Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:41 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch

That's it he was cursed that's all there was too it. David couldn't find the bloody snitch to safe his soul. He'd literally sunk to the lowest of low when it came to a Seeker's goal in life. He hadn't even found it all day, it was like his mind wasn't in the game.

With: Quidditch team

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
AC: 17
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Rawwry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:12 pm
User Image
You are the melody that plays through my veins
Over and over, again and again
Your sweet affection, I know it won't change

════════════════════════
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 || 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 || ℭ𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣
════════════════════════

Caitlin dodged Tanya one last time before reaching the goals. She almost greeted Alex this time, but bit her tongue instead. She'd have to let her team to the shots now, seeing as she had hogged the quaffle quite a bit. Cait reeled her arm back and shot the scarlet ball toward the goal posts.

Gold Team
Position: Chaser
AC: 18
Modifiers: (+7 on shots) (+7 on steals)
Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe.
Goals: 2
[3/3]
[ cat_3nodding ][ cat_3nodding ][ cat_3nodding ]

════════════════════════
OOC:

A song would last for ever
Further than the sky above
For ever on, cause this is love

User Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron was so incredibly close to hitting Tanya with a bludger when Ronna swooped down and sent it back at him. Instead of attempting to get out of the way, the seventh year swung his bat, aiming it back towards Ronna.

Team: Gold
Armour Class: +17
Aiming At: Veronica Kiss
People Hit: 3
Bludgers Blocked: 0
Modifiers: (hitting bludger +7)
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Total Roll: 10
Hit Bludger: 4+ without Modifier
Block Bludger: 16+
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

Format by XxXDevil-Chan

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria flung her broom and body to the left goalpost which was where the quaffle that Caitlin threw seemed to be heading. This shot didn't seem as precise and powerful as the others, but the second year would still try her very best to catch it.

Team: Red
Armour Class: +13
Shots Blocked: 1
Shots Missed: 3
Modifiers: (blocking goals +5)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 23
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 pm
User Image
User Image

The quaffle landed in Alexandria's hands. Finally, she saved another shot. Still, more than half of them had gone through. Idly, the second year wondered if Crash was having better luck on the other side of the pitch. With a toss, the quaffle flew towards Tanya.

Team: Red
Armour Class: +13
Shots Blocked: 2
Shots Missed: 3
Modifiers: (blocking goals +5)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Rosabella, just as she had tried to do to Xavier earlier, attempted to intercept the pass from Alexandria to Tanya. So far, this seemed to be what she could keep up with the most because the rest of the game seemed to be going so quickly.

Team: Gold
Goals: 1
Armour Class: +12
Modifiers: (stealing quaffle +2) (shooting quaffle +2)
Skills: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
Total Roll: 2
Score: + than keeper
Steal: + than AC

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10 pm
User Image
User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 13
Year at Hogwarts: 3rd year
Height: 5'5"

Ah, bloody Hell. This so better miss or I better be able to dodge.

Ronna's eye fell onto Cameron and she knew who his target was before the bat even hit the bludger: it was her. She seriously hoped that the bludger would miss or she could manage to dodge it, that Cameron's bad luck kept going. If she was hit by any bludger at this point she was going to be down, she knew it. She closed her eyes and focused as the bludger hit the bat, the question was how fast the bludger was and how fast she was. Her blue eyes snapped open and narrowed as the bludger came towards her and she was surprised she only had to do a simple dive to dodge the bludger: it was definitely an off game for Cameron. Actually it was an off game for pretty much everyone who was trying out for beater, except her. And if anyone paid attention she wasn't exactly the peak of health at the moment making her an easy target. Wouldn't strategically for try outs it would be smartest to take out the pest. Thankfully, there was only two people competing for a beater position on the gold team, since Jacob had a position secured as the Vice Captain, but still.

No matter how safe she played it, she couldn't dodge bludgers forever, and she had made the decision while she wasn't going to solely aim at anyone at this point in tryouts, she was going to make an attempt to block any bludgers that came towards her teammates which still put her at risk of being taken down again. Besides, no matter how well she did, she really didn't expect to be put on the team even as reserve considering last year. This was more of a show to prove she was making an attempt to change for the better and the extra practice never hurt. But when it came to extra practice what did it matter about hitting people at this point? She had hit so many already- and she always had been able to do that with some accuracy, even back in first year on occasion. No, she would use this opportunity to master something she was just beginning to tackle-blocking a bludger from hitting a fellow teammate. That wasn't something she could practice back home-hitting a target with a bat and ball she could do that even in a muggle town like Hawkinge her hometown.

Doing: At the Quidditch Pitch for Try-outs
[Wearing: Try-Out Clothes]

Position: Beater/Red Team
Aiming at:
Roll: __ + 4 -2 =
People Hit: 8
Bludgers Blocked: 3
Lost All Lives: 1 time (healed with healing potion)

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I) -2 (loss life)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [X] [O]

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch

That's it he was cursed that's all there was too it. David couldn't find the bloody snitch to safe his soul. He'd literally sunk to the lowest of low when it came to a Seeker's goal in life. He hadn't even found it all day, it was like his mind wasn't in the game.

With: Quidditch team

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: PLEASE DON'T BE 7!!!!! DAMN IT!!! THAT'S WORSE THEN A 7.... gonk
19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:14 am
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob watched the game progress quietly. It was probably a good thing that tryouts would be ending soon, as he glanced toward Elli. Well, now all that was left was figuring out the team. His ribs hurt too much for trying to yell, and probably let off a whistle. Instead, he let off a series of bangs from his wand, having tucked his bat under his arm. He then looked around, hopefully catching everyone's attention. "Okay, great job everyone! Let's head on down to the ground and Elli and I will discuss the team position. If you're able, please collect the balls so that we can put them away. Thank you!" He then landed, wincing as the landing jostled his ribs and sucking in a breath to ease the pain. He waited for everyone to land so that he and Elli could get down to business.

Position: Gold Team Beater
Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +7 (-1)
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: biggrin biggrin biggrin gonk

----------------------------------
State: Determined
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:33 am
User Image
User Image

Oh my God I could totally kiss Jacob right now! I don't know how much longer I could have lasted.

Ronna watched as the game proceeded, playing very cautiously by this point, her breath heavier, and a slight bead of sweat rolling down her forehead as she sat leaned forward on her broom, bat in her right hand. Suddenly she heard the sound of a whistle and looked up to see it come from Jacob. He was calling try-outs to a conclusion. She let out a long breath of relief, it had been stressful knowing how worn out she was and still pushing herself some. And, it would be interesting to hear how Elli and Jacob decided to stack up the team. She already figured she wasn't going to be on it-it didn't matter about how good or bad she did in try-outs, she couldn't erase the stain of her bad impression from last year. But, it had been fun, and she got some practice in, and it was stress relieving-mostly... though she still wasn't sure her nose had healed straight and it wasn't like she had brought a pocket mirror with her.

When Jacob asked for them to collect balls if they were able, she remembered the bludger Cameron had hit towards her that had missed her not too long ago. It should still be close. Besides bludgers tended to be attracted to people-so as long as you were careful about their disagreeable temperament it wouldn't be that taxing to catch. And it was something to distract her.

It only took her a minute to locate the bludger and she ducked once as it decided to come at her and she whacked it with her bat a bit like a bad puppy on the nose with a newspaper and scooped it up in the crook of her arm and she swore it was grumbling at her as she landed on the ground below. She was half tempted to just fall on her back into the grass, but instead set down her broom and bat, and held the bludger tightly to her abdomen and waited, trying to be patient and not even noticing her fingers tapped the bludger impatiently. She was sure she wasn't going to be on the team or reserves but she was curious about the rest of the team, still.

Position: Trying Out for Beater-Was on the Red Team

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I) -2 (loss life)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:52 pm
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: hopeful] [thinking: things better go smoother than last year...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby was looking around for another bludger to hit when the tryouts were called as over. He sighed quietly with a sinking feeling in his stomach. No, this had not been a good day for Quidditch for him. He'd probably done worse than last year. In fact, he was certain he had done better last year. Jacob told them to collect the balls, so he went after a bludger and tackled it, holding it tightly to his chest as he landed. The third year boy sat there in silent anxiety, holding onto the bludger.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

GOLD TEAM
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 14
Mods: +3 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Hmm... Toby looks glum. Why be so glum before the results are even out?

Ronna seeing Toby land and sit down walked over feeling like it was a good excuse to sit down herself because she was pretty worn out herself. And, Toby looked like his pet dog had been run over. She sat down on her knees beside him, figuring it was a good distraction and she might as well make up with her petty fight she had picked up with Toby from Advance Flying last year. And, he was probably one of the easier people to ask forgiveness from.

"Mind if I join you? Rough try-outs, huh?" She said glancing at the bludger in his hands and then the one she was holding tight to her stomach, and despite the fact her tank top was black she could see the darker spots where her own blood was from when she had her nose broken. "Well, no reason to be so glum. We don't know results yet. Besides, you totally have a better chance on the team than I do," She added looking over at him with a smile and let out a laugh. "I'd offer a hand and say truce but I'm not sure if I want to let this little monster have any extra wiggle room. How about let's pretend I'm extending the hand of friendship as I ask, 'How about a truce?' I mean I actually, hadn't intended to try-out or even take Advance Flying this year by the end of last year... but I figured that me showing up and showing I am making an attempt at changing was the best way to ask for forgiveness."

Position: Trying Out for Beater-Was on the Red Team

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 pm
User Image

I've paid my duesTime after time.
I've done my sentenceBut committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

I am the champion, my friend,
And I'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
I am the champion.No time for losers
'Cause I am the champion of the world.

Tevye flew down he was exited but part of him tried to tell him not to get his hopes up. He played like rubbish this tryout but he still hoped he'd get to play this year.

I've taken my bowsAnd my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of rosesNo pleasure cruise.
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:56 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli had landed and was just about to call tryouts over when Jacob did it for her. She smiled at her Vice Captain before the two of them walked off a bit to discuss the team. In the end, they both agreed on the decisions and Elli stood infront of the gryffindor's once again. She looked over them for a couple minutes before nodding her head. Her decision was right.

"Okay everyone. The starting team is Me, Xavier, and Caitlin for chasers. Jacob and Cameron for Beaters. Crash for Keeper and Eun for Seeker." She waited for any commotion that had arisen to die down about the starting team before going on to reserves. "Leo, Tanya, and Rosabella are all reserve chasers. Keith, Toby, and Tev are reserve beaters. Alexandria is reserve Keeper, and David is reserve seeker." With that done, Elli made sure the balls were all locked up tight and the school brooms were in the barrel. Her own broom sat by her feet.

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            AC: 18
                                                            Modifiers: (+8 for shots) (+8 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:19 pm
User Image
User Image

There was three reserve spots for beater? Hmm... I didn't know they could pull that. Guess that's good for Toby, though.

Ronna stood when she saw Elli approach the group to announce how the team would stand up. She raised a brow curiously, not expecting much in her case and as she listened she noted that the team was fairly much the same as last year in positions-though David and Eun did change between being first line seeker on the team and reserve. Honestly, she handn't paid that much attention to the seekers. She was surprised when Elli listed reserves that included three beaters. She had never heard it done before. Ronna wasn't aware it could have been done. Well, it meant Toby was on the team, that was good for him. In the end the roster went more or less as she predicted-or at least in her case.

She handed over the bludger without saying much and then picked up her broom and asked randomly and brightly to the group, "Hey, anyone got a mirror with them or can judge if my nose healed straight?!" She let out a laugh and said, "I'd like to know if I need to go to the infirmary to get it healed again because I messed up on holding it while it healed." To tell the truth she wasn't really all that bothered by the fact she had done the best performance wise and still hadn't made the reserves-she had known it wouldn't matter how she played when she went in. Though, she did feel sort of bad for Theo who she glanced around for-though he hadn't done that great compared to the others. Well, she supposed Theo and her could be Quidditch watching buddies again.

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games