Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:13 pm
Big Sisters are controlled by the Big Bad, all save for Eleanor at the end of the game. When you "steal" enough Little Sisters the big bad rustles up a Big Sister to deal with you. Which is a tough fight at first, until you get the camera. Same with the Alphas really, after you get the camera it's a bit too easy.

Still, the story of Bioshock 1 is better IMHO, the twists were quite interesting. Plus the whole "Would You Kindly.." is one of the best lines from the game, especially when paired with that flashback and when you think back to all the stuff Atlas said to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm
Starcraft 2 is okay so far. If somewhat predictable.

I'm highly disappointed in how the missions screen stuff works out because it feels so unlinear and it jumps back and forth unless you do all the missions briefed by person A. I mean otherwise it's really just a huge mess.

I'm also sad they don't even once mention the Magistrate. (Who you were in SC/BW.) I mean, you were there with Jimmy through everything in SC and in BW, and you don't even get mentioned and I'm close to finishing the game. (Which is long if you play on Hard.)  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 am
Is there still Plagu in SC2?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 am
I'm guessing pretty soon the reviews will pour in declaring it the best thing ever since the first Starcraft game eleven years ago.. Ugh. talk2hand  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 am
It's good, it's really good.

Best RTS since Company of Heroes for sure, and even then I'd say it's better with more replay-ablity with online and UMS.

I mean, This is even in the game. On a small arcade machines.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:54 am
Just got done with two playthroughs on Mass Effect 2, with one of my Shepard characters, Lokir...the one I finished today, with the renegade ending, rather irritated me. I expected AT LEAST ONE crew member to say something good about me handing the base over to the Illusive Man...but no, everyone of them had to tell me off for it, even Miranda who I thought was the most loyal to Cerberus between her and Jacob, had something to say, about her doubts if it was the right choice.  

Syumerrt

x-EternalAnguish-x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:35 pm
Lt. Brookman
Big Sisters are controlled by the Big Bad, all save for Eleanor at the end of the game. When you "steal" enough Little Sisters the big bad rustles up a Big Sister to deal with you. Which is a tough fight at first, until you get the camera. Same with the Alphas really, after you get the camera it's a bit too easy.

Still, the story of Bioshock 1 is better IMHO, the twists were quite interesting. Plus the whole "Would You Kindly.." is one of the best lines from the game, especially when paired with that flashback and when you think back to all the stuff Atlas said to you.

That is true, Bioshock 1 had the better story, but Bioshock 2 had the better gameplay, in most cases, they balance out  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz

Best RTS since Company of Heroes for sure, and even then I'd say it's better with more replay-ablity with online and UMS.

I'll let you in on a little secret that is surely going to get me killed in a very nasty and cruel way: I don't like Starcraft 2 or anything else from Blizzard.

Better than CoH? My word! emo  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 pm
hey I'm with you I don't know why but I've never liked Star craft 2... I was okay with warcraft and diablo was okay but nothing ever intrested me in star craft  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm
Lt. Brookman
Sir Kyle Aziz

I'll let you in on a little secret that is surely going to get me killed in a very nasty and cruel way: I don't like Starcraft 2 or anything else from Blizzard.

Better than CoH? My word! emo

Eh, all matters of taste and opinion. I am going to be playing it at a somewhat competetive level as I have been playing with BW. Probobly why I enjoy it, however I find the story interesting and I love the UMS.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 am
Starcraft is a bit too competitive for my tastes.

Also, UMS?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:31 am
Use Map Settings!

All of those custom maps, with all sorts of fun. Hours and hours of fun.

Play a Risk style game. Play an adventure game with a hero unit and get money for killing things to upgrade your hero. Play a game where you have to run your unit around obstacles, or have your unit try to navigate puzzles with other people.

The list goes on, many many fun games and with the new editor for SC2. Even BETTER things will come.
Stuff like this. or this.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:55 am
http://www.steelpanthersonline.com/main.asp
for those who are into turn based strategy,gold mine  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 pm
Lt. Brookman

Also, UMS?

Not only that, rushing was a problem when I played Starcraft one, people weren't happy enjoying the game because they ended it in less than 10 mins  

x-EternalAnguish-x

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 pm
Kusebia-san
Lt. Brookman

Also, UMS?

Not only that, rushing was a problem when I played Starcraft one, people weren't happy enjoying the game because they ended it in less than 10 mins

....No, you see.. "Rushing" does not exist because it's your own fault that you decided to not play properly. The game has progression, you start with tier 1 units for each race Zealot, Dragoon, Marine, Medic, Firebat, Zergling, Hydra.

Then you get some tier two. Like the Siege tank, Vulture, Dropship, Goliath, Reaver, Shuttle, High Templar, Corsair, Lurker, Mutalisk.

Then you have the final tier, the Battlecruiser, Carrier, Arbiter, Guardian, Ultralisk, Defliler.

I wouldn't expect anyone to win by skipping tier one, in any game much less such a punishing game like SC. I mean, you can't do it in DoW, you can't do it in CoH, can't really do it in CnC either.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games