Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:55 pm
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes.
I know it's daft, but I guess that I know it deep inside.
It feels like we're ready to crack these days, you and I;
When it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die.
We're gonna separate ourselves tonight...
We're always running scared but holding knives...
But there's a black chandelier, casting shadows and lies.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᶠᶤᶠᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander kept racing forward.

OOC:
Position: Seeker
AC: 19
Mods: +7 Catching Snitch, +5 Spotting Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Catching Up to Snitch: 3/3
Seeking Snitch:

Username

I'll sit in silence for the rest of my life if you'd like.
Dressing our wings with industrial gloves made of wire;
Feel it penetrating the skin, we begin to relax,
When it's just the two of us, and a cute little cup of cyanide.
You left my heart like an abandoned car:
Old and worn out, no use at all...
But I used to be free.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:08 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
____________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

After recovering from a bludger hit; Camila blinked and smacked her forehead—did that newbie really just steal from her own teammate? Yup. She sure did! ”Remember who're your teammates, people!” She called aloud to everyone, before rushing over to Savannah to call her out individually and explained the mistake. Honestly, this might be a good excuse to have green and silver jerseys made for their team, maybe she'll go down to Hogsmeade and order a few for the team herself. Still though, no one else seemed to have that problem, maybe the girl just wasn't used to the sport yet. Either way, it was time to get back on the game. ”Chasers, back to your starting positions, let's start this from the top!” She called out as she threw the quaffle in for the toss up.

╔════════════════════╗
Silver Chaser
AC: 18

HP ══ ══ ══ 66%
(+8 stealing/shooting)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

[OOC:// Lmfao, murrue, you're darn right, aren't you? Chasers! Because I goofed, we're starting over! Roll for the toss up! (10 sided; 10 dice total) *Edited to include bludger hit I missed. Man I'm off today.*]

[Teams in Spoiler]

Green Team:
Chasers: Devonte, Savannah, Kyson
Beater: Mira

Silver Team:
Chasers: Camila, Caty, Ralph
Beater: Tristan

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:27 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
<3rd Year Slytherin>
AC: 14
Modifiers: (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes

Lives:

Roll: XX (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching) = XX
Chasing: 3/3
Catching: 1/2

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Finally close enough, Sera reached out her hand in order to close it around the snitch. She was almost there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:27 pm

User ImageUser Image

Ralph loved watching a few rounds of Quidditch as much as the next person, but he wasn't sure so much about being in it. Ever since Effy and Tristan announced the Slytherin Quidditch team tryouts to him, Ralph had had a nervous pit in his stomach. It had even spoiled his breakfast appetite that day, so he was really running on empty.

Even as he picked absent-mindedly at his eggs, Effy and Tristan were chatting excitedly next to him. They all had their own plans for the day, so they wouldn't be able to all go together, but there had been some talk about going.

"Oh, Ralphy, you should just come!" Savannah and wrapped her arms around his tiny one, "Even if you don't apply, you could come watch us." she tugged his arm and Ralph couldn't help but smile. Effy knew just how to cheer him up.

"Hm, maybe." Ralph had answered with a cheeky grin. He went back to stabbing his food, his next victim the sausages.

Breakfast felt like ages ago now.

Ralph was dragging a broom behind him, eyes fixated down towards the ground. He'd never really flown anywhere before. He'd taking a few pointers from his dad, learned how to sit on it and act like all was well, but Ralph wasn't so sure he had the knack for Quidditch. He hadn't really seen his cousins play, but he was certain that they were better than him; every summer, it was like their reflexes were turned up way above his. Ralph couldn't compare.

All his feet dragging caused him to be late, he soon realized, as he approached the Quidditch Pitch. Witches and wizards were already whizzing around in the air, twisting this way and that. Every person seemed like a natural. Sweat kissed the skin of all who were up in the air, the summer's heat still lashing out one last attempt before relenting to autumn's coolness. Ralph audibly gulped and wiped at his own forehead. He was working up a sweat and wasn't even up in the air.

He stopped right at the edge of the field, staring straight up at all the brooms flying overhead. There were quite a few people wrestling around up there. It made him slightly dizzy and his head was beginning to hurt. Ralph looked back down, blinking a few times. Must be crazy, trying to play on the Slytherin Quidditch team! Ralph shook his head.

But he wanted to at least try.

With some hesitation, the first year started to do his stretches. First his arms, then his sides, down to his legs and feet. It was a slow process as he brushed up on all his Quidditch knowledge. He knew all this stuff; how many summers had Tristan talked Ralph's ear about it? Ralph was confident that he, at least, knew all the technical rules of Quidditch. Throw the quackle in that hoop trio thing, Ralph eyed the three golden rings sticking straight out of the ground, win major points.

Ralph mounted his broom at just the exact moment to hear his cousin, Savannah, getting reprimanded for stealing from her teammate. The captain, an older girl with long chocolate hair, was next to Effy, speaking to her. It made Ralph hesitate; would he really be able to do this if Effy couldn't? The captain spun around and flew off, leaving Effy floating there, ”Chasers, back to your starting positions, let's start this from the top!” She tossed the ball up into the air, creating a chance for a free-for-all.

With a kick, Ralph was airborne. He was just far away enough to avoid being in the way, yet close enough to see all the action. Like a feather, Ralph floated towards his cousin, swinging his legs to try to help close the distance, "Hey Effy!" he called out to her.

He turned his head to watch the game with a huge grin. He didn't know what he could try out for, but Ralph found out that, now that he was in the air, it wasn't so bad. It felt good to be up on the broom, actually. Ralph was beginning to understand why his birds loved to fly around so much; it was very freeing. The possibilities were endless now. He could go anywhere he wanted on that broom. Well, as long as he didn't mind getting sore from traveling so far on just a broomstick.

Username: Vampire Toy
Character's Name: Ralph Thomas Hastings
House: Slytherin
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0 *there's a doodle of a broom here*
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Chaser?
Second Choice Position: Seeker? Keeper?

Essy ze Ninja
Tristan and Savannah Hastings; Camila Rojas

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:32 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander restrained a sneer as the third year missed and stretched his own hand forward, lying flat against his broom.

OOC:
Seeking Snitch: 1/2

Username

But I used to be free.

Yukina101 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 6, 2, 2, 6, 5, 1, 3, 5, 4 Total: 41 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:58 pm
User Image
User Image

αɢє 11 | αםvєитυяєя | sℓчтнєяιи ғιяsт чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty had felt a tad discouraged when she couldn't steal from the other player but kept herself hyped by telling herself she was competing with much older and much more experienced players and the fact that she was even keeping up with them was amazing. Admittedly, the voice telling her this might sound like an odd mix of her Da and her Aintin Siobhan but no one had to know that. Just then though the captain decided to start the tryouts all over again. Well that was nifty! When the quaffle was thrown back up she flew back over to make a grab. ஐﻬ

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Position: Chaser
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 to Catch
Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ]
Final Roll: ~

I'll think of a mermaid lagoon
Oh--underneath a magic moon
I'll think I'm in a pirate's cave
I'll think I'll be an Indian brave
Now, everybody try--one, two, three!
We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 2, 5, 9, 7, 8, 10, 3, 10, 10 Total: 73 (10-100)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:56 pm
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image

”Oh,” she blinked and blushed at the realization of having stolen from her own teammate. She knew she hadn't been paying overmuch attention but—that badly?—Merlin she needed to focus. ”Sorry!” She apologized first to the captain, and then to the older chaser she had originally stolen from before drifting back into the starting position as a chaser. This time, she took a good long look at her teammates, the boy with blond hair that had arrived late, and then the upperclassman she had just apologized to. Just as the captain announced the start of the game with the quaffle cloistered in both hands, a voice of familiarity cut through the rushing winds and chirping birds. ”Ralphy!” Savannah grinned, cut off suddenly by the captains voice had ushered her cousin.

”Oi? You tryin' out then? You're on the silver team with me and Caty as a chaser, now hurry into formation to join the game.” The brunette captain hollered through cusped hands at Ralph, just after releasing the quaffle into the air, meaning he was on the team opposite as herself. She wanted to pout at that, but Caty was already gunning for the quaffle! Savannah aimed to do the same in an attempt to make amends for her mistake so she jumped at the quaffle with long fingers extended.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
Green Chaser
AC: 14 __ (0/3)
D. Dodger, N. Flyer, D. Healthy
HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[Teams in Spoiler]

Green Team:

Silver Team:

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:09 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Tristan shook his head; it was all he could do for a hot minute suspended in midair on his broom while he watched his younger sister space out and steal from her own teammate. That had to be a first. Just then, he missed out on the chance to block a bludger and groaned internally. He knows he can do better than this, so what's going on? Just then, he spotted his younger cousin hit the field and his sister was waving--it's like she wasn't even taking this seriously! Still, it was nice to see Ralph here, after breakfast this morning, he wasn't sure if he would show. And then once the try outs had started, he figured Ralph had decided against it after all. Taking a moment to wave down at the blond boy with his bat in the air, he hurried back into the game and chased after a bludger. It was his turn to take on the offense, targeting Mira, he took aim and fired; only hoping for the best.

[OOC: ]
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          Silver Beater
                                          (+4 hitting/blocking) (-1 injuries)

HP: ═ ═ ═ 75%
                                          Blocking For: -- Aiming At: Mira miss!
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 pm
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image

Coming up with the quaffle, she struggled to focus on the game and not the beautiful clouds and the sun glowing brilliantly behind it, beaming yellow rays across the green grass between the shadows that stretched under the fat, fluffy clouds. It looked like it might rain, but not for a few hours if she had to guess. Oh! Right! The game. She still has the quaffle. Tucking that under her arm and focusing on the goal posts, she raced on.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
Green Chaser
AC: 14 __ (1/3)
D. Dodger, N. Flyer, D. Healthy
HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

[Teams in Spoiler]

Green Team:

Silver Team:

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:16 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
<3rd Year Slytherin>
Modifiers: (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes

Lives:

Roll: XX (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching) = XX
Chasing: 3/3
Catching: 2/2

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Sera let out a breath of relief as Evander missed the snitch. Maybe second time would be the charm for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:23 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander missed, but so did she. He lunged forward to try again.

OOC:
Seeking Snitch: 2/2

Username

But I used to be free.

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:04 pm
User Image
User Image

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Drat! She was so close! Caty took a sharp turn and went after the other girl to try and steal. ஐﻬ

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:06 pm
User Image
User Image

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ She...she did it! She really did it! Caty grinned with unbridled joy as she stole from the older chaser and went off down the pitch. That had been so cool!ஐﻬ

Flying: 1/3

Deviled Dregs rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Fourth Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte was astonished. Had his own teammate really just stolen from him? It was one thing to be adjusting to the rules--it was another to be a complete idiot altogether. In any other state of mind, he probably would have cursed her out, even if it did end up with him getting kicked off the team. But really, he didn't want to waste the energy and simply accepted her apology before getting back to the game. Flying towards one of the newer players, he outstretched an arm.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to stealing and scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: x x x
Posts to goal: /3
Final roll: 20

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:47 pm
User Image

User Image

Fourth Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Taking the quaffle back into his hands, he turned around and headed towards the goal posts.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to stealing and scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: x x x
Posts to goal: 1/3
Final roll:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games