Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:59 am
Rebuttals and answers.

Transformation
I can reword it to sound more explained but transformation was not meant to add to your stats. It is pretty much a carbon copy of summon except it uses AP and instead of bringing out another creature it replaces your character. When transformed you cannot use actions or spells and the transformation replaces your current stats. Is that better? It does not transform one of your pets, its transforms your main character.

Spell specialization
Can be purchased three times total.

Build up
It would take place after the damage is dealt. So they would get the bonus from one team up in the next one of that same turn (unless you guys thing that’s unbalanced, then we can make it so that you gain it all at the end of the turn based on all the team ups you where part of). And yes the bonus was meant to stack for the one combat and go away at the end of the combat.

My Friend
Three times total, and yes it can be used for different pets for every rank (so if you had bough this 3 times you could make your one pet invincible for three turns or all three of your pets invincible for one turn)

Potion +2
I don’t see how the cost is not good. A potion usually takes one equip if it’s not on your potion belt. If I made it cost 2 it would be just like putting 2 in equip that you could only use in potion. So you could just put 2 in equip and use it for anything. So it’s like putting one in equip but because you can only use the one point for potions you get the bonus. And it is still very good which is why you can only get it once.

Buff Support
It was meant as a kinda “spend points in my character that actually go to another character” but I can see your point. What if I made it so that it was a specific stat that you designated with the ability? Exp. I have
Buff Support: 2 Life and 2 attack
So every combat I can distribute 2 life and 2 attack to the other members of the party, or I could make the ability cost 2 CP per a point.

Divine Shield
I don’t like the ability of making you buy multiple ranks of this ability. Remember that since it does not count as a spell skilled caster will not help you and you only get 1 MP normally a turn. So two get two shield tokens in one turn (without having banked MP) you would have to have fast caster which is a cost of 6 CP. All the same I agree a little about balance and will take your suggestion in full if you don’t like this, how about just a limit of 3 shield tokens per a use of ability max? or make it take a action/spell use?

Reflect
I can also reword this one but it is meant to work where it can be any damage type but if you have multiple damage sources coming at you that round you can only reflect one of them. So if someone is attacking you twice and hitting you with an action that’s three different damage sources and you have to pick one of them to reflect.

Split Self
Take note that with split self Life is the only one stat that has to be split evenly. The others can be biased. So if you had 5 STR and 5 MAG and you split into two forms one of them could have all 5 of the STR and the other could have all 5 of the Magic.

Recruit
Yes the first rank would be useless unless we can think of some way of doing something about it. Maybe the DM could just make up a 3 CP monster that shows up.

Tamer +
Tamer +, second purchase; does that mean you can control 6 CP worth of pets total? Yes, and yes the control factor stacks with the regular tamer ability.
It’s basically the same idea as potion + but instead of one purchase getting you 2 CP worth of caring potions, 2 purchases gets you 3 ranks of tamer for the same effect in the end (basically a +1 worth of CP in that particular area)

DM of Death: I like your abilities and will approve and add the revised versions of Master Caster and Essence Burden. I like Elitist Flare but the elites are based off team attack and I don’t see how this ability really suits the organization. Maybe it could be better used elsewhere.

As far as ghost and familiar go: I was not original going to have them both be able to be attacked and destroyed but maybe they should be. If they can maybe something simple like, they have 5 HP. Or the ghost could have 5 HP per a point of magic of the caster and the familiar could have 5 HP per a point of magic used to summon it? What you think?

I don’t think it’s a bad idea to combine. We could make different branches. Joining the organization gets you access to all branches abilities but what you make and your item depends on the branch. So you could have the organization, branch and sect you are part of. Maybe look something like this.

Organization (branch), sect

Fargore
Stats
Supporters (Church of the Divine Mother), garden children  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:17 am
FARGORE

Transformation
I can reword it to sound more explained but transformation was not meant to add to your stats. It is pretty much a carbon copy of summon except it uses AP and instead of bringing out another creature it replaces your character. When transformed you cannot use actions or spells and the transformation replaces your current stats. Is that better? It does not transform one of your pets, its transforms your main character.

Whoa... ok that makes way more sense! hmmm..... thats alot ore interesting then...
FARGORE

Buff Support
It was meant as a kinda “spend points in my character that actually go to another character” but I can see your point. What if I made it so that it was a specific stat that you designated with the ability? Exp. I have
So every combat I can distribute 2 life and 2 attack to the other members of the party, or I could make the ability cost 2 CP per a point.

I really like the ramifications of this! Chose what you can buff! I'll make really good friends with the "Magic buff" guy smile
FARGORE

As far as ghost and familiar go: I was not original going to have them both be able to be attacked and destroyed but maybe they should be. If they can maybe something simple like, they have 5 HP. Or the ghost could have 5 HP per a point of magic of the caster and the familiar could have 5 HP per a point of magic used to summon it? What you think?

Since the ghost and Familar last untill the end of combat, it might not be nessessary to give them life, but say if the summoner dies, they should go poof too. Also, you should still be able to stun them as to stop there spells.
FARGORE

I don’t think it’s a bad idea to combine. We could make different branches. Joining the organization gets you access to all branches abilities but what you make and your item depends on the branch. So you could have the organization, branch and sect you are part of. Maybe look something like this.

Fargore
Stats

I wont disagree that combining orgs are usefull... Like I said before, just untill we have more people join the orgs, have the 2 orgs "Team up" to do org missions. Then they can spend the CP on there own org skills.

It would just be a little unfair to have a few orgs that have like twice as many extra abilities to choose from.  

-A M P-

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 pm
Here are some ideas of organizations to combine:

The Crypt and The Children of the Demon and Dark Order of Ecydia ((The reason I decided to combine these three is because all of their purposes are against regular healers and are only concerned about themself.))
Fluffy Friends Paradise! and The Beast Masters
Lancers and The Council
Church of the Divine Mother and The Angelic Choir
Fimbult Wolf-clan and The Elites

These are only ideas for combining guilds, since their purposes are connected in some ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 pm
Just a word - I don't think the Fimbult and the Elites should be combined, simply because the Fimbult are werewolves, which adds a dimension that clearly delineates them from the Elites.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:56 pm
Ok. The only reason that I was thinking about combining them is because both are based on team damage, to a point. But they are different in their own ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:58 pm
think we should leave all the guilds seperate. Thats the easiest to deal with, and involves the least amount of work on everyones part.  

DM of Death

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:52 pm
I'm not against combining some organization, neither am I supporting it. I am only throwing some ideas out that we could use if we decided to combine some.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:06 pm
FARGORE

Transformation
Okay, that clears things up for me.
FARGORE

Potion +2
I don’t see how the cost is not good. A potion usually takes one equip if it’s not on your potion belt. If I made it cost 2 it would be just like putting 2 in equip that you could only use in potion. So you could just put 2 in equip and use it for anything. So it’s like putting one in equip but because you can only use the one point for potions you get the bonus. And it is still very good which is why you can only get it once.
Yep, your right. Sorry, it must have been the crack.
FARGORE

Buff Support
I think I prefer to increased CP cost; the original free form seems to make the ability worthwhile.
FARGORE

Divine Shield
I don’t like the ability of making you buy multiple ranks of this ability. Remember that since it does not count as a spell skilled caster will not help you and you only get 1 MP normally a turn. So two get two shield tokens in one turn (without having banked MP) you would have to have fast caster which is a cost of 6 CP. All the same I agree a little about balance and will take your suggestion in full if you don’t like this, how about just a limit of 3 shield tokens per a use of ability max? or make it take a action/spell use?
I think what isn't selling me is that it blocks ALL damage for only 1 MP, regardless of the MP earn rate. 2CP just seems low, especially if you can use multiple shields with it's initial purchase.
FARGORE

Reflect
I can also reword this one but it is meant to work where it can be any damage type but if you have multiple damage sources coming at you that round you can only reflect one of them. So if someone is attacking you twice and hitting you with an action that’s three different damage sources and you have to pick one of them to reflect.
Rewording should be fine.
FARGORE

Split Self
Take note that with split self Life is the only one stat that has to be split evenly. The others can be biased. So if you had 5 STR and 5 MAG and you split into two forms one of them could have all 5 of the STR and the other could have all 5 of the Magic.
Okay, that clears things up.
FARGORE

Recruit
Yes the first rank would be useless unless we can think of some way of doing something about it. Maybe the DM could just make up a 3 CP monster that shows up.
Fair enough.
FARGORE

Tamer +
Tamer +, second purchase; does that mean you can control 6 CP worth of pets total? Yes, and yes the control factor stacks with the regular tamer ability.
It’s basically the same idea as potion + but instead of one purchase getting you 2 CP worth of caring potions, 2 purchases gets you 3 ranks of tamer for the same effect in the end (basically a +1 worth of CP in that particular area)
Cool, I want it!
FARGORE

I like AMP's suggestion that if the caster dies, so does it.
FARGORE

Fargore
Stats
Maybe not so much combine as relate. Some Skills should remain the ultimate province of the Parent Organization, while others could be shared. That way the ultimate purpose behind the Organization is still supported by it's Main Skills. For example;

Church of the Divine Mother: Holds the key of faith. Buff and Support based.
Item: Spell Heal
Make: potions

~Main Skills~
Buff Support: CP1, at the beginning of combat increase any stat (excluding life and equip) for any one other character by the number of points you have in this ability till end of combat.
Healing aura: 1CP, all health gains (Besides temporary hit points) are increased by 1 point of Hp, for every point in this ability. You can place up to five points in this ability.
Divine shield: CP 2, for every one MP you use place a divine shield charge on any one other character. The charge will completely stop all damage dealt to the character from the next source of damage.

~Shared Skills~
Transfer Life: CP2, every round you can transfer any amount of life you wish to any number of players. The life you transfer must still be available at the end of the round (you cannot transfer life you would have lost during that round of combat) and you cannot reduce your own life to less than 1.
Touch of Faith: CP2, once per round, you may remove any negative status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.

The Angelic Choir: Holds the Key to Heaven. Martyr based.

Item: *Blessed* Angel's Mark [E0]: Angelic Regeneration; For every 5 points of damage you heal each turn, you regenerate 1 HP. (Regeneration limited by targets Max HP)

Make: Blessed Items

~Skills~
Angel's Touch (1CP): Add 1 point to any healing-based item, ability or spell per point in this skill. (Max 5)

Improved Angelic Regeneration(2CP): gain 1 additional HP from Angelic Regeneration, for every point in this skill. (2CP initial cost, factored by 2 for each additional level to a Maximum of 4) [i.e. 2CP, 4CP, 8CP, 16CP]

Angelic Sacrifice (3CP):You may sacrifice your own life to prevent all damage to the members of your party for the duration of the round.

~Shared Skills~
Transfer Life: CP2, every round you can transfer any amount of life you wish to any number of players. The life you transfer must still be available at the end of the round (you cannot transfer life you would have lost during that round of combat) and you cannot reduce your own life to less than 1.
Touch of Faith: CP2, once per round, you may remove any negative status affect from a member of your party. This effect takes place at the end of the round.

Wedry

Menvra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:51 pm
hmm I would like bring something up I have been noticing as I peruse the threads. People who buy potions and the such are bringing them into their dungeon as well as multiple events. They then use these potions in events and still have them in the dungeon even though they had used them elsewhere. I've seen people also use the same potion twice while using it in two different quests. The same goes for spirit bracers. I tracked a character who entered a dungeon with 8/10 charges and preceded to use 3 of them. He also then entered a mini game with his bracer still at 8/10 chrarges ad use another two.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:37 pm
Well to combat that... I have no idea! um...

hmmm...

How about anything that has a charge, When you post your stats post "X/10"

The number can always be looked at from the Roster, and it should be changed anytime it is used right away for accurate counting.

Does that sound good?  

-A M P-

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:19 pm
He is my idea to stop the confusion. Stuff with charges/potions/consumables can only be entered into one event, whether it is a minigame, dungeon, etc. I only have my potion entered into the dungeon, I don't have it equipped in Firu's minigame, and I didn't have it equipped in the fight against the dragon or the fight in the town square.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:23 pm
Well that sounds good for one time use things, but for stuff that has charges like the mistbeast token it doesn't really work.

Every time i dies it loses a charge and is no longer eligable for the rest of the dungeon or event... So I can only use that in one thing, even though it is like wasting time? I mean, even if it died once in a dungeon, I could use charge coins inbetween... Just doesn't seem to work to well for stuff like that.  

-A M P-

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:06 pm
Menvra
hmm I would like bring something up I have been noticing as I peruse the threads. People who buy potions and the such are bringing them into their dungeon as well as multiple events. They then use these potions in events and still have them in the dungeon even though they had used them elsewhere. I've seen people also use the same potion twice while using it in two different quests. The same goes for spirit bracers. I tracked a character who entered a dungeon with 8/10 charges and preceded to use 3 of them. He also then entered a mini game with his bracer still at 8/10 chrarges ad use another two.
Are you also keeping track of the activity within the Magic Fountain? You seem to be missing some rather pertinent timing issues... If during the course of your adventure within the Magic Fountain Cave you come across the actual fountain, all charge items are then fully charged. As such, within the actual Dungeons it has become the procedure of tracking total number of charges used within the Dungeon, which will be subtracted to the current total once the Dungeon is completed. As such, during those instances where it seemed as if the charges were not being removed, there was alternate activity happening within the Fountain to counteract those effects. That's what I know about the charge issue. As to the potions, when and where?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:35 pm
Yes I have been keeping track of that, I don't wish to be pointing fingers so I'm not going to name the people I have observed doing this. I think the main way to counter act this problem is just for the dms to keep a closer watch on the consumable and be sure to subtract charges and potions as soon as they are used and to make sure that the players mark that those items are gone in there other mini games etc. I know right now I have to notify that Daustua no longer has the potion of strength she brought in her dungeon.  

Menvra

DM of Death

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:52 pm
Yes, I've been trying to counteract this problem by presenting a format that i think will work for the time being.

I'm just saying this is what you lost, heres like a recipt that shows the before and after of your inventory.

See the V Man thread in PVP to see what I mean.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff