Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:52 pm
Halfling Heroine

I didn't watch many episodes of the original Full-Metal anime, but it was very weak compared to the manga which is a master piece in my opinion, so I see why they decided to make brotherhood. And I are they animating the extra comedy strips too? Because they're gold.

I'll give your recommendations a look! The only one I've watched already is Sakura Card Captors, and I did looong long ago when it aired on cartoon network here in Brazil. The dub was good though, it was the golden age on anime here in Brazil at the time, lol, now channels only air Bakugan and Mutant Rex...very sad.

I watched the dub as a kid and enjoyed it, but when I watched the Japanese version on the internet when I was older I noticed they'd censored lots of stuff out of the English dub. That said, Cardcaptor Sakura is my favorite anime of all time. heart There never seems to be any good anime on tv anymore.(Or at least not on any of the Irish channels.) You kind of have to look online to find the interesting shows now. The 90's were a golden age for anime. Their visuals aren't as polished as the newer shows but their plots were amazing.

You're right about the original Fullmetal anime-it isn't a patch on the manga. I never read manga normally but I was so disappointed with the ending of the first anime that I went and read the manga.(This was before I heard Brotherhood was being released.) I agree with you, it's a masterpiece, no doubt about it. I haven't finished Brotherhood yet, but I think they did animate some of the comic strips.
Hmmm...maybe I just didn't noticed the missing stuff when I was a kid, I certainly missed Tomoyo being so in love with Sakura (and being very creepy at it), lol. I really loved the show too, not so much as InuYasha (I was SO into InuYasha) and Rurouni Kenshin (how is that remake going anyway?), but it was one of my favotires.
While I can't really say that there was a decline of anime quality in Japan, in the west things are ridiculous right now. I try to believe it is just my nostalgia goggles and that TV for kids nowadays isn't that bad, but damn so much crap getting aired and no chance for anime?

I'm the opposite, I almost ways prefer to read the manga first and never glance at the adaptations. I just like the flow better, idk, and usually the genres I like don't get animated. In school me and my friends used to collect manga, each of us had their certain series and we borrowed the volumes to everyone to read. One if them as a die-hard full-metal fan so I read it all through her.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:58 pm
BiaA
Halfling Heroine

I didn't watch many episodes of the original Full-Metal anime, but it was very weak compared to the manga which is a master piece in my opinion, so I see why they decided to make brotherhood. And I are they animating the extra comedy strips too? Because they're gold.

I'll give your recommendations a look! The only one I've watched already is Sakura Card Captors, and I did looong long ago when it aired on cartoon network here in Brazil. The dub was good though, it was the golden age on anime here in Brazil at the time, lol, now channels only air Bakugan and Mutant Rex...very sad.

I watched the dub as a kid and enjoyed it, but when I watched the Japanese version on the internet when I was older I noticed they'd censored lots of stuff out of the English dub. That said, Cardcaptor Sakura is my favorite anime of all time. heart There never seems to be any good anime on tv anymore.(Or at least not on any of the Irish channels.) You kind of have to look online to find the interesting shows now. The 90's were a golden age for anime. Their visuals aren't as polished as the newer shows but their plots were amazing.

You're right about the original Fullmetal anime-it isn't a patch on the manga. I never read manga normally but I was so disappointed with the ending of the first anime that I went and read the manga.(This was before I heard Brotherhood was being released.) I agree with you, it's a masterpiece, no doubt about it. I haven't finished Brotherhood yet, but I think they did animate some of the comic strips.

Hmmm...maybe I just didn't noticed the missing stuff when I was a kid, I certainly missed Tomoyo being so in love with Sakura (and being very creepy at it), lol. I really loved the show too, not so much as InuYasha (I was SO into InuYasha) and Rurouni Kenshin (how is that remake going anyway?), but it was one of my favotires.
While I can't really say that there was a decline of anime quality in Japan, in the west things are ridiculous right now. I try to believe it is just my nostalgia goggles and that TV for kids nowadays isn't that bad, but damn so much crap getting aired and no chance for anime?

I'm the opposite, I almost ways prefer to read the manga first and never glance at the adaptations. I just like the flow better, idk, and usually the genres I like don't get animated. In school me and my friends used to collect manga, each of us had their certain series and we borrowed the volumes to everyone to read. One if them as a die-hard full-metal fan so I read it all through her.

Unfortunately you can't buy anime dvds or manga in shops in Ireland. Therefore I pretty much have to find all the series I like online. I can see how you'd enjoy manga more then anime if you were able to actually get your hands on the books and share them with your friends. I'm thinking I might start reading more manga because I hate when a manga is a adapted to an anime, and they change the plot completely. When I watched the original Fullmetal anime I didn't know the plot was different from the manga. It was only when my brother was reading the manga and we were discussing it that I realized they had different story lines. gonk  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:23 pm
Halfling Heroine

Unfortunately you can't buy anime dvds or manga in shops in Ireland. Therefore I pretty much have to find all the series I like online. I can see how you'd enjoy manga more then anime if you were able to actually get your hands on the books and share them with your friends. I'm thinking I might start reading more manga because I hate when a manga is a adapted to an anime, and they change the plot completely. When I watched the original Fullmetal anime I didn't know the plot was different from the manga. It was only when my brother was reading the manga and we were discussing it that I realized they had different story lines. gonk

Aw, that sucks! Sometimes it's impossible to not get into piracy. People love to complain about how people are horrible leeches and stuff, but the availability and price of some stuff is just ridiculous.
I don't mind reading online, but having the book in your hands is just so much nicer and easier to enjoy. And everything gets better if you friends are also watching and commenting with you, I even got into some really crappy series because them (like fruits basket, blerrrgh).

Changes in the anime plot are really sucky cause they usually are done just because of time restrains, so it's not like "hey let's do something to make the series more interesting" it is just "let's throw this crappy thing here cause we only have xx number of episodes and the manga haven't ended". Anyway, I think it's very good to get into manga more cause there's plenty great of stuff that might never get an adaptation and there's so much genres and styles to explore.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 pm
BiaA
Halfling Heroine

Aw, that sucks! Sometimes it's impossible to not get into piracy. People love to complain about how people are horrible leeches and stuff, but the availability and price of some stuff is just ridiculous.
I don't mind reading online, but having the book in your hands is just so much nicer and easier to enjoy. And everything gets better if you friends are also watching and commenting with you, I even got into some really crappy series because them (like fruits basket, blerrrgh).

Changes in the anime plot are really sucky cause they usually are done just because of time restrains, so it's not like "hey let's do something to make the series more interesting" it is just "let's throw this crappy thing here cause we only have xx number of episodes and the manga haven't ended". Anyway, I think it's very good to get into manga more cause there's plenty great of stuff that might never get an adaptation and there's so much genres and styles to explore.

If there was a straight forward way to watch them legally, I would. The problem is, if I didn't stream them online I'd never get to watch any anime. sweatdrop Part of the reason I haven't read much manga is because I find it a bit weird reading it on a computer screen-I prefer having a book in my hands. That said, I'm really sick of the scenario you described above with manga to anime adaptions. Nine times out of ten they totally butcher the plot. I'm also running out of good animes to watch so it'd be a nice to have a broader selection of genres to choose from.  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:03 pm
I'm happy with my paycheck. I got about $10 more from it than last paycheck. Now to cash it in sometime.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:27 pm
I Found A Sexy 1
Tezca Frost
Yeah I have my orc looking like a samurai with the same weapon type going around cutting things. Though i'm not much of an archer.

Yes the dawnguard got far cooler items from what i've seen and armored trolls which is just awesome. You can get that head vampires items in the room where you go before entering oblivion. Also snow elf armor which is rather cool.

Did you get live just to play the game?

Archery + Sneak level 100 is the best because I don't have to ever engage in combat. xd

I really want to buy one of the trolls I haven't tried them out yet. XD They also kinda look cute in a stupid way.

That's good to know! I'm not very far in the missions yet. I'm trying to find a "Moth Priest" whatever the hell that is. rofl

I've never paid for xbox live but somehow I was able to download the add on? I have no idea how that happened. I have an xbox live account but I don't subscribe to xbox live. I guess you only have to have an account, it doesn't matter if it's active or not.

BY THE WAY PC USERS IT'S OUT FOR YOU GUYS TOO NOW.

I keep seeing lots of people complaining about the 20$ price tag but it really doesn't seem that bad to me?? It's a pretty large add-on...

correct me if Im wrong, but I'm pretty sure moth priests are the guys who guard and worship the elder scrolls :V

also, 20 dollars is nuthin considering its not so much "DLC" as an "expansion pack". I'd love if Bethesda made something akin to Tribunal or Bloodmoon for Skyrim.  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:57 pm
The Undead Suitor

correct me if Im wrong, but I'm pretty sure moth priests are the guys who guard and worship the elder scrolls :V

also, 20 dollars is nuthin considering its not so much "DLC" as an "expansion pack". I'd love if Bethesda made something akin to Tribunal or Bloodmoon for Skyrim.

Yep. Your right. They worship the scrolls. I've never played any other elder scrolls game so I was like "wut? a moth??" xd

Hell yes. $20 is even cheaper than a gaia cash card~

SO. MANY. QUESTS. I'm having so much fun.
Omg I could have lived without the new flying Charuses though /sobs infinitely.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:36 pm
I made a cheese cake today.

Also 20$ for Serana yes please  

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:07 pm
reapersun made even this last modus evo feel super gay

"Looking for a good time? If you happen down the right street at the right time of night, maybe you'll meet The Hood, a young gentleman with a reputation for getting what you need."

" "I don't want to spoil the surprise. Follow me to the woods. There is a secluded spot up ahead where no one will bother us." "

User Image
That's not very hygienic, young man  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm
I'm not that impressed with this evo of Modus, it actually made me glad I sold it before the evo to get Dice Bunny. I'm pretty bothered that the fact that hood's pants aren't pants and shoes separate. Them as normal pants would have been good for some of the more masculine men on gaia.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm
BiaA
"I don't want to spoil the surprise. Follow me to the woods. There is a secluded spot up ahead where no one will bother us."
emotion_awesome
Yeah, pretty sure whatever is happening there is not Wolfe planning to murder the cop, like some people speculate. The characters definitely have a Sherlock feel going on.

I love what she did with Hood though; I'm pretty happy we didn't get a female Red since we've already got some Riding Hood items.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 pm
Gayest evo since the Ciels. rofl

Thanks Reaper.  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:28 pm
Reapersun:

everything is sherlock since 2011

(seriously, red riding hood there looks exactly how she draws watson)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm
BiaA
That's not very hygienic, young man
It's not even sexy
Dammit reaper, if you're gonna make some kind of sherlockwatsoncomehitherlook, at least make it look marginally less disgusting than attempting to seductively lick blood off a syringe.

Talk about ick. I'd be worried about that needle near my eye.

emotion_donotwant Course it has a cool bloody body option when you have the right hand position.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:08 pm
Magnificent Moonbeam
I'm not that impressed with this evo of Modus, it actually made me glad I sold it before the evo to get Dice Bunny. I'm pretty bothered that the fact that hood's pants aren't pants and shoes separate. Them as normal pants would have been good for some of the more masculine men on gaia.
I find it hilarious that I can still equip the pants with my faun legs.
User Image

I kinda wish the feet weren't so incredibly small and the thighs >_>

Reaper, I love your work on the Case, but damn, let a dude have a crotch and thighs please. Not everyone is toothpick legs.

I wish they had a separate pose option. I still loved how Buki did that with the Infernal Spirit, allowing people to have the option to wear the garment set together or individually.

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games