Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:41 pm
Voievoda
Magnificent Moonbeam
Finding a good art shop is a bit tense. Since I'm kinda window-shopping for art, despite having only 100k on me.

Have you tried a request thread?
Thought about it, but chose not to mainly because I get rather shy about posting and to remember to follow that forum's rules when making a request thread. Plus, if I did so, I wanted to have like 2 mil + in gold beforehand. I even went off the deepend when I thought of questing 10 mill in gold for an artist to draw my requests. redface That and I haven't made a topic in a year since Love Charm II art thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm
Magnificent Moonbeam
Voievoda
Magnificent Moonbeam
Finding a good art shop is a bit tense. Since I'm kinda window-shopping for art, despite having only 100k on me.

Have you tried a request thread?
Thought about it, but chose not to mainly because I get rather shy about posting and to remember to follow that forum's rules when making a request thread. Plus, if I did so, I wanted to have like 2 mil + in gold beforehand. I even went off the deepend when I thought of questing 10 mill in gold for an artist to draw my requests. redface That and I haven't made a topic in 2 years since Love Charm II art thread.

And suddenly horribly guilty because I've never even looked at that forums rules redface
You're shy at post?
B-but you post more than me ;;.
I actually have had very few (almost none) come in with art that is 1mill+. Most have been 100k or RL.
I can't believe that was two years ago. Time flies.
It easier to make threads outside the GCD.  

Voievoda

Shy Warrior

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm
Voievoda

And suddenly horribly guilty because I've never even looked at that forums rules redface
You're shy at post?
B-but you post more than me ;;.
I actually have had very few (almost none) come in with art that is 1mill+. Most have been 100k or RL.
I can't believe that was two years ago. Time flies.
It easier to make threads outside the GCD.
I lurk in the GCD majority of the time, but the posts I make are usually in other sides of the forums like a friend's quest thread and whatnot. Yeah, it's better for me to read the art shop/request's rules before starting anything. I do have art within that range. My latest one was from a friend after autobuying her art auction once to help her get her mini angel wings.

This one was what I was talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm
The Undead Suitor
wow the new tomb raider is looking worse and worse

Quote:
Interviewer: Was it difficult to develop for a female character?

Rosenburg: "When people play Lara, they don't really project themselves into the character,
they're more like 'I want to protect her.
' There's this sort of dynamic of 'I'm going to this adventure with her and trying to protect her.' She's definitely the hero but- you're kind of like her helper. When you see her have to face these challenges, you start to root for her in a way that you might not root for a male character."

"She literally goes from zero to hero... we're sort of building her up and just when she gets confident, we break her down again. In the new Tomb Raider, Lara Croft will suffer. Her best friend will be kidnapped. She'll get taken prisoner by island scavengers. And then, those scavengers will try to rape her. She is literally turned into a cornered animal. It's a huge step in her evolution: she's forced to either fight back or die."

Wow. Seems like they don't even really consider female players.

And it's pretty sad how common it is for male writers to use rape as a plot device.
"We want to make a strong female character, but she has to be vulnerable or guys will be intimidated."
"I know! Let's threaten her with rape!"
"Brilliant!"
:/  

Rayinte

Invisible Inquisitor

11,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm
For the humor in it, I just reported half the crew I was in because they were saying their ages were 11 and 12. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am
Magnificent Moonbeam
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I hear ya about the art deal. I've gotten lucky on some pieces, but it's been real hit and miss for me. emo
Course when you don't want anime style art everything is suddenly WTF in search. I'm tempted to start up my own request thread. One day, when I actually have spare gold to stockpile.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 am
Slick Southpaw
Magnificent Moonbeam
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I hear ya about the art deal. I've gotten lucky on some pieces, but it's been real hit and miss for me. emo
Course when you don't want anime style art everything is suddenly WTF in search. I'm tempted to start up my own request thread. One day, when I actually have spare gold to stockpile.
I wish you luck on that. I guess it's more in my case my fear of getting scammed by an artist who'd take my money and run without drawing me anything. sweatdrop That and how expensive it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 am
Rayinte
The Undead Suitor
wow the new tomb raider is looking worse and worse

Quote:
Interviewer: Was it difficult to develop for a female character?

Rosenburg: "When people play Lara, they don't really project themselves into the character,
they're more like 'I want to protect her.
' There's this sort of dynamic of 'I'm going to this adventure with her and trying to protect her.' She's definitely the hero but- you're kind of like her helper. When you see her have to face these challenges, you start to root for her in a way that you might not root for a male character."

"She literally goes from zero to hero... we're sort of building her up and just when she gets confident, we break her down again. In the new Tomb Raider, Lara Croft will suffer. Her best friend will be kidnapped. She'll get taken prisoner by island scavengers. And then, those scavengers will try to rape her. She is literally turned into a cornered animal. It's a huge step in her evolution: she's forced to either fight back or die."

Wow. Seems like they don't even really consider female players.

And it's pretty sad how common it is for male writers to use rape as a plot device.
"We want to make a strong female character, but she has to be vulnerable or guys will be intimidated."
"I know! Let's threaten her with rape!"
"Brilliant!"
:/

Rape is the new dead parents  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:03 am
Voievoda: I made a mistake in my wording. I meant I haven't posted a topic in a year since Love charm II (the RIG art thread I made last year...) I never made a topic since then.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm
My little bro is playing Skyrim as a MAGE.

I'm honestly wondering if he'll make it through or rage quit. rofl  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:33 pm
*vomits sparkles and rainbows everywhere*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm
Slick stoping kawaii that's my schtick  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm
I got to leave for an hour tomorrow to fill out a walmart job application. I'm trying to go for a full-time job instead of part-time, but will take part-time if full-time isn't available. I hope I do well on it. Even though I felt like my grandma's been pressuring me to get a full-time job, so I have to obey her will. But I don't have to work tomorrow (thank God too because the heat was about to kill me. gonk )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 pm
Tempted to make a complaint thread. rofl

I BLAME THAT SHEEPLE THREAD IT GOT ME THINKING ABOUT HOW MANY THINGS I WANT THAT GAIA SHOULD BE JUMPING ON.  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 pm
I Found A Sexy 1
My little bro is playing Skyrim as a MAGE.

I'm honestly wondering if he'll make it through or rage quit. rofl

What race did he picked?Mage is really powerful in Skyrim if you have a lot of gold 3nodding  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games