Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:07 am
So because my question was swallowed up by the chat last night and no one saw it or if they did they didn't reply to it, at anyrate my questions was this. Do the Swap and Split moves also take into account a pokemons natural level bones ?

Guard Split: Averages the user's physical defense & special defense stats with target.
Power Split: Averages physical attack & special attack with the target
( also P-Split is missing the "the user's" part included in the guard version text. )

Guard Swap: User and opponent swap defense and special defense stats
Power Swap: User and opponent swap physical attack and special attack stats

Now i bring this up because Foul play does work with that natural level bones and it would seem the Swap and Split moves kinda should too because that's the most common stat increase possible.

Foul Play: 95: Inflicts damage using the targets physical attack increases and level attack bonuses instead of the user's.

I know the counter argument will be that its not a stat "increase" as say amnesia gives us but then i need ask why does foul play work off the lv boost and not simply work the same as punishment ?

Punishment: 60: Power Increases if targets stats have been raised. +20 for each each stage of increase. Max 200 Damage  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:42 am
Cannibalistic-Insanity
So because my question was swallowed up by the chat last night and no one saw it or if they did they didn't reply to it, at anyrate my questions was this. Do the Swap and Split moves also take into account a pokemons natural level bones ?

Guard Split: Averages the user's physical defense & special defense stats with target.
( also P-Split is missing the "the user's" part included in the guard version text. )

Now i bring this up because Foul play does work with that natural level bones and it would seem the Swap and Split moves kinda should too because that's the most common stat increase possible.

Foul Play: 95: Inflicts damage using the targets physical attack increases and level attack bonuses instead of the user's.

I know the counter argument will be that its not a stat "increase" as say amnesia gives us but then i need ask why does foul play work off the lv boost and not simply work the same as punishment ?

Punishment: 60: Power Increases if targets stats have been raised. +20 for each each stage of increase. Max 200 Damage

Ohhhh, wow, thank you for asking this, Tano! :0 Power Swap and Guard Swap actually need to have their description changed. They should only swap changes to the stats, not the stats themselves.

That being said, the level bonuses actually are the pokemon's 'stats', so for a move like Guard/Power Split, they would be included in the averaging. However, for moves like Guard/Power Swap, and Punishment, where it only comes into play of the stats have been changed, then it wouldn't include the level bonuses, since those are considered to be the pokemon's 'base' stats : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 am
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity

Ohhhh, wow, thank you for asking this, Tano! :0 Power Swap and Guard Swap actually need to have their description changed. They should only swap changes to the stats, not the stats themselves.

That being said, the level bonuses actually are the pokemon's 'stats', so for a move like Guard/Power Split, they would be included in the averaging. However, for moves like Guard/Power Swap, and Punishment, where it only comes into play of the stats have been changed, then it wouldn't include the level bonuses, since those are considered to be the pokemon's 'base' stats : )
Oh alright thank you loona. Can you inform me when the changes are made ? One of my pokemon can learn the moves and i was looking into having it learn them.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:22 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity

Oh alright thank you loona. Can you inform me when the changes are made ? One of my pokemon can learn the moves and i was looking into having it learn them.

The moves have been updated : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:50 pm
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist
Cannibalistic-Insanity

The moves have been updated : )
Appreciate it heart  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 2:19 pm
Loonamist

Can we use two energy drinks at once on a single pokemon considering its a consumed item ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:32 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
Loonamist

Can we use two energy drinks at once on a single pokemon considering its a consumed item ?

No, I don't think so. Only one can be used at a time ^^;; Thanks for asking again, though, Tano, 'cause that'd be good to add to the item description -goes to do that-  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:55 am
I need a ruling on Teleport's effect for out of battle movement.

Is it to the last city you traveled through
or
The last city who's pokemon center you Rp'ed using to heal with ?

Yukies only ever used the center in cherrygrove. Iv always Rp'ed him using the private healing stations owned by Team royals or a personal nurse member of the org.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:27 am
For the Battle Recorder do we need to roll for what type of Pokemon a Trainer will have or is that to our discretion (Fire-type, water-type, etc)?  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:40 am
Hope the kind
For the Battle Recorder do we need to roll for what type of Pokemon a Trainer will have or is that to our discretion (Fire-type, water-type, etc)?

Nope! No rolling required. That's the beauty of the battle recorder. You can make your own NPC teams composed of pokemon that you want them to have. It's nice for things like member made reoccurring rival NPCs, or setting up a Team Rocket NPC with Team Rocket pokemon.  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:18 pm
SpectralEternity
Ok i know Potions and Pokeballs are unlimited and all but is it ok if i do a 3 post count to earn them ? I want to be a little more realistic hwith how my characters get them is all sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:01 pm
Cannibalistic-Insanity
SpectralEternity
Ok i know Potions and Pokeballs are unlimited and all but is it ok if i do a 3 post count to earn them ? I want to be a little more realistic hwith how my characters get them is all sweatdrop

That's fine if you want to do that and pose a challenge to yourself :0  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Huntress Kitteh

Fanatical Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:31 am
Hiya! Still a newbie here.
My claim over in the horoscope, are we allowed to rp out the circumstances of how our character obtained the Pokemon or do we just magically add them? I was wanting a little injured drifloon to appear for Eli to help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:50 am
Huntress Kitteh
My claim over in the horoscope, are we allowed to rp out the circumstances of how our character obtained the Pokemon or do we just magically add them? I was wanting a little injured drifloon to appear for Eli to help.

Yes, you are allowed to do that. :3  

Vigilia

Vigilia

Captain

Trash Hero

38,925 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Huntress Kitteh

Fanatical Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:22 am
Vigilia
Huntress Kitteh

Yes, you are allowed to do that. :3

Thank you kindly friendo!  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games