Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:27 pm
Prince Ichi
meekstape
Prince Ichi
gets a twitter to vent my feels

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME ON IT
PLS SHOW ME HOW TO USE TWITTER i want cool people to follow me

its so easy you basically

make an account

follow cool people (me) and artists you dig

then start tweeting about really dumb s**t  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 pm
meekstape
Prince Ichi
meekstape
Prince Ichi
gets a twitter to vent my feels

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ME ON IT
PLS SHOW ME HOW TO USE TWITTER i want cool people to follow me

its so easy you basically

make an account

follow cool people (me) and artists you dig

then start tweeting about really dumb s**t
i will follow your guidance sensei  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 am
Eudaemon
Also, apparently pepperoni sweats when exposed to prolonged heat. Yep, we had to serve TAINTED food to morons bringing BABIES into 107 degree heat. It's pretty much the equivalent of leaving a child in the car. These tiny kids were panting and red, begging to leave because it was so hot and the line was long, but their parents care more about spoiled meats than their children.
goddamn man, you've got my deepest sympathies dealing with that kind of s**t. Glad to hear you're okay. emotion_hug

I thought rescuing toddlers during my shift because their moms basically abandoned them to go sunbathing was terrible. Sheesh. Some people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 am
Slick Southpaw
Eudaemon
Also, apparently pepperoni sweats when exposed to prolonged heat. Yep, we had to serve TAINTED food to morons bringing BABIES into 107 degree heat. It's pretty much the equivalent of leaving a child in the car. These tiny kids were panting and red, begging to leave because it was so hot and the line was long, but their parents care more about spoiled meats than their children.
goddamn man, you've got my deepest sympathies dealing with that kind of s**t. Glad to hear you're okay. emotion_hug

I thought rescuing toddlers during my shift because their moms basically abandoned them to go sunbathing was terrible. Sheesh. Some people.

Wait a minute, parents left their children unsupervised on a beach?!(I'm guessing you are/were a lifeguard from the context.) That is so utterly stupid! You can drown in two inches of water, I can't believe people would be that careless with their kids. I'm also amazed at parents taking their babies out in 107 degree heat. These are the people who are supposedly 'responsible' adults. emotion_facepalm  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:13 am
/slowpoke

Wow I just heard the news about Chick-fil-a. NO
HOW CAN SOMETHING THAT TASTES SO GOOD BE SO EVIL?? crying
I guess I'm not eating there anymore. I was reading that interview and it made me feel sick.

@ Hafling: OH god you'd be surprised. I was at a lake a few weeks back and this kid was just running around lifting rocks picking up wild snakes. The parents didn't give a flip. gonk Sure not all snakes are poisonous, and snakes are super cool, but DON'T JUST PICK UP RANDOM ONES IN THE WILD. Especially by a lake. gonk Since this guy could be hanging around.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am
On the topic of Chick-fil-a:
OMG I am just so mad. I dont know if I am Furious or severely disappointed. I want to cry.

Our best friends are a married couple, she is Japanese and he is black. The husband is posting things about Gay Marriage and how it is against the bible. It INFURIATES me because people were using the same arguments pre-1967 to not allow interracial marriage. How can you ignore that? How can you not see the similarities? I want to comment and just remind him that this all went down 50yrs ago so that HE could marry who he chooses. People fought against his rights to marry using the same goddamned scripture he is spewing. How can someone be so blinded by religion that they forget where they came from?  

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 am
The Undead Suitor
eudae

do you ever post about anything nice

or fun

What

you're asking him to post some thing nice and fun?

Why don't you ever do it?! emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 am
The Undead Suitor
eudae

do you ever post about anything nice

or fun

NO BECAUSE MY LIFE ISN'T NICE OR FUN.

At least until I go back to college in the fall. Then life is nice and fun.

Here. This is a nice picture.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:03 am
Halfling Heroine
Slick Southpaw
Eudaemon

Wait a minute, parents left their children unsupervised on a beach?!(I'm guessing you are/were a lifeguard from the context.) That is so utterly stupid! You can drown in two inches of water, I can't believe people would be that careless with their kids. I'm also amazed at parents taking their babies out in 107 degree heat. These are the people who are supposedly 'responsible' adults. emotion_facepalm

lol lifeguard, at a waterpark. As far as most people are concerned, we're glorified baby sitters. Our main concern is making sure people don't drown/die of heat stroke/first aid maladies. Individuals lifeguards keep a generalized headcount, but nothing specific. For all we know their kid could get snatched up by someone claiming to be the parent and we wouldn't be able to dispute it.

We'd get lost kids coming up, crying for their parents where were in the far corner snoozing. Even though it's a rule that kids under 6 need to be with an adult, or person at least 16 years old.

It's pretty terrible.

I dislike the parents that bring out the infants though. It's been 107-110 out here lately, and even in the water, it seems to be a bit much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine
Slick Southpaw
Eudaemon

lol lifeguard, at a waterpark. As far as most people are concerned, we're glorified baby sitters. Our main concern is making sure people don't drown/die of heat stroke/first aid maladies. Individuals lifeguards keep a generalized headcount, but nothing specific. For all we know their kid could get snatched up by someone claiming to be the parent and we wouldn't be able to dispute it.

We'd get lost kids coming up, crying for their parents where were in the far corner snoozing. Even though it's a rule that kids under 6 need to be with an adult, or person at least 16 years old.

It's pretty terrible.

I dislike the parents that bring out the infants though. It's been 107-110 out here lately, and even in the water, it seems to be a bit much.

That's so far removed from my own experience with my parents. It's not that they were watching my every move growing up-I had plenty of freedom-but they'd never have left me wander around a beach or pool without anyone to keep an eye on me. Shocking that those people would just use you as a glorified baby sitter. As you pointed out a lifeguard's job is to stop people drowning/check for heatstroke etc. Minding a child should be the parent's priority, lifeguards have enough on their plate. Not that I'm an expert or anything, I don't have any kids of my own, but surely that kind of thing should be common sense? gonk Seems common sense isn't so common.

Awful that the poor kids would be wandering around without knowing where their parents were. That would be a pretty scary experience for a small child. I hadn't thought about the danger of abduction-but from what you described that could very easily happen!  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 am
Halfling Heroine
Seems common sense isn't so common.
a nursing student, I can quite assure you that from my limited experiences in taking care of people that what you think is common sense

Really ******** isn't when it comes to some people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am
Slick Southpaw
Halfling Heroine
Seems common sense isn't so common.
a nursing student, I can quite assure you that from my limited experiences in taking care of people that what you think is common sense

Really ******** isn't when it comes to some people.

rofl
I can see the truth in that, especially in a medical context!  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
I swear its like some people just don't care when it comes to their kids.

Toys R Us is clearly a daycare. We were always calling the police to handle kids being left at the store. Usually the parents went to go watch a movie or go to the mall.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:56 pm
Meromictic

Toys R Us is clearly a daycare. We were always calling the police to handle kids being left at the store. Usually the parents went to go watch a movie or go to the mall.

how old are the kids?  

A Redhead Angel

Invisible Player

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:47 pm
A Redhead Angel
Meromictic

how old are the kids?

3 to 10 was the range that we would usually find roaming the store.

I mean, we got the teens and such too but usually in those cases we could just kick them out or have them call their parents to get them. But when the kid isn't old enough or doesn't know their parents name/phone number we called the police. The store really isn't designed with baby sitting in mind. >>  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games