Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm
actually my favorite strategy for red alert is get my conscripts into the nearest building and hold until I can get the bigger toys... german snipers for CoH, and I try to minimize the amount of troop slots i waste on marines or boyz, or fire warriors etc. the good stuff comes down the road.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 am
Not sure if rushing doesn't exist, but I have had it happen in DoW, I especially hated it in Dark Crusade, with either the necrons or the IG, though at least with the necrons I have time to prepare for them >.> I usually played either the Tau, orks, or spacemarines.

My favorite strategy in DoW, was to mass produce tau stealth suits with all their upgrades, which just about won every battle for me in campaign....too bad if I went online against a player using the IG I got screwed over with mass produced units of your average guardsmen, and tanks.

In Medieval II Total War, since I play as Denmark most of the time, or Norway, I usually have a lot of viking raiders in my army, few archers, followed by heavy infantry, I typically use my viking raiders as fodder, to weaken or distract the opposite army.

Syumerrt

x-EternalAnguish-x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:42 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman
Starcraft is a bit too competitive for my tastes.

Also, UMS?

Not only that, rushing was a problem when I played Starcraft one, people weren't happy enjoying the game because they ended it in less than 10 mins

....No, you see.. "Rushing" does not exist because it's your own fault that you decided to not play properly. The game has progression, you start with tier 1 units for each race Zealot, Dragoon, Marine, Medic, Firebat, Zergling, Hydra.

Then you get some tier two. Like the Siege tank, Vulture, Dropship, Goliath, Reaver, Shuttle, High Templar, Corsair, Lurker, Mutalisk.

Then you have the final tier, the Battlecruiser, Carrier, Arbiter, Guardian, Ultralisk, Defliler.

I wouldn't expect anyone to win by skipping tier one, in any game much less such a punishing game like SC. I mean, you can't do it in DoW, you can't do it in CoH, can't really do it in CnC either.

I understand that, but I mostly played against people who had no lives. They basically just play it because they don't want to realize the reality of life, and besides I was a good Zerg player >>  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:45 am
Syumerrt
Not sure if rushing doesn't exist, but I have had it happen in DoW, I especially hated it in Dark Crusade, with either the necrons or the IG, though at least with the necrons I have time to prepare for them >.> I usually played either the Tau, orks, or spacemarines.

My favorite strategy in DoW, was to mass produce tau stealth suits with all their upgrades, which just about won every battle for me in campaign....too bad if I went online against a player using the IG I got screwed over with mass produced units of your average guardsmen, and tanks.

In Medieval II Total War, since I play as Denmark most of the time, or Norway, I usually have a lot of viking raiders in my army, few archers, followed by heavy infantry, I typically use my viking raiders as fodder, to weaken or distract the opposite army.

My fave strategy in DoW is quick strikes(Eldar) And keep picking off the enemy until they're forced into building replacements, and I would have gotten my biggest units to vaporise them during this time.  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 pm
Me, I'm a very defensive player at the beginning, but once I bring the big guns out...lord knows there's no stopping me, plus I can hold my ground for a long frickin' time, with or without allies, once had a match setup, for 2 vs 2 Computers, full ork horde, me I was using I think IG at the time, or tau, and the other guy was space marines, it took us almost a hour or more before we finally manage to find a break, and tear apart the ork WAAGH! (We were playing either the next to hardest difficulty, or the hardest difficulty)
But for the most part I tend to get rushed, and depending on my faction that I'm using I get torn apart >.> especially when the necrons start throwing the scarabs, and those guys wearing the bits of flesh at me.
Though I haven't played DoW in a long time, I've been playing Chaos Rising, but I need the original DoW II so I can get all the races....curse Relic for doing that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:04 pm
my fave tactic for Sisters in Soulstorm is to build their armory equivalent and get maximum flamers... enemy morale suffers a lot and they are effective on the move. add this to the cheapest heavy infantry in the game, quick reinforcement time and you got a solid unit that you can receive the first punch with or go on the offensive early  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:11 am
In Generals I used to spam Humvee's with repair drones and when possible crammed full of rocket soldiers. In large enough numbers they could tear down anything, land or air, while being repaired on the move.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:36 am
Van Evok
my fave tactic for Sisters in Soulstorm is to build their armory equivalent and get maximum flamers... enemy morale suffers a lot and they are effective on the move. add this to the cheapest heavy infantry in the game, quick reinforcement time and you got a solid unit that you can receive the first punch with or go on the offensive early

So you command and conquer :3  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 am
Played a bit of Alien Swarm, it's a fun game, pity that it's so short. At least I have the medical gun now.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:28 pm
OMGAWD castle crashers is awesome! it's so addicting minus the sea cat that's just weird... Tom fulp has cat issues  

GamerChik240

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:18 pm
GamerChik240
OMGAWD castle crashers is awesome! it's so addicting minus the sea cat that's just weird... Tom fulp has cat issues
I take it you're a youngling who hasn't been with NG since the beginning. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 am
Lt. Brookman
GamerChik240
sweatdrop

I have always wondered about NG...  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:00 am
Sir Kyle Aziz
Lt. Brookman
GamerChik240
sweatdrop

I have always wondered about NG...
The less you know the better.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 am
Let's just say that the games by the Behemoth have quite a few insider jokes in regard to Newgrounds. Especially Castle Crashers and its ending.

As for the cats, Cat Dynamics!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:47 am
I'm an infrequent newground player and I bought castle crashers on my xbawks and it's pretty fun... online is loaded with pricks but what ever.its tons of fun!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games