Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:04 pm
To the left, to the right
I can feel it all around
Out to get you and I
Out to try and break us down
They will come with the strength and the fire
And a numb beat of drums
And the song of the sirens in our ears
That will bring 'em all to tears, dear

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Fourth Year - Twin -
[feeling: muderous] [thinking: I am going to KILL her] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Tryouts]

Toby stalked down to the Pitch with a murderous expression on his long face. It was what Jess liked to call his "about to kill someone" look, which was funny, really, because he was contemplating murdering her. She'd thought it'd be funny to steal his shoes. He'd spent the past twenty minutes running around in socks in search of his sister and his hostage shoes. He'd finally hunted her down to the dungeons, (why couldn't she be afraid of the dark?), and after a brief struggle, no small amount of swearing, and some dire threats of vengeance, retrieved his shoes. To say his countenance was sour would be an understatement. He muttered a hello that was probably edging on sullen, and filled out a form quickly.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Tobias Walsh
House: Gryffindor
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

I want to be the kind of person that people will write songs about.

Position: Beater
AC: 16
Mods: +6 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X) (X)

Yes, I will fight for you
You and me against the world is nothing new
Now and forever true
If you'll be mine then I will fight for you
So we stand back to back
And we smile as they come
'Cause they plan for attack
Knowing we've already won

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:56 pm
User Image

, ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena went to the field. She was unsure whether she should really try out but... She wanted too but she was also nervous. What was she gonna do? She only hoped she would be able to do whatever was necessary.

Celaena
Username: Shabatha
Character's Name: Celaena Snow
Year: 1
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Natural flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: Chaser

User ImageUser Image

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:08 pm
I'm bouncing off the walls again
I'm looking like a fool again
I threw away my reputation
One more song for the radio station

I'm bouncing off the walls again
I'm looking like a fool again
Waking up on the bathroom floor
Pull myself back together just to fall once more

User Image

Crash
Fifth Year Gryffindor

He'd been waiting around, that was all. He minded his own business, and he usually kept to himself. He bites down on unspoken words and shuffles away from awkward tensions. And yet, the storm always seems to follow in way or another. He never even heard it coming, but a harrying force slammed into his back, his untied shoelaces tangled under tripping feet and the green, green grass was coming in faster and faster until-- "aaah-!" THUD! SMACK!

He went down, and his broom jerked and whacked him in the back of the head as he pulled it down on top of himself. There was a groan, but it wasn't his own. She'd been rambling but he hadn't really heard. It was just the wooooum-wooooum-wooooum echoing in his skull and the slight daze in his vision. Crash shook his head, hard. That always seemed to snap him back. "Woah, hey, it's okay," he waved his hand. "And hey, we're a team, it's only fair to share a little hurt every now and then, right?" He shrugged, a cheeky grin wormed on his sheepish features. He barely knew the girl anymore than her by her last name, and even then he had to wonder if it was Cherri or Berry, or, something fruity. Maybe he really was as oblivious as everyone says he is. It was only then that he really set to focus his eyes and noticed the scarlet rouge on her ebony cheeks. She was embarrased--Ha! ...It was kind of cute, though.

"Are you and your broom okay?" He bent down just then to swipe up the school broom he borrowed.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5' 5" Weight: 130lbs Age: 15
Keeper
L1 L2 L3
AC= 16
Mods= (+8 to block the quaffle) (+6 to flying)
Hold the Line, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier paced on the pitch, his face neutral. Weird, since he spent the last five years simply smiling dorkily at the thought of quidditch. He really has to set his mind right this time. They won the cup last year, and it brightened him up. For a couple of minutes. With the broom on his shoulder, he joined the group. He gave them all a smile before filling up the form.

Username: IceGrayWolf
                                              Character's Name: Xavier Nicholson
                                              Year: 6th
                                              Advanced Flying I: yes
                                              Advanced Flying II: yes
                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
                                              Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                              First Choice Position: Chaser
                                              Second Choice Position: Still Chaser

Position: Chaser
                                              AC: 18
                                              Modifiers: +8 to stealing and shooting
                                              Special Skills: Swift Swipe , Good Arm, Deft Dodger
                                              Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]
                                              Score : + roll of keeper
                                              Steal : + AC
                                              /3
                                              Final Roll =

● ● ⓒ

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:36 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli took the completed forms quietly. She watched the team ready themselves. Finally when she felt like most people had arrived she hopped on her broom and blew her whistle, floating only a couple feet from the ground."Listen up everybody. Here is how tryouts are going to go this year. "She paused, waiting for everyone to gather around her and listen to her. She needed tryouts to go smoothly this year.

"Team 1 will be Xavier, Tanya, Celaena, Ronna and Crash. Team 2 will be Rosabella Leonette, Toby, and Alexandria. Chasers work together and try and score against the opposing team's keeper. Beater's try and stop the chasers, do not aim at the seeker. David you're our only seeker try out so just practice catching the snitch. Jacob and I will watch and give pointers when needed and be here for any questions or injuries." Elli released the balls, blew her whistle again, and shot into the air, before throwing the quaffle up to be caught.

OOC: ...

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:38 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Gryffindor |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

A deep draw of air was sufficient to make Dani feel as though she were charged with energy and ready for her try-out. The broomstick she'd been seconded from the school's supply was slung over her shoulder, as though it were the Cricket bat she was accustomed to. The warmth of the sun felt good, as did the feel of the grass of the pitch under her feet.

'Too bad I can't shoot pictures of this stuff on my phone,' she silently lamented. 'No wonder Aunt Bella told me to write. No e-mail, not even a bloody tweet, I can't do anything with my phone, or my I-Pod. Not that i have anybody to send it too whom would understand this stuff.'

It didn't matter to her she'd never played the game, having only been able to study a copy of the rules her aunt had in with her books, Dani wanted the chance to prove herself to her new Housemates, a chance to have her own niche amongst them. To belong. Besides, in the entirety of her academic career, there was never a time she didn't have a sport she was a part of.

Sports were her refuge from her parents, and she was sure she'd never experienced freedom until the first time she rode her aunt's vintage Cleansweep. 'All I ask for is the chance to try out. Give me a chance and I will fly like the wind.'

Tale of the Tape:

Character Name: Dani Stewart
                                                                    Year: First
                                                                    Previous Sports: Football (aka Soccer), Cricket, Basketball
                                                                    Quidditch Experience: None
                                                                    Advanced Flying Classes: None
                                                                    Position Sought: Chaser, Beater or Keeper
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria’s eyes darted onto Rosabella as the girl made an appearance. So, she was trying out again this year? The older girl rolled her eyes, annoyed by her step sister’s display of… well, herself. Of course, the thirteen year old wouldn’t dare say anything harsh or cruel – not with the captain and vice captain in earshot. Focus, she told herself, scanning at the others on the team. Rosabella wasn’t her biggest threat. Alex had players trying out for the same position as she, and some were better than her. Crash, although incredibly cute, was a major obstacle to her getting onto the immediate team. Just then, Tanya came flying on her broom and – SMACK! The girl knocked right into the keeper. "Blimey, that sounded painful,” she muttered, staring down at the two teammates. Either Elli ignored the little incident (it didn’t seem too serious anyway), or she hadn’t seen it, for the captain started the tryouts. After hearing who was playing for what team, Alex cocked an eyebrow. The redhead hadn’t told them what positions, but the third year assumed she was the keeper of her team, so she kicked off the ground and headed straight to the goalposts.

Team: 2
Armour Class: +14
Modifiers: (blocking goals +6)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 7, 7, 8, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6, 4 Total: 44 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Rosabella listened to her captain’s instructions. Since she was trying out for the chaser position, she was the beater’s target. The twelve year old eyed Veronica, who was playing as beater for the opposing team. She mustered out a smile although she was scared. That was the same girl who had hit her last year, and it hurt a lot! Bella mounted the same school broom that she had used last year and kicked off the ground once the quaffle was tossed. The twelve year old reached out for it, hoping to grab it before anyone else could.

Armour Class: +13
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +3) (shooting quaffle +3)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 44
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

User Image  

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 pm
User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

In Company of: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls
Wearing: Red Tanktop and Jeans
Hmm... technically we all should be put on the team either as main or reserves with this showing...

Veronica frowned slightly as Elli quietly took the forms and then declared the start of try-outs, putting them all on two teams, like usual. Ronna accepted Elli's quiet acceptance of her form and placing her on one of the team try-out positions as her way of accepting and making a promise. Then again, hadn't she let Remy try-out only to say no even when there was an open position? Veronica supposed that there was that possibility-then again Ronna hadn't ever cheated. She nodded quietly at Elli's splitting and thought it odd that Elli hadn't bothered to tell anyone what positions to play-then again everyone but the first year with the blonde curly hair had knowledge of who tended to go where or what each other vied for.

Taking to the air, bat in one hand Veronica scanned the field realizing at the end of the day if no one else showed up-unless Elli had the audacity to place the late first year as a reserve beater over someone with some experience who had tried to make amends for their past poor behavior-she would know without a shadow of a doubt where Elli actually stood. Veronica decided to wait and scan the field and let at least the chasers begin their move before she would go on the aggressive. Besides it would take a moment or so before she always felt the bludgers liked to take a moment before they became highly noticeable.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxQuidditch Statsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Team 1
Position: Beater
Aiming at: N/A
Roll: N/A

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Advance Flying II) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 flying (only counts towards AC), +4 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I), +1 Lives
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
Lives: [O] [O] [O] [O]

Opponents hit: 00
Bludgers blocked: 00

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

{ }

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:52 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩

Elli spotted another girl walk onto the field right as she called for the game to start. She quickly dropped down next to her and smiled brightly and cheerfully."Hey there! I'm Elliryanna, but you can call me Elli. I'm the captain of this team. The red head boy over there is Jacob my Vice Captain.... and well the rest of these twerps are your new team mates. " She pointed to Jacob when she mentioned him and then just kinda gestured to the rest of the kids on the field. She mentally went over her team lists and she read over the girl's form.

"Okay, so you're gonna be on Team 2 as a chaser. Team 2 is Rosabella, Leonette, Toby, and Alexandria. Also, its nice to meet you Dani, and trust me Quidditch is the best sport around." She quickly pointed to the girl's teammates. She licked her lips and nodded her head. The teams were pretty even experience wise and were now even player wise too. "If you don't know the rules totally, here is a quick rundown. As Chaser, you try to get the burgundy ball through the hoops and past the goal keeper. Pretty simple. Good luck!"

OOC: ...

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:06 pm
[]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Light as a feather, Dani floated up into the air atop her broom, and maneuvered herself into position along the perimeter of the face-off circle where the other players were gathered above the center of the pitch. Once she was co-altitude with the other players, she waited for the Quaffle to be released and the game to begin.

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]  
Graydon Ironshield rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 10, 7, 2, 6, 5, 2, 7, 5, 9 Total: 56 (10-100)
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:11 pm
Graydon Ironshield
[]User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    ════════════════════════

Light as a feather, Dani floated up into the air atop her broom, and maneuvered herself into position along the perimeter of the face-off circle where the other players were gathered above the center of the pitch. Once she was co-altitude with the other players, she waited for the Quaffle to be released and the game to begin.

Armour Class: 12
                                                                    Skill Modifiers: +2 to Stealing Quaffle, +2 to Shooting the Quaffle
                                                                    Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

[]

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
IceGrayWolf rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 7, 7, 7, 9, 2, 8, 8, 5, 8 Total: 62 (10-100)

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier listened attentively, nodding as she recited the ones in the first group. He's already familiar with his teammates, not really surprised if there are first years attending. He'll get to know them soon. And... wait, the chasers are the beaters' target? Oh this will be bloody... or just painful. He mentally hoped that there will be no blood in this try outs... A light shiver passed down his spine. He glanced at David, the only on trying out for seeker. He gave him a smile and a thumbs up, then climbed on his broom. As soon as the quaffle was released, two of the opposing chasers had already tried to grab it. Xavier immediately flew, trying to battle the other two for the quaffle.

Position: Team 1 Chaser
                                              /3
                                              Final Roll =

● ● ⓒ

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier managed to grab the quaffle, which sent a smile on his lips. He faced his broom to the opponent's goals, flying off as fast as he can. Maybe he could pass it to Tanya later...

Position: Team 1 Chaser
                                              1/3
                                              Final Roll =

● ● ⓒ Ummm >__<

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Rosabella had missed the quaffle, and Xavier grabbed him. The girl flew after him, trying to push the ball out of his grasp.

Armour Class: +13
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +3) (shooting quaffle +3)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 13
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

User Image  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games