Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
BACK FROM THE DEAD KINDA. Questing? GET IN HERE, TELL ME. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 203 204 205 206 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:05 pm
Yeah my main question would be "Who would be in charge of it?"

Many different guilds each with their own Admins/mods. Now it wouldn't be fair if we just took on over since their viewpoints are very different from ours, so this could get feisty.

Basically the only good we can get out of this is new recruits, an alliance, meeting new people, etc. Not much to withold now is it?

There are more negative side effects to this in my opinion, so I wouldn't really want this happening, but if theres a way to make things work then count me in.

As for the alliance plan, we didn't really plan it out much, since it was basically me asking TFGG if they wanted to alliance with APG... haha. xp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:40 pm
A table I made:

[GOOD]:
- New members

- More solidarity between other Asian guilds

- Since APG is made up of different Asian groups, it could serve as a checkpoint for all Asian guilds

[BAD]:
- Disputes over rules, policies, etc.

- APG could be dragged into disputes that are between allied guilds and their rivals (if any).

- Partner guilds limited to one ethnicity (Filipino Gaian Guild, Japanese Guild, International Chinese Unite,etc) might think APG (a large guild with all Asian members combined) would overshadow them.  

Tahimek
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gaian

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:55 pm
Although there are 3 each to their own, the bad cases definitely override the good ones. confused

We'll see what we can do though, right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:42 pm
Tahimek
- Partner guilds limited to one ethnicity (Filipino Gaian Guild, Japanese Guild, International Chinese Unite,etc) might think APG (a large guild with all Asian members combined) would overshadow them.
Definitely the biggest problem.

I can see why other guilds would think we would just take over, but we don't want to do that. I think the most we should do is list all of Gaia's Asian guilds on the Home page. That way, our members know there are other existing guilds that might interest them.

I think the APG could be a gathering place for the Asians of other guilds. They could post here and get to meet other Asians like themselves, but then they could go back to the guilds that represent their specific nationalities if they want to meet more of their own people. I think the guild alliance could work, as long as we don't try to do too much without other guilds' consent.  

King Henry
Crew

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 pm
A thought just occured about the whole big um...
Guild where all the Asian guilds kinda branch into...
Would they branch into us?...
Cause we aren't just one ethnicity...
We're pretty much all those Asian nations...
I'm not sure if this was brought up already...
Bleh of maybe this was the idea...
For all those single ethnic guilds to branch to us...
>.<...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:31 pm
i don`t think much good will come out of an alliance with the other asian guilds because yeahh. there`ll be alot of conflict&&stuff. just seems to have more negative aspects then positive ones.

&&i don`t really agree with henry`s idea either. cuz that`s like advertising other guilds? i dunno anymore if that`s against the rules or not anymore [[bad mod, i promise i will reread them. later.]]

nevermind. i reread the rules&&it`s not really against the rules. but really if you think about it. if our members go to the other asian guilds they could become less active in our guild&&maybe even eventually leave. i know we have some supah loyal members who can handle being active members in more then one guild but some of the other members may just leave us completely. &&i know sometimes some of the members don`t follow the rules but it`s not really a good thing to lose members. ]:
mmkay. just ignore me. i make no sense >.<

haha i dunno. i don`t have a say in this since i`m barely ever on anymore.

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:46 am
So it's pretty much like a Hope for Guild Survival thing. xp

Anyways, back to MY topics, I completely love my friend for making me a whole new background. Hand drawn with some added effects. What I can't believe is that she actually had fun making it. domokun heart

Original drawing

plus addition = finished BG

There were more because she was sooo indecisive, but a few is good enough. dramallama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:47 pm
wow patrick. your friend is really really talented. [:  

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

djTAKA
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:26 pm
Really really talented. No wonder she's T.A.G. Bahaha~
Strange enough, she's my age. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 am
Thats amazing!...
But what's T.A.G?...
neutral ...  

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:21 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Thats amazing!...
But what's T.A.G?...
neutral ...
Talented and Gifted. I think they have a special program for those type of kids. I hear they're very smart..x3  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:50 pm
You guys actually took my suggestion seriously and wasted at least 5 posts on it xd  

Animaznboy

Tahimek
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:14 am
Animaznboy
You guys actually took my suggestion seriously and wasted at least 5 posts on it xd
*sarcastically* Oh gawd, I just wasted five posts of my life gonk !!!

It's a good thing we at least had a discussion about the guild though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:48 am
Mizuki Lee
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
Thats amazing!...
But what's T.A.G?...
neutral ...
Talented and Gifted. I think they have a special program for those type of kids. I hear they're very smart..x3

Oh man, you don't even know...

I already know about 5 kids who have at least 2-3 Advanced Placement classes, 2 in which are in one of the hardest, AP US History, The official Fun-sucker of classes. gonk

Yeah, good discussion guys. Something needed to happen with the guild for a moment. rolleyes

djTAKA
Crew

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:30 pm
Ew why would someone want to be super smart?...
Hahaha when I read "Talented and Gifted"...
I thought of the X-Men...
neutral ...  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 203 204 205 206 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games