Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Library! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 pm
Although Carrigan probably couldn't tell, she was just as nervous as he was. She was just good at hiding it. Probably from all the years of being on the debate team at school.

When he placed his hand on her shoulder, it was all she could do to keep from jumping. He was shaking, badly. Miranda wanted to help him, tell him it was ok, that she didn't mind that his hand was on her shoulder, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. And she didn't know why. Not knowing why things happened tended to annoy Miranda, but this time, she didn't care.

He moved his hand upward, touching the skin on her upper neck. His touch was so light, like she had imagined the wind of a winter day would feel if it had hands. Seemingly out of nowhere, he took his hands off her and started appologising.

She couldn't help it any longer.

She embraced him, not holding back anymore. In his ear, she wispered, ever so softly "It's okay. I forgive you." Then, without thinking she pressed her lips to his cheek.

As if waking up from a dream, miranda suddenly realised what she had done. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward, I should have never even started talking to you. I'm sorry, I'll go away now." She was back to being herself, and her conscience was screaming at her. "What are you doing?? Who do you think you are?? He probably doesn't even like you!!! You don't have a chance, you freak. You should kow that."

She ran out of the library, not even stopping to grab her things.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:37 pm
Carrigan was still shaking when she embraced him a second time. He didn't know where all this affection and shyness had come from; what happened to the quiet recluse with the sadistic streak which had walked through the doors to Hogwarts? Funny things happened in this school, apparently... He caught his breath a moment later, when she whispered her forgiveness into his ear. He hadn't expected an answer like this-- maybe a quiet "It's fine," if nothing else, but not another hug and--

His heart skipped a beat. The Ravenclaw first year had pressed her mouth against his cheek, and the first thing he realized was that it was warm, and the feeling erupted in his chest and made him feel slightly ill. Not...bad ill, but faint. He leaned back a little, weak in the knees and trying to pull back from the mock kiss without being rude, because he just did not know what to do, but Miranda was already pulling back. Her face was a vibrant flush, looking just as embarassed as Carrigan felt when he realized he was shivering and couldn't stop himself. She apologized even more profusely than he himself had, and while he could see why she found the need a necessity, he didn't want to hear apologies so much as an explanation. He hadn't been lying-- they'd only just met. He found himself in a state of shocked silence as she continued, however, and then the first year girl turned and sprinted down the aisles of dusty books. The faint creak of the oak doors floated back to Carrigan, still stationary and blushing, and told him she hadn't even bothered to get her things.

He pressed a hand to his cheek, but he didn't feel sad.

Drew Thirte3n

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:50 pm
That night

Miranda creapt into the library to grab her things.

She walked over to the table she left them, to see that Carrigan had left them right where they were when she left them. She didn't know what to think of this. Did he leave them because he didn't want to offend her, or because he was mad at her and didn't want to bring them to her? Or was it just because he wanted to avoid another awkward encounter with her??

"Men." She wispered to herself. "I'll never understand them." "And they think we're complex??"

She snuck back out and returned to the common room.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:53 am
Elf puts some books in to place.  

Jeaniny7

6,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200

Miss Love Tantei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:05 pm
Ann crept into the library to find some more references and ideas on Advance D.A.D.A before the next term starts.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 am
*Jules went in and whispered* Hmmm. Where are the book of magical creatures and History of magic for my teaching coming up in the History of Magic?*looks around* AH HA! I FOUND IT!!! *loud* Oops. Sorry. *soft*  

Jules4life_5

Giselle LeFlour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:00 pm
Mikki skips into the library jollily (new word... YAY!) and plops into a big, fluffy chair. She pulls her book out of her cloak and starts to read. How quiet it is in the library!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:08 am
"Ahhhh, i've always loved libraries. Lets see, Magical Creatures, Charms, Dark Arts, Potions, Herbology, ah! there we are: Transfigurations." Scanning through the books Pam finds an interesting looking one on transfiguration spells. Taking it off the shelf, she drops onto a sofa she starts reading.

A few minutes later, she walks quietly to one of the tables and sits down, takes a notebook from her pocket and starts taking notes just because even as a first year, she already is really really curious about Transfigurations.

Pamyl

Giselle LeFlour

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:52 pm
Mikki walks in and skips around the shelves for a while. When she finds the book that she wanted, she went to a table and started to copy something down. She folds up her parchment and puts the book back. She merrilly hums a tune as she frolicked out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 pm
Ann walked right into the Restricted Section and exclaimed in her most quiet, but excited voice, "Omydamn! It was here all along." Ann drooled at the possible books she had not encountered in her four years in Hogwarts.  

Miss Love Tantei

DaBonster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:26 pm
Siobhan stepped into the library. The air was thick with dust, drifting down from the rafters, catching the sunlight and swirling down to the floorboards like a ghost. She could smell aged leather, wood, binding glue, paper, and subtle hints of ink: the smells of a library; the smells of home.

All the other witches and wizards in her family had been in Ravenclaw. She was the first Gryffindor, and in her attempt to shun all things Ravenclaw, this was her first trip to the library since the First Year had set foot in the castle.

She walked slowly between the towering bookcases, looking for the tome she needed. Finally, she found it and settled at a table to do her homework. Well, she settled at a table to appear to be doing her homework. In reality, she was trying to write an article for the school paper. She tapped her quill lazily on her paper as she tried to organize her ideas, creating ever-widening pools of ink on the otherwise blank and foreboding parchment.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:07 pm
Miranda stepped throught the door to the library and took a deep breath. "Ahh. That's better." As was one of her bad habits, she started taking books that people had left on tables and attempting to put them back. When she hd finished that, she grabbed a ramndom book, also one of her bad habits, plopped down on her favorite chair, and began reading.  

mirmirfied5

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:59 pm
After Miranda was satisfied, she guessed it had been a few hours, and was sure mikki would be done helping princess, she put her book back took one last deep breath- there was just something about that smell that she didn't know why she liked it, but she did,- and went back to the common room.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:05 am
"Urgh, this potion is so difficult... I just can't seem to get anything right..." Fearless said as she stumbled into the library. "I love the library with its musty old smell and big, old volumes..." She walked around the shelves, trying to find the best potions book to help her research. "Yay! I found it!" She exclaimed before realizing that she was too loud. The librarian gave her a dirty look. "Sorry..."  

MikeDrawl

Lyra Elizabeth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:59 pm
Lyra wandered into the library and started down one of the rows, randomly pulling out books here and there. When she found one she liked the sound of, Lyra sat down in the nearest chair and began to read...  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games