Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Orks orks orks and more orks! [PROJECT! Picture heavy] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm also working on a snakebite warboss which I'm going to send away as a christmas gift to the UK, but I won't post any WIPs or finished result pictures untill he's done and have arrived to its owner. ;D
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:29 am

I think youz iz muckin about!

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:32 am

Here is an early WIP shot of my secret Warboss project, which have been much of a rush-project.

Even if the model is finished and already sent away to the UK I won't post the finished pictures just YET! I might add another WIP picture later tonight, otherwise I'll try to get something up by tomorrow or the day after that.

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:09 am

burning_eyes

Wow, nice! My only gripe is that the shoulder trophy looks a wee bit too big for the model, though I haven't seen the complete model yet.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:07 am

Well ork anatomy is pretty weird.

Here's some more piktars~

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

On this stage of the model I'm still working on his back, the belts/straps and his legs, he isn't that much different from the finished result (which I yet have to upload) but atleast something.

People tell me the legs looks weird, the placing of them that is, but I've compared to existing ork models and check alot of ork "anatomy" pictures through art and such, and I assure you it's nothing wrong with his legs. : D
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:42 am

That model is just awesome! He looks a wee bit odd but he's an ork so its okay.

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:15 am

To me all snakebites are odd. xd
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:04 am

Shinobi_8745

Their Orks. All of them are odd.

Dragonzealot

EsgarBlackpoxs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:12 am

Dragonzealot
Shinobi_8745

Their Orks. All of them are odd.

Yer just jealous of our beautiful skin

That boss looks quite good Shinobi, but I think his head may be a tad too high. Orks usually have it lower, and between their shoulder blades, instead of that more oomie-like pose you've got going (at least that's what it looks like in a few of the pics). Least, that's what I see. Still a good looking model.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:52 am

He's leaning a tad bit backwards, that's why it looks like that.

But I didn't bother fixing that on the base, when he leans that tad bit backwards he seems bigger and with more stature than the enemy, thus he looks a bit more fierce as well, that's what I was told when I was making the base and I think it works. wink

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:31 pm

I just started painting Badrukk today for a local painting contest, and I sort of finished his head and choppa, and I'm working on the body, taking the bosspole last. wink

If things go as planned he'll be finished tomorrow night, and I'll give you a small sneek peek on the head.

User Image

What he needs it a slight highlight in the facial areas, whichi probably will be scorpion green.

If I remember when I wake up I'll get pictures on the PIP body and the finished hand.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:48 pm

How do you do your Ork skin tones? Ive been meaning to ask that for I have a few boyz here I need to work on (late Xmas gifts for my boyz)

Dragonzealot

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 am

I start with a basecoat of Orkhide shade, then I make a 75/25 mix with orkhide/cnarloc green and work myself out from the springs in faces, muscles etc, then a 50/50 mix of the same working up more towards the edges, continuing with only cnarloc green, and finishing with a highlight of 50/50 mix of cnarloc green and bleached bone.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:10 am

I changed my mind on the skin-highlight (so far) and kept it as it was, and I'll be back with a pip picture of the body later (it's drying from all the amounts of ink I've used).

But here's the finished parts of the models, the head once again and the choppa.

User Image

User Image

And here's my 3 wonderful babes... I don't know what I'd do without them~<3

User Image

Shinobi_8745

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:46 am

Pretty much PIP as you can see.

User Image
User Image

And I played around a bit with him in paint to see sort of how far I've gotten... :'D

It makes me lol.

User Image
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas