Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:23 pm
Collowrath
When I return to Europe, it's one of the things I plan to change.

I actively do it up here in Canada, but I notice really no one uses it here as much. We were watching the Golden Compass today as part of the summer camp and I winced at the "gypsy" portrayal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:28 pm
Collowrath

Easier said than done, not associating with someone you work with, I mean. If it were me, I would give her the basic courtesy of anyone other stranger - but I wouldn't be offering up conversation or to bring her anything back for lunch, etc. I just hope everyone else there can get their heads out of their butts and realize how much that really hurt you.
I guess that has me so upset is the feeling of betrayal. She has litteraly, leaned on me and cried after a hard day of work. We're talking, I had to wash my uniform to remove the tears.

I considered her a friend. But in her eyes, I don't deserve the most basic forms of professionalism.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Easier said than done, not associating with someone you work with, I mean. If it were me, I would give her the basic courtesy of anyone other stranger - but I wouldn't be offering up conversation or to bring her anything back for lunch, etc. I just hope everyone else there can get their heads out of their butts and realize how much that really hurt you.
I guess that has me so upset is the feeling of betrayal. She has litteraly, leaned on me and cried after a hard day of work. We're talking, I had to wash my uniform to remove the tears.

I considered her a friend. But in her eyes, I don't deserve the most basic forms of professionalism.

Wow. That makes it just that much worse. :/ Betrayal is something I've found to be distinctly unforgivable.

Has she made any peaceful overtures? Or does she continue to act as if you're in the wrong for not wanting to be insulted? Would it matter if she did try to rectify the situation?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 pm
Collowrath

Wow. That makes it just that much worse. :/ Betrayal is something I've found to be distinctly unforgivable.

Has she made any peaceful overtures? Or does she continue to act as if you're in the wrong for not wanting to be insulted? Would it matter if she did try to rectify the situation?
At this point, I really don't want anything to do with her. She is mistreated for her socio-economic condition, but I gave her a fair shake anyway, even offered money out of my own pocket to make sure she and her family could eat.

She never apologized, not even in a "I'm sorry, but..." sort of way. So, I don't see me having any contact with her again.  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 pm
There are just some things that frustrate me and irk me beyond words.

You were my friend once; you were down-to-earth and level-headed and easy to talk to. Now you're a passive-aggressive b***h who acts like being married has somehow put you in a class above me. If it wouldn't kill you, I'd love to slap you and give you a good shake back into reality.

I'm so sick of seeing weddings. I'm so sick of newlyweds.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:05 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

At this point, I really don't want anything to do with her. She is mistreated for her socio-economic condition, but I gave her a fair shake anyway, even offered money out of my own pocket to make sure she and her family could eat.

She never apologized, not even in a "I'm sorry, but..." sort of way. So, I don't see me having any contact with her again.

Wow. Way to be a friend huh? In that position, I'd have felt the same way you are and reacted in much the same manner. Save yourself the time and energy and money. She should know better! I guess she dug her hole, now she can wallow in it.  

Collowrath

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 pm
Looking at a situation and realising that you can't defend your faith in a sane way and it is better to walk away is a hard thing to do.

Yet I had to a few days ago.

Every year my city has an Emancipation Day celebration. My mom took me and sis down there because she like Mo-town music, and they were playing it. It mostly wasn't bad, until I saw someone who I went to high school with.

At a booth.

Selling runes and things with runes on them.

Nevermind that she had drawn some of them wrong (Othala was upside-down at a point where it clearly wasn't supposed to be (not a bindrune, not some sort of design, more in a list of them and just upside-down for no discernable reason) and Fehu was just drawn wrong), nevermind that she was advertising them as nothing more than an alphabet and a universal divination medium, nevermind that the entire thing made NO ******** SENSE, the fact that it was an Emancipation Day festival just caused the cosmic irony levels to reach astronomic proportions. And me to see red.

I stood there for a few minutes trying to put together a tangible thought on how to address this to her without leaping over the table or calling her seven kinds of a moron, but the words didn't come.

Well, that's a bad way of putting it. Words came, but there were more along the line of pure insults that would have done nothing to correct the situation, followed by a strong need to enact physical violence on this person for decontextualising my religion down to a thing and then putting those things on head bands.

I couldn't quite perceive anything but anger at the time, but when I got away from the situation, I was disappointed. Disappointed in what I saw, disappointed in my lack of ability to do anything helpful and disappointed that had I done anything but walk away and imagine that person dying in creative ways it would have ended in me yelling at her about what a culturally insensitive and discriminatory b***h she is. And I don't actually want to know what the reprecussions of that would have been.

Over all, it was disappointing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:21 pm
Hey Celeblin, how were those drawn?  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm
TeaDidikai
The ones in question? They were splattered about a bristolboard at the front, and as I said Othala was upside down for no discernable reason to me and Fehu and Oss were undifferentiated.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:13 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
The ones in question? They were splattered about a bristolboard at the front, and as I said Othala was upside down for no discernable reason to me and Fehu and Oss were undifferentiated.
Up to knocking something out in paint? I'm curious.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:31 pm
Here:

User Image

As you can see, Oss and Fehu were basically two Fs. I think I've only rarely seen Othala with the ends like thatso that's probably why I can't remember which way they went exactly. Unless she was trying to draw Ingwaz and I totally missed something.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:46 pm
I don't know if I will ever be able to be in the same room with you without knowing exactly where you are. I don't know if I will ever be able to look in your direction with apathetic notions instead of the pangs I currently feel.

You're still an a*****e and I wish that everyone who laughs with you could see that.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:20 pm
Any day you get to eat is a good day.

Today doesn't look like it's going to be a good day for me.

At least I was intending to try to trim down.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm
I'm sorry that happened, Tea. That sort of betrayal is a nasty awful thing, especially from someone you cared for and was friends with.

She doesn't deserve your company or your care. You are beyond justified to deny her it.

(edit: oops, part of a post meant for the chat thread ended up here)  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:20 pm
My HR department is considering adding g~ to it's course on Harassment as an example of slurs that aren't commonly thought to be such but should be avoided.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games