Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Basics Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:27 am
PrayThatThisEnds
ShadowCatSoul
Uh, I kinda have to watch what websites I go to on this computer, my computer attracts viruses like ants to honey. Also, I'm on slow dial up so I can't watch videos.

From the website:

Take a steel dagger in the right hand (or use the index finger). Face EAST.

Perform the Cabbalistic Cross as follows:
Imagine, at the first word intoned, a brilliant white light descend from above.

Touch the forehead and vibrate ATEH (thou art)
Imagine that same brilliant white light form a 6 inch diameter sphere just above the crown of your head.

Touch the middle of the solar plexus and vibrate MALKUTH (Kingdom)
Imagine a shaft of light descending from the Crown Sphere and descend to the feet where another 6 inch sphere expands just under your feet.

Touch the right shoulder and vibrate VE-GEVURAH (and Power)
Imagine a 6 inch sphere of brilliant white light appear just next to the right shoulder.

Touch the left shoulder and vibrate VE-GEDULAH (and Glory)
Imagine a shaft of light emerge from the right Sphere and cross your breast to expand and form another Sphere at your left shoulder.

Clasp the hands before you and vibrate LE-OLAHM (for ever)
At this point imagine clearly the cross of light as it extends through your body.

Hands as before, with the dagger between fingers, point up, vibrate AMEN

Note: Any image or figure traced in the air with the finger, dagger or other magical instrument, is to be imagined in brilliant scintillating white Light. In more advanced working, other colors may be used. Make sure that all images drawn are correct, as brilliant as possible, and complete. The beginning and end of a drawn Pentagram must come completely together.

Draw, in the air facing EAST, a banishing Earth Pentagram as shown in the diagram, and bringing the point of the dagger to the center of the Pentagram, vibrate the Name Y H V H (pronounced YAHD HEY VAU HEY)

Imagine that your voice carries forward to the LIMITS of the UNIVERSE.

Without moving the dagger in any other direction, trace a semicircle before you as you turn toward the SOUTH. Again trace the Pentagram, bring the dagger to the center of it, and vibrate the Name ADNI, (pronounced AH-DOH-NEYE)

Again, trace the semicircle with the dagger to the WEST, trace the Penta- gram, bringing the dagger to the center, and vibrate the Name AHIH, (pronounced EH-YEH)

Then, turn towards the NORTH, while tracing the circle, trace the Pentagram, bring the point of the dagger to the center and vibrate the Name AGLA, (pronounced either AH-GAH-LAH or ATAH GIBOR LE-OLAHM ADONAI)

Return to the EAST, completing tracing the circle of brilliant white Light, bringing the dagger point to the center of the EAST Pentagram.

Extend the arms in the form of a cross, say: BEFORE ME (then vibrate) RAPHAEL (pronounced RAH-PHYE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel in front of you and facing you. In his/her right hand is a magical Sword held with the point upright. The background is a pale, pure, bright yellow. Cherubs can be imagined near the Archangel. Imagine a gentle, refreshing breeze, cleansing and purifying the air.

Then, say: BEHIND ME (then vibrate) GABRIEL (pronounced GAH-BREE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel behind you and facing you, holding in their right hand an exquisite silver Chalice. He/she is standing on a Cerulean-blue ocean and dolphins or mermaids are nearby. Imagine feeling the mist and cool spray of the ocean breeze.

Then, say: AT MY RIGHT HAND (then vibrate) MICHAEL (pronounced MEE-CHYE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel at your right, facing you, and holding in their right hand a transparent scarlet red Wand with a scintillate pure diamond top. Waves of scarlet, red-orange and orange fire in the background. Also, SEKHMET, with a scarlet disk above her head, emerald green Uraeus, scarlet dress from just below breasts, tight-fitting, down to her ankles, is in the flames. She holds, in her left hand, a scarlet-red lotus wand. In her right hand, she holds an emerald-green ankh. Small black salamanders can be seen moving among the flames. Imagine you feel the heat and power emanating from the SOUTH.

Then, say: AT MY LEFT HAND (then vibrate) AURIEL (pronounced AWE-REE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel at your left, facing you, and holding between their hands a Disk with a scintillating white Pentagram in the center. The ground is russet-brown, the leaves of the trees are olive-green, there are black shadows from the trees in a number of places, and the light is citrine (light yellow-green.) Feel the solidity of the Earth, and imagine the odor of the leaves and muskiness of the ground.

Now, say: ABOUT ME FLAMES THE PENTAGRAMS, AND IN THE COLUMN SHINES THE SIX-RAYED STAR.
Imagine the complete circle of brilliant white light at whose quadrants are the 4 Pentagrams. At the center is the Cabbalistic Cross of Light extended through one's body.

Repeat the Cabbalistic cross, and, according to some occultists, stamp your right foot at the conclusion of the complete operation. The Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is performed preliminary to any magical operation and precedes the Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram.

Note: The subject of the vibration of Names of Power is discussed at length in other sources. The Names should be pronounced inwardly in the breath, vibrating it as much as possible and feeling that the whole body throbs with the sound and sends out a wave of vibration directed to the ends of the Earth, according to Regardie.

EDIT: Earth banishing : starting from the bottom elft side to the uppermost tip. Making a inverse V - that is, a ^.

Pretty much, if using your own body a s point of refernce:

from the elft hip, to the forehead, to the right hip,across tot he elft shoulder, over to the right shoulder, and back down to the left hip - of course this traced in the air before you. The QC is done as visulaized inside you.

Um...sorry, I didn't want a ritual...I just wanted to know what LBRP was/meant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 am
ShadowCatSoul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Banishing_Ritual_of_the_Pentagram  

error-dot-tar

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:13 am
error-dot-tar
ShadowCatSoul

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Banishing_Ritual_of_the_Pentagram

Ah, thank you very much. Sorry for the slight misunderstanding. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:14 am
error-dot-tar
PrayThatThisEnds
niamhybeag
Pardon my curiosity, but why are you comfortable with looking like an a*****e? That makes no sense.

People tried to explain why the LBRP wasn't appropriate for them, and you not only refused to listen to their explanations, you continued to tell them that it was adaptable to just about every tradition and belief system, over and over again. Is it surprising then, that patience was lost?

Because i accept that i have a shadow side and a light side. Nothing wrong with admitting i can be an a*****e... But I have a lighter side.

And nothing surprising at all.

You can stop with the theatrics at any time, you know.

Clearly what we need to do is perform the LBRP on his Shadow self. This will vanquish it and bring about restoration to his tormented Light self. Only then will the world be in balance. Come, let us all channel the one true source using TerAngreal and SaAngreal to cleanse the taint  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

PrayThatThisEnds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:26 pm
Recursive Paradox
You know, I never realized that a "shadow side" actually meant "being a dramatic moron".

I guess my ex partner had one hell of a shadow side. >.>

Hey, that might be part of it, who knows. Or some fo the underlying themes. But anyways, I do enjoy the attention.

Thank you.

On another note, i've pretty much learned the above 1-d list from above.

Am I stilla sserting you all do the LBRP?

Uh... No. So why's this still going on...?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:29 pm
CuAnnan
error-dot-tar
PrayThatThisEnds
niamhybeag
Pardon my curiosity, but why are you comfortable with looking like an a*****e? That makes no sense.

People tried to explain why the LBRP wasn't appropriate for them, and you not only refused to listen to their explanations, you continued to tell them that it was adaptable to just about every tradition and belief system, over and over again. Is it surprising then, that patience was lost?

Because i accept that i have a shadow side and a light side. Nothing wrong with admitting i can be an a*****e... But I have a lighter side.

You can stop with the theatrics at any time, you know.

Clearly what we need to do is perform the LBRP on his Shadow self. This will vanquish it and bring about restoration to his tormented Light self. Only then will the world be in balance. Come, let us all channel the one true source using TerAngreal and SaAngreal to cleanse the taint

Very, very funny.

No, i'm serious. You seem to forget the part where banishing is about balance, not removal of anything per se.

But hey, i guess either you're doing what I was doing [willfully ignorant] or you really didn't even bother to listen/read before getting upset.

Both are okay.  

PrayThatThisEnds

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm
Ah... How did I not post in this already.
I always post in threads like this...
Recent bit of lively discussion aside (out of courtesy to persons with... alternate understandings, I refuse to discuss my views on anything post-Crowley, or any of the... interesting and unique... observations made by any Victorian era hellfire clubs.)...
I strongly suggest people not practice magic.
Set it in the corner, avoid it like the plague and deal with patterns of energy and matter that are easier to control.
This is for your own safety. This is also for the safety of everyone and everything around you. Unless you know exactly how and why what you are doing is going to work, kindly don't tamper with it.
If you must persist in this direction, find a mentor. Someone who is in your immediate area, so they can immediately fix your inevitable mishaps. Someone with the experience and understanding to fix those mishaps. Most importantly, someone who understands the gravity of what is being done. I would hope they would have knowledge of this world rivaling a doctor of physics and at least one other science, preferentially biology or geology.
Then, learn from their mistakes, and the mistakes they have encountered in the past, so as not to repeat them.
Most importantly, realize that everything you do has ramifications. The less you understand what you are doing, the less you will understand the ramifications of it. Much like we had no idea about radiation poisoning until well after preventing the damage became impossible.
Edit: Larger groups of amateurs are not an acceptable substitution for an experienced scholar. While you can learn from each other's mistakes, the chances of all of you together causing massive damage increases wildly. A bit of wisdom about working together.
If you are within arm's reach of me, this is not a request.
This is a demand.
I am no longer as patient as I once was with cleaning up after other people willy-nilly defiled the geomancy of my area, released... entities, and otherwise adversely affecting matters far beyound them because they wanted the quick and easy route.
If I have to put down some creature you release, accidental or intentional, I will hold you accountable.
If I have to mend the delicate web of Vis in a region because you grounded out too hard, I will hold you accountable.
If you play at being a magus and it comes and bites you in the a**, pray that it ends at you. Because if your effects get out of control, or you control them and damage anything I care about, I will hold you accountable.
Rules of hospitality may apply, see local laws for reaction expectations. Licensing procedures may be available in your area, always check with bureaus in new regions before practicing. Conjuring of entities of an extra-reality origin is considered an act of war upon all of this creation and will invalidate diplomatic immunities.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:41 pm
PrayThatThisEnds

Hey, that might be part of it, who knows. Or some fo the underlying themes. But anyways, I do enjoy the attention.

In all seriousness, dramatic theatrics, temper tantrums and the willful ignorance that stems from those things often arise from someone who has a strong attention need. Often one that is so strong as to make one stop differentiating between positive and negative attention, but accepting all as good and enjoyable.

This need tends to arise from some sort of severe attention starvation, either through one's family, peers or loved ones. Even after the attention starvation and neglect has passed, the effects can still be felt long after. I have to make good efforts to resist the urge to get people's attention in unhealthy and obnoxious ways because I certainly have the neglect filled past that would create these issues (among others).

So if this is the cause of your behavior, it is not impossible to overcome that need. For instance, there are ways to accumulate positive attention just as quickly as negative attention, filling the need and urge for attention without resorting to obnoxious or irritating actions like trolling and dramatic theatrics.

There are also self training methods you can use to constrict your own behaviors and ways to get yourself accustomed to getting smaller dosages of attention, while handling your need through force of will. For someone like you with an interest/involvement in Thelema, I can almost guarantee there will be methods that you would find useful in using your Will to fight the internal demons.

I hope (if attention starvation is the source of your unacceptable behavior) that you can put those methods to good use. Don't hesitate to ask for advice either. You will not be mishandled if you ask for it respectfully. I will not judge one based on their problems, just on how they handle them.  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:21 pm
@Fiddler: I don't really know if this is adequate as reassurance for you...

...but I often tend to ether channel as a means of self comprehension and energy exploration. Not really doing much with it just gaining a greater understanding for how the energies of certain Aspects work and how my own energy works by watching and experiencing it.

The few times that I have exerted force through those energies have always been constricted by what I call the Light Touch Rule ever since some really stupid actions in the past that taught me some nasty lessons about life and energy work.

The Light Touch Rule.
"Touch Very Little, Very Lightly, Very Rarely."

The idea is to make the nudge on reality so tiny as to make the consequences of the action almost negligible or at the least very easily resolved/handled if the action was the wrong call.

This has been learned from past mistakes of mine and others with rather awful consequences for me and others. So I get that ******** with things like this can blow up in one's face and the faces of a lot of innocent bystanders. And I fully expect myself to be held accountable on principle if I do something awful, as I was held in the past by myself and a few others during one particularly blindingly stupid mistake of judgement before I put these rules and limitations upon myself.

Like I said, I dunno if that's enough reassurance or even any reassurance at all, but I do my very best to use this sort of thing responsibly, rarely and lightly at all times.

Actually I tend to apply the Light Touch Rule socially too, as my knowledge of how people's minds work and how social situations operate sometimes gives me a sort of dangerous advantage that can be used very irresponsibly and damagingly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 pm
patch99329
Which one was the last excercise, the shielding?
I do that most nights, and only upon re-reading this thread have I realised where I got it from.
The full shield is 3 layers of shield, with 3 parts to each.

I've been playing with multilayers and power sinks, recently... mostly for fun. I'm considering adding in a musical/chanted aspect; there's a way in which I experience energy as not-feeling, not-sight, and not-sound, and I'd like to see what I can do with that.

On the topic of individuals who wish to be on topic, I would recommend that go to PMs or disperse entirely.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm
PrayThatThisEnds

You seem to forget the part where banishing is about balance, not removal of anything per se.

But hey, i guess either you're doing what I was doing [willfully ignorant] or you really didn't even bother to listen/read before getting upset.
I wanted to comment on this point.

Not all traditions give a ******** about what people call "balance". Many folks aren't that dualistic.

Calling someone willfully ignorant while asserting something as a universal truth without anything beside your personal opinion for justification is very foolish.

Fiddlers Green
I strongly suggest people not practice magic.
Set it in the corner, avoid it like the plague and deal with patterns of energy and matter that are easier to control.

Well said.

Deoridhe

On the topic of individuals who wish to be on topic, I would recommend that go to PMs or disperse entirely.
Yes. This.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:23 pm
Recursive Paradox
@Fiddler: I don't really know if this is adequate as reassurance for you... ~snip~

No worries.
You aren't in my area that I have detected, so it's little concern to me.
You have either been isolated or non-harmful enough that what you do hasn't come to the attention of any of my remote colleagues.
In other words, you are being careful and conscientious, which is the heart of what we really want.
I know I sound all gloom doom and unreasoning hate...
Part of that is because I am a gloomy, pessimistic, spiteful old caricature in this regard.

Now, having given my opening salvo, and knowing that the fair majority will likely disregard or ignore it out of hand...
If you (second person hypothetical, not aimed at anyone in specific here) insist upon continuing this field of study, really, seriously and with all earnest candor, find a mentor. Not a peer. Not a buddy. Not a think tank. especially not a social contact. I realize that propper scholars are in short supply. There are a thousand charlatans for every honest practitioner out there... at least.
Failing that, and I know that there are simply cases where there is either no local practitioner, or they are explicitly not taking students... which is more likely than not., be cautious. Do research, especially of the physical world and process of life that you may interrupt. Know the system into which you are interjecting. Keep in mind, even purely internal actions effect the greater organism, as you are a part of the world. Just like a coal slurry can eventually lead to nasty byproducts in a region of the world hundreds of leagues removed. Get a solid grasp on the (largely regarded as dry and boring) sciences that are commonly perceived. It will help alert you to how energy and matter react and how they can affect life processes. It isn't perfect, but it is a start. Once you understand the commonly known ways these dances interplay, then you will be better equipped to deal with how what you are doing will effect them.
I'm going to quote Alton Brown here, and yes, Magic is a lot like cooking, I am more than happy to discuss that at length elsewhere, PM me or drag me to another thread.
Alton Brown
...until I deal with why, I don't really know the how...
That's from I'm Just Here for the Food. Good book, it examines alot of the actual processes of cooking and places it in easy to understand terms. It also delves into a philosophy of understanding what it is you are actually doing to the food as you cook it.

So yes, I think that what I would suggest as the basics of magical study are study of the physical world, and how matter and energy interact with living organisms.
If you want to learn magic, first learn to cook, really learn, not just ape someone else, but see what is done, how it is done, and most importantly, why it turns out the way it does. This will prepare you for the equal parts science and artistry which you are going to be entering into.

Now, this doesn't change my strongest suggestion that everyone, if possible, find something a little less dangerous to play with. wink
Thanks for the support, Tea. surprised  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:08 pm
Welcome.
Would you be willing to quantify what you consider magic for the sake of discussion?

Some people would consider meditation magical- and since there isn't a universal authority, it may help others to see where you're coming from if they understand your definitions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:33 pm
TeaDidikai
Welcome.
Would you be willing to quantify what you consider magic for the sake of discussion?

Some people would consider meditation magical- and since there isn't a universal authority, it may help others to see where you're coming from if they understand your definitions.

Any phenomenon or methodology beyond the kenning of the current popular sciences.
It is sorta a catch all, like pagan, it says what it isn't, rather than what it is.
Meditation is something that skirts the line.
Part of it is conventionally explained, parts aren't.
Depends what you are doing with your meditations.
Regulating body processes? Mundane as can be.
Lifting pyramids thru telekinetic phenomenon? More on the magical side. wink
We have quite an interesting perspective on the processes of the human body and mind in conventional sciences. Far from complete, but enough to give leads.
That's a very basic and trimmed down explanation. However, it suffices for my purposes. ninja
I should also clarify the difference between study and practice.
I'm a huge fan of study.
People should educate themselves to their hearts content (and for some willfully ignorant gits, a bit beyound that). I'm only reactionary about application of that study. Mind you, there is some knowledge that can change a person, blurring the line between study and practice, but there are often roadsigns in big bold letters that scream their warning for miles around that road.  

Fiddlers Green

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:17 pm
Fiddlers Green
Mind you, there is some knowledge that can change a person, blurring the line between study and practice, but there are often roadsigns in big bold letters that scream their warning for miles around that road.

And sometimes people are far too oblivious or stupid to notice those big bold letters, which become oh so very more big, bold and obvious after the consequences wrap themselves around your neck and drill into your eye socket... or other unpleasant metaphors.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff