Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Library! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm
The next Morning (Sorry, I just had to do that, or else it would fell like it was still night.)

Miranda paused in the doorway and looked around to see if that boy from the night before was in the libray before stepping inside. After a nice long pep talk from her friends last night, she had gained a little confidence, and had decided to try to talk to him. She had always been a sucker to peer pressure.

Trying to put all of that out of her mind, she went over to her favorite chair and sat down to read.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 pm
Finding himself drawn towards the Library, as Carrigan often did, he stopped and hesitated just outside the doors, looking displeased with himself for not walking directly in. He cursed very, very softly to himself, wary of the prying ears of Filch and that frightening cat, Mrs. Norris. He didn't know how much that feline understood. Finally, Carrigan twisted the handle and stepped into the dusty Library, ignoring the creak of the aged doors for what it was and not really thinking of the consequences. He instantly made a beeline to the right, however, upon catching sight of the back of the head of the Ravenclaw girl he had 'encountered' the evening before.

Uncharacteristically, he cursed the typical Ravenclaw thirst for knowledge and slipped behind a towering bookshelf. He grabbed the nearest book out of hope to distract himself and the sudden nervousness buzzing at the nape of his neck, noticing that not only was the book not Charms, but Potions; a course which he found no enjoyment in because of its strict following to rules lest fatal injuries be pertained. Charms misspells often resulted in anything more than a scalp wound if nothing else. The first year Ravenclaw continued his awkward path along the lines of shelves until he had reached a satisfactory distance from the Ravenclaw girl - very back of the Library, in a particularly dusty corner where his ironic allergies not only went wild, but the books were untouched and their titles foreboding. It wasn't that he was afraid of his classmate, no; it was that he knew - just knew - that she would approach him to ask about how he had... watched her... the evening before, and as if he weren't already uncomfortable talking about people in the first place, being interrogated about staring at someone he'd never met, much less talked to, would make him flush.

Drew Thirte3n

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 pm
Miranda looked up from her book to check the time, and saw the boy from last night walking into the library. All the sudden, she got really nervous, and she was confused. Cursing under her breath, she asked herself "No! No! Why did I have to be born so shy? I have to go talk to him, or else they're going to get so mad at me."

She had oficially given up on getting any reading done today.

Gathering up her courage, she walked over to him and said "Hey, you're that boy that was watching me last night, right?" Just in case he didn't want to answer that question, she also asked "Whatcha reading?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm
Carrigan somehow found it in him not to jump at the sound of the Ravenclaw girl's voice. So she'd followed him, had she? As he had expected, she brought up the topic of his strange behaviour from the night before and he very much did flush. He kept his back to her long enough to calm himself so that he wasn't bright red, but a vibrant pink, then turned to her. He cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"Yes," he said helplessly, and his voice cracked slightly. "I-I was watching you last night." He sounded as though he were trying to word himself correctly, as he chose his words carefully. "But please don't take it the wrong way... I don't feel inclined to being slapped right now."

He paused then, and looked down at the book in his hands. "Potions," he said shortly, in explanation. He hadn't actually been reading it at all.

|| Haha, oh my god. We're, like, the only people in here. >w>; We're taking over the Library! The posts are going Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw, random Gryffindor post!, Ravenclaw... ||

Drew Thirte3n

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:47 pm
Seeing someone go bright pink over her talking to them almost made Miranda giggle, but she managed to hold it in.

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't going to slap you. I would never do anything like that. Unless you really pissed me off. Didn't you notice that before I left I got back at you? Why would I take it the wrong way? It makes me feel...special, to say the least." She was about to say that she had never had a real boyfriend before, but decided against it. She figured that wasn't the best thing to say at a time like this.

"Potions? Why would you read about potions outside of class? I mean, I like reading, but that's like the only subject I don't like reading about."

She paused for a moment, the realised that she hadn't even told him her name yet. She blushed bright red before saying, "By the way, my name's Miranda."

|| LOL, yeah, I know. I love the random Griffindor comments. They sond so weird compared to our fancy words and stuff.||

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 pm
"You did" she said "what book?"  

Evil-ka-Nevil516

Drew Thirte3n

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:10 pm
The slight upward tilt of the girl's lips did not escape Carrigan. He stiffened slightly, hyperaware. He pretended his cheeks weren't warm. "I did notice, actually," he said faintly, putting a careful emphasis on the word 'did'; an upward inflection, like it was a question. He remembered the way her gaze had make him shiver, the prickling at the back of his neck. He laughed softly.

"I'm glad it makes you feel special, though I don't..." Carrigan caught himself drifting off mid sentence, just watching the girl more intensely than ever now that she was standing directly in his line of sight. He corrected himself, the pink setting his ears aflame. "I don't particularly see why."

He was quiet for a long moment, trying to find a way out of the situation without admitting that he had picked up the book just to occupy himself. In the end, he opted for the truth. "I was just... I grabbed the nearest book when I came in. Trying not to stare again..." he mumbled, voice becoming feeble and faint by the end of his sentence. His eyes angled towards the floor and off to the side, like a scolded child. "I'm Carrigan."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:22 am
The way Carrigan stumbled through all his sentences and kept drifting off made her feel bad for him. She wanted to give him a hug, but she thought this situation was awkward enough.

"Well, back home, I was always the freak who was left out and had no freinds or anything, so this is all new to me. I kindof like it.I've never had a boyfriend or anything either..." she drifted off, hoping he wouldn't hear that last part.

The way his eyes hit the floor when he was done talking made him look like an orphan or something. Now she couldn't help it. She hugged him, but her "Oh-my-god-what-is-he-going-to-think?" instinct made her turn away. Much to her suprise, she was now the one staring at the floor.

mirmirfied5

Drew Thirte3n

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:57 am
Carrigan did hear the last part. He felt slightly remorseful that she had been subjected to that kind of treatment in her own neighbourhood, but his inexperience with conversing with anyone made it difficult for him to decide exactly how to feel in the situation. But that last part... He cleared his throat awkwardly, and by now, his blush was too strong for him to even begin to pretend it wasn't there. She had a lot in common with him; it was going to make things difficult in the long run.

"I think it's safe to say I haven't exactly been involved in a relationship before, either; not even a particularly solid friendship," he murmured, trying to answer her statement without putting too much focus on the 'boyfriend' bit; he knew if they were really so similar, they were both much too embarassed to really want to dwell on things that would make it worse. "If I can be so bold as to copy you... back home, I never really talked to anyone. I thought I was better than them all; or that they weren't up to my standard. Anyone I decided that was, didn't enjoy my company because they thought I was overbearing and... stuck up."

Then she came forward and embraced him. The Ravenclaw boy made a startled squeak in his throat, biting his lip. He was going to try and return the hasty hug when she pulled back, somewhat to his relief. His heart had picked up upon contact; it pounded hard enough to make Carrigan tremble. "I--" he started, but Miranda turned her back to him and looked to the floor, much like he had. He stared at the curve of her spine in something resembling frustration, reaching out after a moment of fierce inner conflict to touch her shoulder very, very lightly. "I-I'm sorry if this seems abrupt, but... may I touch you?" he said, and snatched his hand back, as though realizing what he was doing.

|| Lawl, they're so cute. ||

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:25 am
Miranda was suprised at how alike they were. This was weird. Like having a twin brother that she never knew about.
For the first time in her life, she was at a loss for words.

"I was kindof like that when I was a kid too. Only backwards. I was always wishing I could be like the "popular" kids, but once I met them, I decided that they weren't good enough for me. I don't see why anyone would think that about you, though, you seem ok to me..."

She was even more suprised that he didn't push her away when she hugged her. Then he asked "May I touch you?". Which pushed her over the edge of surprisedness. Now it was more like flabbergastion. He was so old fashioned, and she couldn't resit it.

"Of course you can." she replied, turning around to face him again.

mirmirfied5

Drew Thirte3n

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:57 am
Carrigan smiled internally at her comment, though it was a sarcastic one. She obviously hadn't seen how he acted around other-other people. He was trying at Hogwarts, though, genuinely trying, because he was stuck here for the majority of a year... for seven years. He had to get along. The boy found it highly ironic of her attitude towards what she considered the "popular" kids; she was one of the smarter people. One of the ones who actually realized the problem and avoided it.

As the Ravenclaw girl turned around, he found himself faced with a situation once more; he wasn't really used to doing what he was. Talking. Interacting. Enjoying it. Carrigan's face still retained the same heavy flush as before, spreading down his neck now, and disappearing beneath the collar of his robes. His entire body would be red by the end of this, he just knew. "Thank you," he said weakly to her aquiescence, hesitating before putting his hands on her shoulders. He held them there for a long minute, still trembling, which was not a good thing. Miranda could doubtless feel it; and Carrigan did not like letting others know when he was uncomfortable. But he forced himself to follow through with his own suggestion, shifting his palms slightly so that the edges of his fingers touched the skin just above the collar of her heavy Ravenclaw robes. His heartbeat jumpstarted, and suddenly contact was too much, and he dropped his hands, his breathing slightly off-kilter. "I-I'm sorry," he apologized, stuttering. His eyes were overbright, lips parted as he breathed shallowly through his mouth, ears bright red. "That was much too forward of me... we've only just met. Forgive me."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am
Miranda looks at Kaylee. "I just got done with Voldemort, The One We Fear, well atleast I don't fear him. It's really good, trust me." She shows Kaylee the book. "That's why I love the Restricted Section."  

GunBANG

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:13 am
"Yea I Guess so" she said looking at the book "Hmm I wonder what else is in there" she whispere
((OMG I just had an idea why don't we make a grounds roleplaying topic You know like roleplaying on the hogwarts ground and the lake))

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:24 am
Miranda ran back into the Restricted Section and put the book back on the shelf. She ran back to Kaylee. "I'm back."
((Good idea, I just made a new topic for it ^^))

GunBANG

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am
"So now what" ((yea I noticed))  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games