Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Calixti

Makes sense. You've got purity laws, yeah? I'm guessing your culture's concept of health would be tied up with them. Or am I way off base?
That's part of it, yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti

Makes sense. You've got purity laws, yeah? I'm guessing your culture's concept of health would be tied up with them. Or am I way off base?
That's part of it, yes.
Can you elaborate?  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:25 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti

That's part of it, yes.
Can you elaborate?
To an extent.

From a pragmatic standpoint, the purity laws reinforce behaviors that keep a person comfortable. Lack of comfort induces stress. Stress ******** with people.

That's really the only angle of it I wish to talk about in an open forum.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:26 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti

That's part of it, yes.
Can you elaborate?
To an extent.

From a pragmatic standpoint, the purity laws reinforce behaviors that keep a person comfortable. Lack of comfort induces stress. Stress ******** with people.

That makes sense. Thank you. heart  

Calixti

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti

That's part of it, yes.
Can you elaborate?
To an extent.

That makes sense. Thank you. heart
Welcome.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 pm
Ergh. I get dirty looks in elevators all the time too. Asthma and bad knees do not make for happy stair climbing. I just stare right back, all wide eyed and obvious. Tends to put them right off.  

IH_Zero

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Ergh. I get dirty looks in elevators all the time too. Asthma and bad knees do not make for happy stair climbing. I just stare right back, all wide eyed and obvious. Tends to put them right off.

I don't mean to stare, it's just the giant Anubis head isn't something you see every day.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:58 pm
Why are people staring at people in elevators? confused  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 pm
TeaDidikai

I have absolutely no idea, really. Near as I can figure I should either be using the stairs with my 'perfectly capable' young body (I apparently look around 16 or 17), or it's because I'm wearing 'poor people' clothes and my lack of finances is apparently catching.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 am
Apparently according to one of my friends, everyone in M&R are psuedo-intellectuals who knows nothing about religion, just religious knowledge and philosophy. Also that requesting facts to support an opinion/belief is not necessary because they are opinions/beliefs not facts.

It saddens me that my friend thinks this but what saddens me more is that this person is afraid I'll lose my path if I keep hanging out in M&R. I cannot convince my friend otherwise. It's going to be a hard pill to swallow but I'll just have to accept that my friend believes this since I wish to keep the friendship.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:44 am
Calixti
The next person who tells me "Oh, chronic pain isn't THAT BAD," "It's all in your head," or any variation thereof? Is getting STABBED.

Same for the next person who tells me "Oh, my relative/friend/so-and-so has (insert respiratory problem here) and they manage JUST FINE" with an unspoken "so why can't you?"

I've got chronic pain and I manage just fine.
You know, other than the constant discomfort, lack of sleep it sometimes causes, and the very awkward effort to stand and do any number of other activities without looking like a flailing moron or a weakling. Oh, and the listening to people who've never suffered more than a skinned knee talking about how bad they have it.
That I manage is due to raw stubborn pride and idiotic refusal to admit that something is wrong. This is not something to be lauded. It is especially not something to be emulated or encouraged. Pain hurts for a reason.
Oh, and fie fie on those who ridicule perceived weakness in others. If the only use they have for their strength is lording it over others... mayhaps I should take it from them.
Strength is not a license to be a jerk-@$$. Altho it does help in reminding others of that very fact. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:20 am
TeaDidikai

Because I'm young, able-looking (physical therapy knocked the limp out of me most days) and I usually park on the second floor of the parking garage.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 am
Fiddlers Green
I've got chronic pain and I manage just fine.
You know, other than the constant discomfort, lack of sleep it sometimes causes, and the very awkward effort to stand and do any number of other activities without looking like a flailing moron or a weakling. Oh, and the listening to people who've never suffered more than a skinned knee talking about how bad they have it.
That I manage is due to raw stubborn pride and idiotic refusal to admit that something is wrong. This is not something to be lauded. It is especially not something to be emulated or encouraged. Pain hurts for a reason.
Oh, and fie fie on those who ridicule perceived weakness in others. If the only use they have for their strength is lording it over others... mayhaps I should take it from them.
Strength is not a license to be a jerk-@$$. Altho it does help in reminding others of that very fact. twisted

This is the same way I deal with my chronic pain. "Pain is not an excuse not to get the job done" One of the sayings I learned from my dad. Along with "You never know when you'll need a knife so keep one with you all the time" and "Never let go of the rope"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:37 pm
When people stare, I stare right back with as dirty of a look as I can muster. Elevator or otherwise.  

Recursive Paradox

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:02 pm
Headaches suck. Thank ******** I know the acupressure points, that's all I'm saying.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games