creativity. But I will defend heterosexual pairings just as vehemently as you slash your men. And then some. I'm an even-stevens girl: gay, lesbian, straight-- I'll enjoy it all, because that's my respect for the work the creators' put into their inter-character relations.

...I don't know who you are, but I respect you so much. This is exactly the kind of rant I wish I had the nerve to do.

Basically: this. Seriously... it just bugs me that people will dismiss a pairing for being straight; it's exactly like people go "oh that's gay how can you ship it!?".  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:50 pm
Keltena
Faberge

...I don't know who you are, but I respect you so much. This is exactly the kind of rant I wish I had the nerve to do.

Basically: this. Seriously... it just bugs me that people will dismiss a pairing for being straight; it's exactly like people go "oh that's gay how can you ship it!?".
c:

You're welcome. I'll admit too-- I've been through the stages: the innocent stage: where yaoi/homosexuality is this new curiosity... the obsessive stage: where I wanted little else to do with female characters.

Finally, I plateaued at a point where I took a look around and said: "How can I be so closed? I'm just like a homophobe, except I'd be a heterophobic hypocrite" -- since saying I hate straight pairings is essentially saying I'd hate any relationship I'd get myself into since I'm a heterosexual woman.

And that's just not fair at all to someone I'd love.

Faberge

Maki Casanova

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 pm
Unfortunately, it's a pet peeve for me. I don't know why, but I just don't like seeing a boy and a girl together at all in anime/manga. X_x I know there might be some good ones, but I guess it's just not my type of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:42 pm
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

Faberge, Keltena, [T w i r l], I agree with you guys so much. It's no wonder yaoi fans are looked down upon, the way some of us behave (like all the people who hate every female anime character ever...just because they "ruin" their OTPs) is just embarrassing.

Gold stars for you!
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

Lady Tsukiko Kuonji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:52 pm
It depends!

for example- Harry potter, I hate the stupid Malfoy+everybody pairings.

However, I also find it annoying that in Fushigi Yuugi, Nuriko and Hotohori are a must-get-together. I mean, just because ((SPOILER ALERT!)) Nuriko accepts the fact that he's, erm, male, does not mean that by default he must be in love with Miaka now. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:08 pm
I like straight pairings as much as I like yaoi and yuri pairings. I even like them within the same fandom - Remus/Tonks makes me glee just as much as Remus/Snape for example. It really just depends on the two people in question.

And I'd never demand that the channel be changed or the movie fast-forwarded though a kiss or sex scene. That's just rude - I'm not the only one watching.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pawn Of Ace - - x

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 pm
User Image
the memories you painted that time.
now i see the colours you made it.
in order to protect the you who seemed ready to fall apart,
i spread my slightly anxious wings.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
i don't particularly like straight pairings.
but i respect them at least, like not telling people "ohemgee stright pairings are the worst!!"
okay that's just immature.
and i also don't mind them in fanfics. as long as they are side pairings of course.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:59 pm
I don't strongly support/fangirl over any straight pairings in the same way that I do yaoi parings, but I'm not totally against them either. There are some that I think could be really cute (like Sango and Miroku in Inuyasha), and others that just annoy me to bits (like Haruhi and Tamaki in Ouran). I guess I'm most annoyed by straight pairings when they get in the way of my slash pairings.  

x-Yoite-x

XxBlackRosesxX94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:56 pm
They don't bother too much, Only some of them.

Like for example
Yugioh -Tea/Anzu
Naurto - Saukra (Ino close 2nd)
South park - Wendy
Any FANGIRL

Thoughs girls piss me off. Only the non-bitchy, whiny, annoying girl are okay for non-yaoi pairings

(Like Hinata/Naurto - i don't support them its better then with sakura)

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff