Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Food Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:34 am
girl_no_13
whapcapn
Just had a very dodgy full English breakfast...

Green & Blacks are being bought up by Cadbury's!

*cries* But I do my best to eat FairTrade chocolate instead of Cadbury, I swear it actually tastes better, even half melted.
I love Green & Blacks. They better not change it.
If you want fairtrade all the Co-ops own brand chocolate is fairtrade. But you dont get the same sort of Co-op do you? So is Devine. But neither are organic as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:45 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:25 pm
Nestle are a brand that I try to avoid where possible, which is hard, owing to their owning of everything.
They are evil and kill african babies.
The way this works:

Nestle: ''here, african mothers, do not breastfeed, it is bad for your child, use our powdered milk instead''
|
V
no fresh water in Africa, thus powdered milk is not safe for the babies, who get diseases.
|
V
though the milk was free at first, the women then have to start paying, and therefore have no money.
|
V
end result= sick/dead babies, and moneyless mums, who will therefore be unable to buy food, and thus will starve.

What kind people.

I do not wear Nike either, as they use child slaves.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:41 pm
Indie_Chick
Nestle are a brand that I try to avoid where possible, which is hard, owing to their owning of everything.
The way this works:

Nestle: ''here, african mothers, do not breastfeed, it is bad for your child, use our powdered milk instead''
|
V
no fresh water in Africa, thus powdered milk is not safe for the babies, who get diseases.
|
V
though the milk was free at first, the women then have to start paying, and therefore have no money.
|
V
end result= sick/dead babies, and moneyless mums, who will therefore be unable to buy food, and thus will starve.

What kind people.

A lot of those mothers have aids and as such can't breast feed, but I agree that Nestle is exploiting a bad situation.  

Fourcolour

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:59 pm
Fourcolour
Indie_Chick
The way this works:

|
V
|
V
|
V

What kind people.

A lot of those mothers have aids and as such can't breast feed, but I agree that Nestle is exploiting a bad situation.

Yay- someone explained why Nestle is evil, so I dont have to. I think you can breast feed if you have aids, its not exactly safe, but it is the least common way to transfer it, less risk than giving birth.
As midwives say- breast is best (my mums a midwife, Im kind of prejudiced)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:09 pm
I've been feeling really guilt-ridden about things like the food I eat and how I dispose of waste recently. It's no joke the sheer tonnage of paper I have to throw out at work and as a result of college work, and I keep meaning to recycle. I also feel I should look more into where my cosmetics: shampoos and such, and where my food comes from and how fairly the people who made it were rewarded.

I don't really eat chocolate or drink coffee, though, so it's hard for me to switch to fair trade chocolate and coffee. I think I should just be more generally aware of whether the people who made the products I am buying were exploited so I could get them for less money.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Gaulia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:06 am
I've been bought up not to buy Nestle crap since I was a kid, and I think that even if I hadn't, I still wouldn't buy it. And like Foetus, I don't really eat chocolate, so there's nothing -to- switch to fair trade.

However, I have a very nice health food shop near me which is totally fair trade - I'd shop there over any other place for food. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:33 am
I should probably stop eating most things I eat, but then I'd starve and die, and IDONTWANTTHATNONONONO.  

davidcrossfan06

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:19 am
We have the old fairtrade teabags which are pretty good. Fairtrade coffee and chocolate too.

We are lucky to live in Wiltshire I guess, it's really easy to get local produce. Our lamb is from a field twenty paces from the house..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 pm
Branston Pickle.

Jeremy Clarkson claims that it is one of the very few truly classless British icons (along with the Mini) and I was wondering if you all agreed.

If not, what does Branston Pickle make you think of?

Yes, I love it. No, I won't share.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:45 am
Invictus_88

Centre plate:
Fried bread, two sausages, three rashers of bacon, baked beans, hash-browns (not quite what it sounds like), grilled tomato, grilled mushroom and black pudding.

Maybe not in your breakfast. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:25 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Saint Halloween

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:28 am
Roast Dinner.

Can't knock it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:59 am
x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.

I don't wear Nike because it's ghastly. Horrible. Dreadful. Horrifyingly awful.

[/noapologiestoanyoneevenifyoudowearthem]

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:19 am
Hm, when was the last time anyone saw a Lion bar?

I miss those.

sad

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas