Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOggy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:26 pm
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Yeah the recording thing . . . sweatdrop Keyword was something that EVERYONE can do. I was thinking about a treasure hunt. Of course it wouldn't be that simple. First off everything would be in riddles, so they would first have to solve the riddles, and then they would have to like get certain gaian items, find a certain thread, find a certain person on the member list, go online and find images of instrument, find midis of certain music, find certain sheet music and so on and so on.

-likes that idea, and treasure-

Treasure... tasty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:57 pm
Ergh gaia keeps eating my post. Anyways I would need some help and stuff to do the treasure hunt and more than just fiary wings as prizes. Do you think the members would do it? I mean with fiary wings as the grand prize? I also know a way, for the people who want to help, to talk to one another on gaia without having other members reading about the riddles and stuff.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Psychotic Hammer Assassin

Eloquent Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:53 am
Hi admins! biggrin

I was wondering if you guys would invite orangeage and Meletina. They're my friends from band and would love to join.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:10 am
white_rabbit7
Hi admins! biggrin

I was wondering if you guys would invite orangeage and Meletina. They're my friends from band and would love to join.

I'm sure that can be arranged.  

iOggy

RinoaHeartilly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:30 am
Masquanade
Ergh gaia keeps eating my post. Anyways I would need some help and stuff to do the treasure hunt and more than just fiary wings as prizes. Do you think the members would do it? I mean with fiary wings as the grand prize? I also know a way, for the people who want to help, to talk to one another on gaia without having other members reading about the riddles and stuff.

It'd be great if we could use what's in the guild account right about now. >.>

I personally think that the wings will work just fine. Even people who already have them would probably enter because of what they're worth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:50 am
RinoaHeartilly
Masquanade

I personally think that the wings will work just fine. Even people who already have them would probably enter because of what they're worth.

Does anyone have any other ideas for prizes? Anyone have anything they could donate? And who like to help me with this?  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:22 pm
Masquanade
RinoaHeartilly
Masquanade

Does anyone have any other ideas for prizes? Anyone have anything they could donate? And who like to help me with this?

Ill help with the riddle, i cant donate anything at the moment sad .  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:02 pm
My Statements:
1.) RE: The Job of the Admins...Does that mean I need to make fun of myself? Also, it would only be Shizankoff and iOggy...and maybe Diddle...a little (RHYMING IS FUN! heart ), but Rinoa, Silver, and Masq are failing thier duties!

2.) RE: The Contest:
Personally, I think the contest would have to be somehting a little more on the grand(er) scale. Considering the value of the wings, maybe a contest with more than 1 part. Multiple stages of the contest, all with point values, and the person with the most points would get the wings in the end. Possible ideas for stages:
a.) A writing piece on why thier instrument(s) in general are better than the rest. This will be judged by a select few. Each judge could rate the scale on a level of 1-5, on how convincing thier essay is. Their average scores will then be added into thier total score, (or each individual score added) to their points.
b.) An avatar contest (because those are so much fun). Points will be awarded to the various winners respectively
c.) A word search, maybe. The first person done being awarded so many points, and so on and so forth...

Just a few to maybe spark some other ideas.

Just a heads up, the date our internet is to be fixed got pushed back...again. To next wedensday. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for a week starting wedensday.  

Saint-Saens

iOggy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:18 pm
Saens's ideas are all beautiful. Definitely a multipart contest.

I could contribute...hmm. Well, I don't have all that much, actually. Just some Spirited stuff, a coupla Olympic shirts... would those be okay?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:50 pm
Saint- Failing my duties as what? A Mod or being mean to you? THe treasure is meant to be hard. I mean those are some things i could take into consideration into doing it. But . . . the only thing I don't know about is the whole writing a piece . . . I want something that is as fair as it can be. Some people are older than others and more experienced writers so I feel that may give more advantage to other people. But like I said I'll keep it up for consideration.

Oggy- Yeah I just have a bunch of event stuff. sweatdrop Olypmic shirts, easter baskets (this year and previous), some party hats and I do have an extra XL gaia t-shirt . . . and some extra nitemare boots and angelic boots . . . sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

iOggy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:28 am
I hereby show off my new Phoenix Circlet. YAY! Only 6k.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:10 am
iOggy

-applauds- i have some money to donate....$15 >D  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:13 am
Shizankoff
iOggy

w00t
I donated, but it was via snail mail, and I just mailed it off tomorrow . . . there were some difficulties sending it out. Hopefully itll make it there in time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:15 pm
Masquanade
Shizankoff
iOggy

w00t
I donated, but it was via snail mail, and I just mailed it off tomorrow . . . there were some difficulties sending it out. Hopefully itll make it there in time.

my friend did that once, becuase he sent the mail in the month of may, he got the may donation item, even though they recived the money in the month on june.  

Tubariffic
Captain

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 pm
Shizankoff
Masquanade
Shizankoff
iOggy

w00t

my friend did that once, becuase he sent the mail in the month of may, he got the may donation item, even though they recived the money in the month on june.

well that's good
hopefully i will get this month's donation item.
next month i'm sending it off earlier 3nodding  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games