Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:13 am
Car-car-car-carnivora!  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 am
Received Soulforge today. So far it's a fantastic read, I'm getting tempted to start a Horus Heresy Raven Guard army with it.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:03 pm
I've made it to chapter four of Path of the Renegade, and it has a lot of information on what actually goes on in Commoragh. Makes me want to write my own novel about Commoragh's strangest Kabal, and its equally strange Archon.

Now if I can only figure out Dark Eldar naming conventions (or even Craftworld Eldar since they would tend to have many more similarities than differences)...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:10 pm
I got Sigilite awhile back. I still need a couple more of the Audio Dramas to complete my collection.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:27 am
I'm looking for some new books to add to my private library. I have over 40 Black library published works so far and I need to replace 2 that have gone missing over the last 5 years. Any good books I should add to it? I have looked at Black library and Games work-shop but only found 7 that just sang out to me. (Salvation's Reach is getting added no matter what, I just got to complete my collection of Gaunt's Ghosts books)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
I'm looking for some new books to add to my private library. I have over 40 Black library published works so far and I need to replace 2 that have gone missing over the last 5 years. Any good books I should add to it? I have looked at Black library and Games work-shop but only found 7 that just sang out to me. (Salvation's Reach is getting added no matter what, I just got to complete my collection of Gaunt's Ghosts books)

What do you have so far? I have a large collection and many of them I would definitely recommend.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:01 pm
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt

What do you have so far? I have a large collection and many of them I would definitely recommend.

heres my collection includeing one i want to get, salvation's reach is already on the way.

new books Ill be adding to my collection
1 Salvation's Reach
2 The Imperial Infantryman's Handbook
3 Sabbat Worlds Anthology
4 Baneblade
5 Insignium Astartes
6 The Lost
7 Hive of the dead

books i once had that where borrowed and never returned (need to replace them)
1 Trator General
2 Fifteen Hours

books on my shelves right now (the 40k related ones any ways)
1 Blood Pact (hard back)
2 Only in Death (hard back)
3 First & Only
4 Ghostmaker
5 Necropolis
6 Honour Guard
7 The Guns of Tanith
8 Straight Silver
9 Sabbat Martyr
10 His Last Command
11 Armour of Contempt
12 Nightbringer
13 Double Eagle
14 Wolf's Honour
15 Grey Hunter
16 The Traitors Hand
17 Death or Glory
18 Space Wolf
19 Ragnar's Claw
20 Grey Knights
21 Heros of the Space Marines (omnibus?)
22 Sons of Fenris
23 Wolf Blade
24 Thirteenth Legion
25 Kill Team
26 Annihilation Squad
27 Gunheads
28 Ravenor
29 Ravenor Returned
30 Ravenor Rogue
31 Faith & Fire
32 Duty Calls
33 Cains Last Stand
34 Death World
35 Rebel Winter
36 The Founding (omnibus)
37 The Saint (omnibus)
38 The Last Chancers
39 Conquest of Armageddon
40 Dawn or War: Tempest
41 Ice Guard
42 Cadian Blood
43 Mercy Run

that's just the ones i can recall off the top of my head, there's possibly more stashed away in trunks some where in my house.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm
I can definitely recommend Salvation's Reach. I picked that up back in 2011 and I continuously pick it up and re-read it. Its a fantastic story. You definitely have a lot of 40K fiction. I seriously recommend the Space Marine Battles series.
Admittedly Legion of the Damned and Death of Antagonis are a little heavy, not really my favourites so I recommend avoiding Rob Sanders. I first read Atlas Infernal thinking it would be a good read, but it was too simple. Parts of it were too convenient. "Oh this happens and look out! We're in danger! No don't worry I have a solution. I have a magic book!" It was just... bleh. Anyway looking at some of the books you've read, I've also read razz Here are the books I'd recommend. Mostly Space Marine books but as you've read most of the stuff I've read the non power armoured characters are out.

The Night Lord trilogy by Aaron Dembski Bowden are brilliant reads.
The Blood Angels books by James Swallow.
Titanicus by Dan Abnett, and as you've read the Ravenor books I'd recommend the Eisenhorn books as well as Pariah, the first in the Ravenor vs Eisenhorn trilogy.
The Salamanders series are personal favourites. They're fantastic stories and I'm looking forward to the next series set after the first trilogy.
Both the Eldar books, and Dark Eldar books.
The Horus Heresy series as well.
Oh and the Soul Drinkers series.

If you're interested in fantasy I strongly recommend the Sundering Trilogy by Gav Thorpe, Defenders of Ulthuan and Sons of Ellyrion by Graham McNeill. Oh and also the Kal Jericho books and Ravenwing, again by Gav Thorpe.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 pm
Pixie Femboy
I can definitely recommend Salvation's Reach. I picked that up back in 2011 and I continuously pick it up and re-read it. Its a fantastic story. You definitely have a lot of 40K fiction. I seriously recommend the Space Marine Battles series.
Admittedly Legion of the Damned and Death of Antagonis are a little heavy, not really my favourites so I recommend avoiding Rob Sanders. I first read Atlas Infernal thinking it would be a good read, but it was too simple. Parts of it were too convenient. "Oh this happens and look out! We're in danger! No don't worry I have a solution. I have a magic book!" It was just... bleh. Anyway looking at some of the books you've read, I've also read razz Here are the books I'd recommend. Mostly Space Marine books but as you've read most of the stuff I've read the non power armoured characters are out.

Titanicus by Dan Abnett, and as you've read the Ravenor books I'd recommend the Eisenhorn books as well as Pariah, the first in the Ravenor vs Eisenhorn trilogy.
The Salamanders series are personal favourites. They're fantastic stories and I'm looking forward to the next series set after the first trilogy.

If you're interested in fantasy I strongly recommend the Sundering Trilogy by Gav Thorpe, Defenders of Ulthuan and Sons of Ellyrion by Graham McNeill. Oh and also the Kal Jericho books and Ravenwing, again by Gav Thorpe.

no question about it. salvation's reach is all ready on its way to my house. i fell in love with its dan abnett's stile when i read the section one of the gaunt's ghosts novels that was in the old guard codex. his books where the first in my collection. shame i forgot about its release until a few days ago. i already read a few pages of it a while back. as for fantasy, Tolkien is as far as ill go down that road...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:00 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

no question about it. salvation's reach is all ready on its way to my house. i fell in love with its dan abnett's stile when i read the section one of the gaunt's ghosts novels that was in the old guard codex. his books where the first in my collection. shame i forgot about its release until a few days ago. i already read a few pages of it a while back. as for fantasy, Tolkien is as far as ill go down that road...

That's fair enough. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Gaunt's Ghosts series heads next. There are rumours that the next one will be released later this year.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 pm
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

That's fair enough. I'm looking forward to seeing where the Gaunt's Ghosts series heads next. There are rumours that the next one will be released later this year.

all i know is he said he was going to keep it going until every one is dead or the imperials win the war. but i hope it never ends, such a good story. just wish i had the chance to get him to sign one of my copies. sadly i live in the states and i dont think he makes it out this way very much.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:09 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

all i know is he said he was going to keep it going until every one is dead or the imperials win the war. but i hope it never ends, such a good story. just wish i had the chance to get him to sign one of my copies. sadly i live in the states and i dont think he makes it out this way very much.

Unless you're fortunate enough to get to Games Day then it will be a random chance. I only get to meet him at events such as Games Day and even then I have to travel a lot to get there.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 pm
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

The Warmaster (Gaunt's Ghosts) Hardcover – June 5, 2014 from what i see... is this the new one?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

The Warmaster (Gaunt's Ghosts) Hardcover – June 5, 2014 from what i see... is this the new one?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen any pages. I was just looking on the Black Library website and there's nothing there. It might be the next book in the series.  

Terra X Zero

Dapper Streaker

7,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 pm
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy
commissar ibram gaunt
Pixie Femboy

Unless you're fortunate enough to get to Games Day then it will be a random chance. I only get to meet him at events such as Games Day and even then I have to travel a lot to get there.

sadly, no such events like that where i live. so the chances of me meeting him are slim to none crying  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games