Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

Eloquent Tactician

10,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm
So I've been mulling over a question about warhammer.

I get emails from GW, so I know when the next book comes out and all that good stuff. But how often does GW release information about the PRESENT in the Warhammer universe? Specifically humanity. As much as I love to read about the reasoning behind primarch decisions, I really wanna see Lion El'Johnsen wake up. Or hear more about Leman Russ's trip into the warp storm, looking for a cure for the Emporer. Because in the end, its up to the lion and the wolf to save humanity...ish. I have every belief in the regular ol' space marines, but a primarch would help. AND, lets not forget theres like 10 of them chilling at the Chaos's side. That can't end well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 am
xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

I get emails from GW, so I know when the next book comes out and all that good stuff. But how often does GW release information about the PRESENT in the Warhammer universe? Specifically humanity. As much as I love to read about the reasoning behind primarch decisions, I really wanna see Lion El'Johnsen wake up. Or hear more about Leman Russ's trip into the warp storm, looking for a cure for the Emporer. Because in the end, its up to the lion and the wolf to save humanity...ish. I have every belief in the regular ol' space marines, but a primarch would help. AND, lets not forget theres like 10 of them chilling at the Chaos's side. That can't end well.
That would require the actual in universe timeline to advance, which will never happen sadly as that might upset the current status quo too much. Plus, it would require 40k to change its title to 41k, as right now the game takes place in the last years of the forty first millennium.

Warhammer 40,000 has always been a setting where the clock got stuck a few minutes before midnight. GW has made some attempts at trying to advance the clock a bit, but as much as we want it to happen, the setting isn't quite ready for it.

Also, part of the lore is supposed to be those gaps mysteries surrounding the fates of the Loyalist Primarchs. Where is the Lion really? Where indeed did Corax, Khan, Russ and Vulkan go? Will Guilleman ever heal himself and break free from the stasis field? And what of Cypher's mission?

A Primarch is a very, very powerful character though. I personally believe that they should be confined to either Forge World's Horus Heresy supplements or Apocalypse, which allows one to field a daemonic Angron.

Six traitors (Alpharius and Kurze have been slain post Heresy, plus Horus was killed at the height of the Heresy) are actually chilling in and around the Eye of Terror. wink Though most of these seem to have a bad case of the lazies and don't really care what is going on out there. Talk about lazy writing! gonk  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

Eloquent Tactician

10,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 am
Lady Blodwynn
xXRedemption_VengeanceXx

That would require the actual in universe timeline to advance, which will never happen sadly as that might upset the current status quo too much. Plus, it would require 40k to change its title to 41k, as right now the game takes place in the last years of the forty first millennium.

Warhammer 40,000 has always been a setting where the clock got stuck a few minutes before midnight. GW has made some attempts at trying to advance the clock a bit, but as much as we want it to happen, the setting isn't quite ready for it.

Also, part of the lore is supposed to be those gaps mysteries surrounding the fates of the Loyalist Primarchs. Where is the Lion really? Where indeed did Corax, Khan, Russ and Vulkan go? Will Guilleman ever heal himself and break free from the stasis field? And what of Cypher's mission?

A Primarch is a very, very powerful character though. I personally believe that they should be confined to either Forge World's Horus Heresy supplements or Apocalypse, which allows one to field a daemonic Angron.

Six traitors (Alpharius and Kurze have been slain post Heresy, plus Horus was killed at the height of the Heresy) are actually chilling in and around the Eye of Terror. wink Though most of these seem to have a bad case of the lazies and don't really care what is going on out there. Talk about lazy writing! gonk

Man, I mean, I understand GW's thoughts on not actually making rules and models for the primarchs that would be a bit absurd. But I dunno, it just makes me question how long GW can go, making stories for the past. I'm so tired of the original heresy x_x  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:17 am
xXRedemption_VengeanceXx
Man, I mean, I understand GW's thoughts on not actually making rules and models for the primarchs that would be a bit absurd. But I dunno, it just makes me question how long GW can go, making stories for the past. I'm so tired of the original heresy x_x
The past is all they have right now, as the game has ground to a halt in the last year of the millennium. There is still ten thousand years of history that needs to be filled and its not all Horus Heresy.

Its just that right now the HH is the big cash cow. sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:24 am
Lady Blodwynn

[...]

[...]

I thought Angron was slain on Armageddon by some Grey Knights. (As in "The Emperor's Gift" by Aaron Dembski-Bowden)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:50 am
Marc the berserk
Lady Blodwynn

[...]

[...]

I thought Angron was slain on Armageddon by some Grey Knights. (As in "The Emperor's Gift" by Aaron Dembski-Bowden)
He was banished back to the warp, not killed.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:09 am
Vikki Stardust
Marc the berserk
Lady Blodwynn

[...]

[...]

Oh, my bad. Would have been too easy the other way. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm
Marc the berserk
Vikki Stardust
Marc the berserk
Lady Blodwynn

[...]

[...]

Oh, my bad. Would have been too easy the other way. ^_^
He was banished back into the warp, unable to rematerialize for a hundred years. Unless you're a really powerful psyker or a very weedy daemon, it's impossible to permanently kill a daemon.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:19 pm
Just finished Fulgrim, and I'm honestly pretty disappointed. The story was rushed and predictable, and despite being over 500 pages, seemed to try to barely touch on everything, leaving a lot to be desired in character development and story tie-in.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:48 pm
DarkElf27
Just finished Fulgrim, and I'm honestly pretty disappointed. The story was rushed and predictable, and despite being over 500 pages, seemed to try to barely touch on everything, leaving a lot to be desired in character development and story tie-in.
Just you wait, it gets worse once you get to the Primarchs. gonk  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:01 am
I decided to reread Mechanicum, it's something hobby related after who knows how long now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:14 am
I'm halfway through Descent of Angels by Mitchel Scanlon, and I'm quite liking it. Much better at character development than the last one I read. talk2hand  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:47 am
Is that the first one?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 am
Vikki Stardust
Is that the first one?
Nope, the 6th Horus Heresy book. First in the Dark Angels series as far as I can tell.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm
DarkElf27
Vikki Stardust
Is that the first one?
Nope, the 6th Horus Heresy book. First in the Dark Angels series as far as I can tell.
That's what I meant. From what I remember, that one was actually pretty good!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff