Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm
Halfling Heroine

The thing is, my character isn't a native of Gaia, so her home town isn't in Barton, Aekea, Gambino or Durem. Seeing as Rika's father grew up on Gambino Island, I was considering supporting them. However, when Rika is deployed to Gaia, her base is usually in Barton, unless her current mission requires her to travel to another town. So for that reason, I'm going to go with Barton is Rika's 'adopted' home if you will, in Gaia.(Plus the team colours are lovely. heart )

I just read this post in the GCD. biggrin

But I like your reasoning, although it would have been great to see more Isle de Gambino supporters. They have so little.
I'm not quite sure if Durem is the town Ieho was born in, but it's the only town of the four I can see him actually living in. I think night troll fits well with the vampires and dark elves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 pm
Iehonatane
Halfling Heroine

The thing is, my character isn't a native of Gaia, so her home town isn't in Barton, Aekea, Gambino or Durem. Seeing as Rika's father grew up on Gambino Island, I was considering supporting them. However, when Rika is deployed to Gaia, her base is usually in Barton, unless her current mission requires her to travel to another town. So for that reason, I'm going to go with Barton is Rika's 'adopted' home if you will, in Gaia.(Plus the team colours are lovely. heart )

But I like your reasoning, although it would have been great to see more Isle de Gambino supporters. They have so little.
I'm not quite sure if Durem is the town Ieho was born in, but it's the only town of the four I can see him actually living in. I think night troll fits well with the vampires and dark elves.

Yup I copied and pasted it from here because I'm lazy. wink lol
I would have been tempted to join Isle de Gambino if they had more supporters. It's no fun cheering on a town with only one or two other people. Durem would suit a night troll well. If my character was a vampire, troll, orc, dark elf, zombie or devil imp I'd probably choose Durem too. However, it seems like too dark a city to pick for a half-elf knight character.  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 pm
I find it weird that Aekea has more supporters than the Isles.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:44 pm
The Undead Suitor

Maybe its Aekea's time...to get crushed by the juggernaut that is Durem  

warrior_of_boognish

Destructive Lunatic

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:47 pm
The Undead Suitor

The GCD has a lot of sci-fi fans?

In the case of Isle de Gambino, I think it's because there's no major NPCs from that town.(Not counting Johnny K. Gambino seeing as he's dead.) I could be wrong of course-my knowledge of the NPCs is a bit sketchy~  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:50 pm
That's because Aekea has Sam. cool

...even if she does have a resemblance to a certain hedgehog nowadays, but your old uncle Haijin can live with that.

Also, finally defeated the main quest of Skyrim, defeated the World-Eater itself, but the smarmy guards still ask if someone stole my sweetroll. Dragonborn can't get no respect. Am now going to attempt New Vegas again.

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:54 pm
Halfling Heroine
Iehonatane
Halfling Heroine

I would have been tempted to join Isle de Gambino if they had more supporters. It's no fun cheering on a town with only one or two other people. Durem would suit a night troll well. If my character was a vampire, troll, orc, dark elf, zombie or devil imp I'd probably choose Durem too. However, it seems like too dark a city to pick for a half-elf knight character.

Depends a lot on the half-elf though, they could be dark too.

I can totally see you in Barton. In my mind Barton is really colorful and cute fantasy town. Durem is more shady. Aekea has all the robots and science stuff and Gambino is sea, sun and businessmen.

It funny how some people say that they chose (insert town) because it is not the popular one. I mean, I get it, it's cool to be the underdog but as you said, it might get boring. Why some people have the constant need to be "cool" on the fricking internet. emotion_facepalm I'd rather base the choice on the character.

I think the real competition will be between Barton and Durem once again. Aekea seems to be getting more popular over the years though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:07 pm
Iehonatane
Halfling Heroine
Iehonatane
Halfling Heroine

Depends a lot on the half-elf though, they could be dark too.

I can totally see you in Barton. In my mind Barton is really colorful and cute fantasy town. Durem is more shady. Aekea has all the robots and science stuff and Gambino is sea, sun and businessmen.

It funny how some people say that they chose (insert town) because it is not the popular one. I mean, I get it, it's cool to be the underdog but as you said, it might get boring. Why some people have the constant need to be "cool" on the fricking internet. emotion_facepalm I'd rather base the choice on the character.
I think the real competition will be between Barton and Durem once again. Aekea seems to be getting more popular over the years though.

I agree with you about Barton. It feels like the kind of place my character would belong in. I couldn't imagine a noble knight choosing to live in a more shady town like Durem. However I can understand why you picked Durem for your character.

It's kind of annoying when people pick the underdog for the sake of being 'different' or 'unique'. gonk Choose a town based on where you can picture your avatar residing in. I think thats the best way to decide where your loyalty lies.

Aekea's new found popularity suprised me. To my knowledge, Aekea was introduced long after the other towns, so I would have assumed that they wouldn't have had the same level of support as Barton or Durem. At the moment it seems to me that it could go to Barton, Durem or Aekea. We'll just have to wait and see~  

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:19 pm
Halfling Heroine

Aekea's new found popularity suprised me. To my knowledge, Aekea was introduced long after the other towns, so I would have assumed that they wouldn't have had the same level of support as Barton or Durem. At the moment it seems to me that it could go to Barton, Durem or Aekea. We'll just have to wait and see~

It is the newest town on the map. It nice that Aekea is getting more support. Durem and Barton have this ongoing rivalry, so it's good to shake thing up a bit, makes things a bit more interesting.

I like town vs town events for all the competing and supporting your own town. Town "loyalty" is fun as long as it lighthearted and not too serious. biggrin This is why I don't like sports in irl, people get way too serious over things like football teams.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:27 pm
Uncle Haijin

Also, finally defeated the main quest of Skyrim, defeated the World-Eater itself, but the smarmy guards still ask if someone stole my sweetroll. Dragonborn can't get no respect.

you should be like

"No, I stole a sweetroll. All of them. What are you gonna ******** do about it?"  

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:30 pm
warrior_of_boognish
The Undead Suitor

Maybe its Aekea's time...to get crushed by the juggernaut that is Durem

Hey, the rules only said Aekea can't build GIANT robots anymore.

No rules against whipping out some sort of T-1000 bot to rip everyone to shreds

... figuratively of course.

Right now, its more of a battle for second place  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm
Awww the isles have no love?? I may side with them just because it's an island and it has gambling and pirates. pirate

When is that event supposed to start anyway?  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

The Undead Suitor

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 pm
I Found A Sexy 1
Awww the isles have no love?? I may side with them just because it's an island and it has gambling and pirates. pirate

Knowing Gaia and their "summer" events...

...Early September?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm
I think I was with Gambino because I had the bronze trophy.

Don't remember why I picked Gambino maybe because it was the beach?Oh yeah Gambino has Sasha and Ruby.  

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:31 pm
The Undead Suitor
I Found A Sexy 1

Knowing Gaia and their "summer" events...

...Early September?

now now last years event took place in June/July despite the end coming a bit late it did started in summer.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games