Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Library! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:53 pm
"Its against the rules to go in her Miranda" she said following her picking up a charms book  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:36 pm
Once again muttering to himself, as he often did, Carrigan stepped lightly into the Library. It was considerably empty, almost desolate, in the cloudy afternoon light that filtered through the dusty windows. He held several thick Charms books beneath his arm, but was also planning on taking out even more. With a sigh, the dark haired boy slipped down a side aisle, where the bookshelves towered over him and felt like they would tumble in and crush his body if he touched the wood wrong.

"Charms... Charms... Charms... oh, come on," he murmured, lighting his fingers over the titles of every book which looked vaguely suitable, only to find they weren't what he was expecting. His brown eyes narrowed.

Drew Thirte3n

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:39 pm
"Whos that" she said and whispered to her self and ran over to him "Hi I'm kaylee whats your name and can you help me find a transfiguration book" she asked  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:12 pm
Upon being approached, Carrigan whirled around a little too quickly for dignity, his eyes widening very slightly at the interruption. He willed his breathing to calm down, his heart picking up unconsciously.

"Forgive me," he said softly, realizing he probably looked quite a sight to be jumping and starting at the smallest of noises. "You startled me."

He paused and bit on the end of his thumb. "My name is Carrigan... i-it's nice to meet you... Kaylee, was it?"

Carrigan had more than half a mind to end the conversation then and there, but he remembered his manners and tried a smile. "A Transfiguration book? Well, what is it you're looking for? Specifically? You should be able to find the Transfiguration books in general by following the labels on the shelves-" he pointed at the label reading 'Charms' on the particular shelf across from him "-but when you get into specifications... it could get more difficult to find what you're looking for."

Drew Thirte3n

Evil-ka-Nevil516

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:16 pm
"Thanks and thats Miranda" she said pointing to her "see you later." she said and walked over to the Transfiguration section and picked out a book suitable for a first year "Here we go" she said taking the book and went to the check out section "Can I check out these books" she said then picked up the books and went back to the Gyriffendor common room waving bye to Carrigan And Miranda as she left  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:47 pm
"Hi, Carrigan, I'm Miranda, and this is Stardust." Miranda points at her owl. "I take her everwhere with me. I'm going back to the Restricted Section, if you'd like to come." Miranda shrugs as she goes even further in the Restricted Section. "It's not like I'll be caught or anything, right?" She stops at an isle and picks up a very thick book. "Woah, I so have to look at this..." Miranda sits down and opens a book called Voldemort, The One We Fear. Miranda opens the book and begins to start deeply reading it. "Cool, this book is awesome." She looks back at the book and reads it more. "It's going to take a while for me to finish this." Miranda soflt strokes Stardust on the head. She begins to read again.  

GunBANG

Anneko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:43 am
Anneko ducks into the library, carrying a small, fluffy cat under one arm. She begins reading the spines of various books. After a little while, the cat jumps down and finds a chair to curl up on. He sniffs the air a little, then goes to sleep.

"Well, I can see you're going to be no help, Mohinder." Anneko sighs, stopping to scratch his ears before continuing through the stacks.

=^__^=
Anneko  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:01 am
Carrigan looked both weary and confused at being confronted yet again. Murmuring a soft word to himself, he aimed another half-smile in Miranda's direction.

"Nice to meet you, Miranda. And... er- Stardust." He nodded at her owl as a pale afterthought, distracted. As the Ravenclaw student began to drift down the aisles into the Restricted Section, his face grew wary. "I'd prefer I stay here," he said weakly. "The Charms books I need should be available without entering the Restricted Section."

Because it's restricted for a reason.

With another small, muttered word, Carrigan turned back to the dusty shelves and resumed fingering their worn spines, although now, his movements were altogether tense and jumpy.

Drew Thirte3n

MikeDrawl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:29 am
*Fearless walks towards one of the empty tables*
She is feeling too down to be talking to someone. She still have to finish reading Charms and Potions. And she got a howler from home. It exploded in the common room and everybody laughed at her. It was so embarrassing. "I guess I have the worst luck on the whole wide world..." She muttered to herself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:00 pm
Kaylee walked back into the libary "Hey miranda where are you"she whispered down the restricted section  

Evil-ka-Nevil516

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:03 pm
Miranda walks into the Library, carring her usual pile of books, takes a deep breath in, and plops down on the nearest chair. She begins mumbling, not exactly to herself, but not to anyone particular, either. "Ah, the library. Best room in the whole school. Althought it could be a little bigger... Oh well." She takes another deep breath. "Don't you just love that smell? It's the smell of knowledge. The smell of wisdom. And that sound. Like the sound of leaves rustling across the grond on a cool autumn day. The words are begging to be read. The pages, begging to be turned." She gets up and wanders over to a random shelf and picks up a book and begins reading.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:43 pm
Hearing the softly spoken words of a fellow Ravenclaw first year, Carrigan's ears perked. While he normally did not enjoy people's company - purely because he felt uncomfortable around them, not because he didn't like them - he felt something familiar in the way the girls poke fervently to herself. She seemed to share the same love of books as he did, and... that was something rare in and of itself.

He peered around the bookshelves until he caught sight of the girl who had spoken. She currently had her nose buried in a book, which made him smile. A real smile, this time. After a moment of quite watching, he went back to scouring the shelves, drifting around the side of one to search the next aisle down. The room got dustier and warmer as the sun sank lower in the sky, and several times he had to stifle a small sneeze.

Drew Thirte3n

mirmirfied5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Miranda looked up, if only for a milisecond, from her book, to see a figure turning into the next shelf of books. Thinking nothing of it, she went back to reading.
Then it hit her. Probed her mind for what seemed like an eternity, though she knew it was just a few seconds, if that. Was he watching her?? She couldn't stop thinking about it. She tried to go back to her book, but it didn't work.
Giving up for the night, she checked out the book and packed up her stuff. Before she walked out, though, she peeked around the corner of the shelf he was in and was about to say bye, but decided against it. She knew she had no chance. She hurried out and up to the common room, stopping at the kitchens breifly to get a snack.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:23 pm
Miranda runs to Kaylee. "Sorry, I just got done with the best book!"  

GunBANG

Drew Thirte3n

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:44 pm
Carrigan realized the girl he had been watching was watching him when he felt a prickling sensation spread from the nape of his neck, causing the fine, dark hairs there to stand up. He shivered slightly, discomfitted to be under her brief stare. Her footsteps echoed as she scurried from the room, fading quickly in the dull murmur of the castle itself.

He sighed once she had left, lowering his hands from where they made gentle fingerprints in the fine layer of dust. Carrigan, too, hasted to leave the Library, at last giving up his quest to find an appropriate Charms book, and he didn't cast a glance back as the heavy door swung shut behind him.

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 128 129 130 131 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games