Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:50 am
commissar ibram gaunt
I'm looking for some new books to add to my private library.
The Eisenhorn trilogy is top-notch, as are Titanicus and the Night Lord novels. I also highly recommend the Horus Heresy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:21 am
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
I'm looking for some new books to add to my private library.
The Eisenhorn trilogy is top-notch, as are Titanicus and the Night Lord novels. I also highly recommend the Horus Heresy. 3nodding

the Eisenhorn trilogy im guessing is about the inquisition yes? ill pass on that for now if it is. i have read a few books on the inquisition, the Gideon Ravenor books and to an extint the book grey knights (grey knights being sanctioned to the inquisition) as well as a few sections where inquisitors pop up in the gaunt's ghosts novels have turned me away from inquisitors in general... tending to rattle on and on about things i really don't get what there talking about. now the Horus Heresy...

wasn't Horus a warmaster under the emperor who turned on the imperium for some reason and took half the space marine legions with him and started a civil war that stretched right to Terra its self before the emperor killed him while being mortally wounded him self resulting in his body being placed on the golden throne with in a stasis field to keep him from ever truly expiring while Horus's forces where chased off into the eye of terror?  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:59 am
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
I'm looking for some new books to add to my private library. I have over 40 Black library published works so far and I need to replace 2 that have gone missing over the last 5 years. Any good books I should add to it? I have looked at Black library and Games work-shop but only found 7 that just sang out to me. (Salvation's Reach is getting added no matter what, I just got to complete my collection of Gaunt's Ghosts books)

What do you have so far? I have a large collection and many of them I would definitely recommend.

heres my collection includeing one i want to get, salvation's reach is already on the way.

new books Ill be adding to my collection
1 Salvation's Reach
2 The Imperial Infantryman's Handbook
3 Sabbat Worlds Anthology
4 Baneblade
5 Insignium Astartes
6 The Lost
7 Hive of the dead

books i once had that where borrowed and never returned (need to replace them)
1 Trator General
2 Fifteen Hours

books on my shelves right now (the 40k related ones any ways) (updated)
1 Blood Pact (hard back)
2 Only in Death (hard back)
3 First & Only
4 Ghostmaker
5 Necropolis
6 Honour Guard
7 The Guns of Tanith
8 Straight Silver
9 Sabbat Martyr
10 His Last Command
11 Armour of Contempt
12 Nightbringer
13 Double Eagle
14 Wolf's Honour
15 Grey Hunter
16 The Traitors Hand
17 Death or Glory
18 Space Wolf
19 Ragnar's Claw
20 Grey Knights
21 Heros of the Space Marines (omnibus?)
22 Sons of Fenris
23 Wolf Blade (damaged misssing cover)
24 Thirteenth Legion
25 Kill Team
26 Annihilation Squad
27 Gunheads
28 Ravenor
29 Ravenor Returned
30 Ravenor Rogue
31 Faith & Fire
32 Duty Calls
33 Cains Last Stand
34 Death World
35 Rebel Winter
36 The Founding (omnibus)
37 The Saint (omnibus)
38 The Last Chancers
39 Conquest of Armageddon
40 Dawn or War: Tempest
41 Ice Guard
42 Cadian Blood
43 Mercy Run
44 Flesh and Iron
45 Dawn of War II
46 Lord or Night
47 Planetkill
48 The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer: Damocles Gulf Edition (damaged missing 4 pages in the back torn out by my brother for smoking paper)
49 Imperial Munitorum Manual

that's just the ones i can recall off the top of my head, there's possibly more stashed away in trunks some where in my house.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:38 am
commissar ibram gaunt
wasn't Horus a warmaster under the emperor who turned on the imperium for some reason and took half the space marine legions with him and started a civil war that stretched right to Terra its self before the emperor killed him while being mortally wounded him self resulting in his body being placed on the golden throne with in a stasis field to keep him from ever truly expiring while Horus's forces where chased off into the eye of terror?
In short, yes. 3nodding

But there is a lot more to it than just that. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:58 am
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
In short, yes. 3nodding

just making sure i was on the same page as you. when it comes to that time, i only know what my old scout buddy would preach on about. how ever im done spending for this month. it seams yesterday, i let my love of old things get the better of me up in kansas and i bought an old wooded office desk from about the 40's or 50's. took up most of my pocket cash, the rest of this months pay has gone to fixing up my house and paying bills leaving only what i spent on the rule book and salvations reach, and the desk plus food money. think you can send me a list of books related to Horus so i can set about finding them to buy for next month?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:54 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
In short, yes. 3nodding

just making sure i was on the same page as you. when it comes to that time, i only know what my old scout buddy would preach on about. how ever im done spending for this month. it seams yesterday, i let my love of old things get the better of me up in kansas and i bought an old wooded office desk from about the 40's or 50's. took up most of my pocket cash, the rest of this months pay has gone to fixing up my house and paying bills leaving only what i spent on the rule book and salvations reach, and the desk plus food money. think you can send me a list of books related to Horus so i can set about finding them to buy for next month?
I'd start with Horus Rising and move on from there.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:56 pm
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
In short, yes. 3nodding

I'd start with Horus Rising and move on from there.

will do, but i cant think about that stuff right now, im really freaked out at the moment. im scared and nothing scares me like this...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Also, the first post of this thread contains a somewhat up to date list of all Horus Heresy books published thus far, in chronological order of release.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:04 pm
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
Also, the first post of this thread contains a somewhat up to date list of all Horus Heresy books published thus far, in chronological order of release.

okay, ill try to look at it in a few days if nothing bad happens... im kind of distracted at the moment...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:20 am
I'm just re-reading Nocturne and if there was a movie featuring Salamanders, I would love to see Idris Alba, Colin Salmon, Terry Crewes and if he was still alive: Michael Clarke Duncan in the roles, with Duncan providing the voice of Tu' Shan and Idris Alba providing the role of Vulkan He'stan.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am
Slogging through good old "Let the Galaxy Burn"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 am
I need to make another stab at Rynn's World, especially if I'm thinking about running Crimson Fists...  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:04 am
DarkElf27
I need to make another stab at Rynn's World, especially if I'm thinking about running Crimson Fists...
Good luck with that one, I found it a boring read, filled with horrible foreshadowing and hinting at things to come, I couldn't finish it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:17 am
I actually have only two of these, I got Faith and Fire and the Legion of the Damned books.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 am
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Good luck with that one, I found it a boring read, filled with horrible foreshadowing and hinting at things to come, I couldn't finish it.
That was sort of my issue, I got about a quarter of the way through it, and it seemed like nothing had happened... At all. sweatdrop  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games