Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BiaA

Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 pm
Chixen
BiaA
Also, a friend just showed me http://www.muziic.com and it's very cool. I only listened to a couple of radios, but I'm really liking channel 223
I like the layout, I just wish the sound quality was better. But thanks for the link, I'm always happy to find more music sites. 3nodding
Usually I hang around Grooveshark.

The site is actually a compilation of a lot of other radios, so maybe the bad sound quality was a problem just with the ones you listened? But well, I'm no expert and just use the cheap stereos that came with my computer, hehe.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 pm
BiaA

The site is actually a compilation of a lot of other radios, so maybe the bad sound quality was a problem just with the ones you listened? But well, I'm no expert and just use the cheap stereos that came with my computer, hehe.
Yeah, that could be it. I clicked around and found a couple songs that sounded good. My computer's speakers suck, so I've always got my Bose headphones or external speakers plugged in, and man does that make a difference, ha.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:49 pm
hhhhrrrgggh
why do I have so many books?! gonk

-lugs tub to used bookstore so I can possibly make some money and finish purchasing the Redwall series-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:56 pm
Slick Southpaw
hhhhrrrgggh

-lugs tub to used bookstore so I can possibly make some money and finish purchasing the Redwall series-
I miss Redwall, I was such a huge fan when I was younger. emotion_kirakira
I've pretty much forgotten everything though.

I've got the same problem, I should probably do the same or at least try to exchange them for different books. No one ever wants to go browse any sort of bookstore with me anymore, apparently I take too long. emo  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:02 pm
Chixen
Slick Southpaw
hhhhrrrgggh

I miss Redwall, I was such a huge fan when I was younger. emotion_kirakira
I've pretty much forgotten everything though.

I've got the same problem, I should probably do the same or at least try to exchange them for different books. No one ever wants to go browse any sort of bookstore with me anymore, apparently I take too long. emo
Oh man, I stopped when I was a kid too, because it was becoming too difficult to finish the series. But I started re-reading them for inspiration for my RPs and it's like HOMGWHEREHAVEYOUBEENALLMYLIFE. Brian Jacques is the reason I was able to incorporate different "voices" in my my posts when I'm having characters converse with other people.

And then I found the chronological timeline and I'm like, determined to read the books in the right order because suddenly the stuff makes oodles more sense when trying to place which Warrior was with whom, who was the Abbot/Abbess of the time and the current Badger Lord.
<3 Otters were always my favorite characters though. And I loved that there were strong female characters that could stand on their own feet--er paws.

And I just realized that the Artemis Fowl series kept on going after I thought it stopped; another childhood series I enjoyed tremendously. I'm almost done with my Ronald Dahl Series, I think I just need to buy the Witches and I'm good.

I AM SUCH A ******** BOOK NERD

i have to go to the bookstore by myself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Slick Southpaw
Oh man, I stopped when I was a kid too, because it was becoming too difficult to finish the series. But I started re-reading them for inspiration for my RPs and it's like HOMGWHEREHAVEYOUBEENALLMYLIFE. Brian Jacques is the reason I was able to incorporate different "voices" in my my posts when I'm having characters converse with other people.

And then I found the chronological timeline and I'm like, determined to read the books in the right order because suddenly the stuff makes oodles more sense when trying to place which Warrior was with whom, who was the Abbot/Abbess of the time and the current Badger Lord.
<3 Otters were always my favorite characters though. And I loved that there were strong female characters that could stand on their own feet--er paws.

And I just realized that the Artemis Fowl series kept on going after I thought it stopped; another childhood series I enjoyed tremendously. I'm almost done with my Ronald Dahl Series, I think I just need to buy the Witches and I'm good.

I must own some of Brian Jacques stuff somewhere, now you've got me wanting to search through the house. I know I adored the otters and I think the squirrels as well. I'm trying to wrack my brain for any plots, I just know I read a lot of books with badgers in them. There were so many good books in my childhood.

I don't think I ever read any of the Artemis Fowl books, but of course I'm familiar with Ronald Dahl although I'm pretty sure i've missed quite a few of his works. When I was a kid my favorites besides what's been mentioned were the Dark is Rising series, Dinotopia, and The Immortals by Tamora Pierce. And I'm pretty sure I was into Dragon Riders of Pern too. At the time my mother volunteered at the library just so she could constantly supply me with books.

Now I pretty much just read horror it seems, but I'd like to get reacquainted with my past.  

Chixen

Sweet Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 pm
Chixen
Slick Southpaw

I must own some of Brian Jacques stuff somewhere, now you've got me wanting to search through the house. I know I adored the otters and I think the squirrels as well. I'm trying to wrack my brain for any plots, I just know I read a lot of books with badgers in them. There were so many good books in my childhood.

I don't think I ever read any of the Artemis Fowl books, but of course I'm familiar with Ronald Dahl although I'm pretty sure i've missed quite a few of his works. When I was a kid my favorites besides what's been mentioned were the Dark is Rising series, Dinotopia, and books by Tamora Pierce. And I'm pretty sure I was into Dragon Riders of Pern too. At the time my mother volunteered at the library just so she could constantly supply me with books.

Now I pretty much just read horror it seems, but I'd like to get reacquainted with my past.
Ahahaha, that's funny. I have everything listed by series in my book case so it goes
Redwall, Time Warp Trio, Harry Potter, Series of Unfortunate events, Artemis Fowl, Golden Compass (also known as His Dark Materials), Eragon, Narnia, LOTR, then suddenly Clive Cussler and Robin Cook. I've been really into medical horror stories, especially by Dr. Robin Cook. He's a former medical doctor and he uses his knowledge of medicine to make a more believable version of sci-fi and biotechnology. emotion_kirakira

Michael Crichton will always have a special place in my height with Jurassic Park and Congo (HOLY s**t THAT WAS A CREEPY a** BOOK). I've got one Stephen King book, but idk, it doesn't give me the heebeejeebies like plausible medical science horror.

yeah my book nerd is showing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm
1,170 napkins....*collapses on the ground with her Ciro doll in her arms* x-x  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm
Slick Southpaw
Ahahaha, that's funny. I have everything listed by series in my book case so it goes
Redwall, Time Warp Trio, Harry Potter, Series of Unfortunate events, Artemis Fowl, Golden Compass (also known as His Dark Materials), Eragon, Narnia, LOTR, then suddenly Clive Cussler and Robin Cook. I've been really into medical horror stories, especially by Dr. Robin Cook. He's a former medical doctor and he uses his knowledge of medicine to make a more believable version of sci-fi and biotechnology. emotion_kirakira

Michael Crichton will always have a special place in my height with Jurassic Park and Congo (HOLY s**t THAT WAS A CREEPY a** BOOK). I've got one Stephen King book, but idk, it doesn't give me the heebeejeebies like plausible medical science horror.

yeah my book nerd is showing.
I love Michael Crichton, I've got a whole section of my bookcase for him. And Stephen King owns like two or three shelves of bookcase, haha. Yeah, his stuff isn't really frightening, it's pretty humorous actually. But the Dark Tower will always be a favorite, I'm just waiting till they finally figure out how to tackle it for a tv/movie series. I really like Peter Straub for horror, although I haven't read as much of his stuff yet, still need to go looking. I'm going to keep an eye out for Dr. Robin Cook stuff now that you've mentioned it, sounds like something I might enjoy.

Ah, and Tad Williams is a wonderful fantasy/sci-fi writer. Otherland will always be a favorite of mine, it's a four book series set in the future with people joining together wearing an assortment of avatars in a intense virtual world, helping to figure out the twisted corruption that has actually hurt other player's in the real world. Man, I suck at explaining, but it's good.
Edit: omg, I just looked it up and they've made a game of it, lol.
Otherland

Oh right, Narnia was a favorite of mine too as a child. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm
Slick Southpaw

Chixen

You two ever read Robin Hobb? She's my favorite author.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:03 pm
Iehonatane
I just looked her up, and nope, none of those books ring a bell. Which is her best series, or book for that matter, in case I come across her stuff?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:23 pm
Chixen
Iehonatane
I just looked her up, and nope, none of those books ring a bell. Which is her best series, or book for that matter, in case I come across her stuff?

Well, there are two trilogies that I would highly recommend.

First you need to read The Farseer Trilogy which has the books:

Assassin's Apprentice
Royal Assassin
Assassin's Quest

And second The Tawny Man Trilogy:

Fool's Errand
Golden Fool
Fool's Fate

These two are my favorites, but her other books from this world are good also. There is a trilogy called the Liveship Traders between these two, but is not vital to the story. And there are also books that take place in a different area but at the same time as the last three books. Wikipedia can tell you more biggrin
Check the Realm of the Elderlings part here.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm
Iehonatane
Thanks for the info, she has an easy to remember name so I'll keep an eye out next time I'm out browsing books. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 pm
Chixen
Couldn't remember the series at first, but I swore the Dark Tower was something else. Turns out I was remembering about the Seventh Tower. Never owned the series, just kept on reading it from the library. The other series that I read regularly was a rather old series called The Plant that Ate Dirty Socks. It's suprisingly hilarious for an older generation kid's book.
Iehonatane
Nope, never read the book series, but I know what you're talking about. I'd see the series in all the bookstores I'd hang out at.

I recognize the covers but they never really interested me. I think I thought the artwork was crappy or something and never bothered picking it up. Of course, that's about the time I picked up one of the older versions of LOTR series. sweatdrop

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:09 pm
Slick Southpaw

Nope, never read the book series, but I know what you're talking about. I'd see the series in all the bookstores I'd hang out at.

I recognize the covers but they never really interested me. I think I thought the artwork was crappy or something and never bothered picking it up. Of course, that's about the time I picked up one of the older versions of LOTR series. sweatdrop

Don't they say that you should never judge a book by it's cover? biggrin The artwork on the older books is kinda bad, but the books are excellent.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games