Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:32 am
Lt. Brookman
Why can't I have one of those games on the PC for free? crying

All I have is Red Orchestra with the free mods Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour, whom are even more unplayable than Operation Flashpoint with their insane "realism". talk2hand
Darkest Hour has miserable AIs, but I have some fun with Red Orchestra once in a while...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:49 am
Don't mind him, he's just sad that he can't play proper games on a proper platform right now. wink  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:33 am
I has bc2 on pc. It's okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 pm
myself enjoing golden oldie Baldurs Gate saga... currently in the middle of Shadows of Amn, romancing Viconia (shes as spiteful sometimes as our Viccy) and being badass kensai/mage (tough enough to kill most things with sword and having great spells backup in case sword fails to impress)  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:04 pm
Speaking of which....I'm all excited over the announcment of Dragon Age 2, the slogans of which is Rise to Power...by any means necessary.

It has some connection to Origins, but it's a new story and from what little info I've seen, some of it takes place in the Free March, the PC character is Hawke ((I'm guessing that's his/her's last name, you choose your own first name)) You can only play as a human, but you can choose gender, and classes, and customize appearances from what I gather, though the male default one has a Duncan looking beard.
Here are the Five Facts about Hawke that I found on Game Informer ((Need to subscribe to them, I really want next month's issue, which has ten pages worth of info on Dragon Age 2))
1. Hawke will be a voiced character.
Unlike Dragon Age: Origins, the player's character in Dragon Age II will be fully voiced. This opens the door for a more cinematic approach to dialogue and creates an identity for the character outside of the text you see on-screen. It also eliminates those awkward scenarios where you feel like your character should be reacting, but instead just stares blankly without so much as a grunt.

2. Hawke is human.
Yes, that means that you won't be able to select Hawke's race. However, just because that one aspect of Hawke's backstory is set doesn't mean BioWare is eliminating character creation. You can still choose your class and customize your appearance. When we visited BioWare's studio, we only saw (and heard) the male Hawke in action, but the team promises that players can select either gender for the character.

3. Hawke didn't just survive the blight...he escaped it.
As the Grey Warden from Dragon Age: Origins was fighting darkspawn, Hawke was living in Lothering. Fans will remember that the small village was raided and destroyed (an event that occurred off-screen in Origins), and Hawke was one of the survivors. However, rather than stay and fight the darkspawn menace, Hawke flees Ferelden and heads north.

4. Hawke is the Champion of Kirkwall.
Kirkwall is a major population center in the Free Marches, a collection of city-states north of Ferelden. This means that at least some of the action in Dragon Age II will be set in Kirkwall itself, though Hawke will also spend time in other areas of the Free Marches. What exactly Hawke does to earn the honorary title of Champion, however, is up to you.

5. Hawke drives the story.
Dragon Age II is not about killing an ancient evil or about quelling another blight; Hawke is the driving force behind the narrative. Over the course of the game's 10-year timeline, players' actions and choices will determine Hawke's history, relationships, and regrets...all in service to answering the larger question: Who is the Champion of Kirkwall?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:56 am
Still need to finish the first game, though the ending has been spoiled to s**t by others so half the fun is already gone.

Anyway, played some more Mare Nostrum, had a lot of fun with the Boys AT Rifle hunting Italian tanks in the sandbox. Still pretty much unplayable though. talk2hand  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 pm
I'm enjoying zOMG quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:36 am
Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! whee  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:40 am
Lady Blodwynn
I'm enjoying zOMG quite a bit.

To be honest, it is pretty well done. I just never really got into it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! Alan Wake! whee
YES.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 am
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
YES.
Best game I've ever played from Finland~<3

That game is awesome! Haven't played a game for a long time that gave me the right kind of feeling while playing it... <3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 am
I just saw a trailer showing the gameplay of Warhammer 40k MMO, it looks great! I can't wait for the game to come out.  

x-EternalAnguish-x

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm
where did you find the game play trailer?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 pm
it was posted somewhere along this thread, few pages ago  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 am
OH MY DAYS.

Who is up for some Red Dead Redemption, Alan Wake and other neat s**t?!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games