Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:59 pm
since every thread is still locked. Here is the current rumors. Enjoy and deal with them...
I know none of you care more then I about the revision for the BT army. But here is the current news. Minor note Brimstone is a playtester.

Alright, over at Warseer Brimstone has posted up a bunch of new BT rumours which I am now snagging and posting all over the net. So far its:

Brimstone wrote:
I've recently acquired bits of Black Templar rumourage from various sources,

As per the previous list BT's do not get Librarians or Devastator squads.

Sword Brethren are said to be Elite choices and may use Terminator or power armour.

Tactical squads are known as Crusaders and may take as many neophytes as there are initiates so you can have a 20 man tactical squad.

Emperors Champion has been reworked and is supposed to be optional under 750pts.

Land Raider Crusaders can be taken by HQ, Elite or Troops choices as transport in addition to being Heavy Support.

Drop Pods are available.

New bits of wargear including extra stuff for Crusaders and Holy Orbs of Anitoch a thrown grenade with a five second fuse no more, no less.

New type of Servitor for Templar Chaplains

Sword Brethren under certain circumstances can take various types of shields

Possible reworking of Righteous Zeal so you have to fleet towards the nearest enemy if you fail a test following casualties

More rumours to come.

Original thread here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=83752

And

Other bits of information, new special character Chaplain Grimaldus and his servitors (failed initiates, so they are partial marines)

Vows now cost points and there are four.

- Accept the Challenge, no matter the odds.
- Uphold the honour of the Emperor.
- Suffer not the unclean to live.
- Abhor the Witch, destroy the Witch
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:31 pm
Wow, that chaplain is sexy.... -drool-

Umm, cough, really though, it seems the BT's are getting the works this time around. I only hope the other chapters see such good treatment.  

Angelic_Executioner

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:27 am
i'm so stealin that model's plasma pistol.

sub-note. If you're having an HQ VS HQ fight, bring your marine squad with a Master and attatched chaplain and librarian. give the master and the chaplain a lightning claw. give the librarian "might of heroes" and, if you're using the one with a second skill, "veil of time" The rest of their wargear is up to you.

on the turn that you assault, you gain +D3 attacks for the chaplain/ master. Re-roll failed hits, re-roll failed wounds. The master/ chaplain gains the same re-rolls without the +D3 attacks. The librarian can use the re-roll to hit, and if he has veil of time, re-roll his failed to wound rolls too. Considering they ALL negate armor saves, that can quickly cut down all but the largest of squads.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:09 pm
Im plannin on joining the Tyranids soon & ive thought up of a varient to the Broodlord. Its his boss. The BroodQueen!

Parts list
1 Demonette
2 Scything Talons
Other various upgrades

Basically she has the same rules as the Broodlord but its a diffrent model. If you even want to attatch a giant spiders adbodmen to her backside & say shes the modile body of the hive mind. Higher Armour save, Toughness & wounds. but s**t for WS  

Reddemon

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:39 pm
Reddemon
Im plannin on joining the Tyranids soon & ive thought up of a varient to the Broodlord. Its his boss. The BroodQueen!

Parts list
1 Demonette
2 Scything Talons
Other various upgrades

Basically she has the same rules as the Broodlord but its a diffrent model. If you even want to attatch a giant spiders adbodmen to her backside & say shes the modile body of the hive mind. Higher Armour save, Toughness & wounds. but s**t for WS
but you can't the "mobile body of the hive mind" would be a norn queen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:29 am
Ophiuchus
Reddemon

Parts list
1 Demonette
2 Scything Talons
Other various upgrades

but you can't the "mobile body of the hive mind" would be a norn queen.
shhhhhhh wink  

Reddemon

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:54 am
O I "thought" of a cool little minigame

Shoot the bug.
(No Nids)

Required
1 Necron Tomb Spyder
1 Vetern Marine(can use Tyranic Vets too)
1 Squad of Gaurds
First Halo theme
blaugh

You can sub the Spyder for a Defiler if you dont have access to a Spyder.
For each extra gaurd player(there can only be 1 Space Marine) Add 1 wound to the Spyders profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:21 am
More BT rumours this time on the Emperors Champion, his Iron Halo has been replaced by a more unique "Armour of Faith" freeing up the Halo for someone else (one per army), the Black Sword is just a Power weapon now (no more Power Fist setting apparently) but it does add to his Str. His challenge ability is now mandatory. a new piece of wargear called blessed armour for Land Raiders that will negate the effects of lance weapons. Bike squads are said to be able to take three special weapons or power weapons.

Unreleased farseers.
User Image
User Image

If you have not seen it. The inferno dread with assault drill.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/sdread.htm

other news.
I've just heard that Paul Rudge, one of the White Dwarf team members, no longer works for Games Workshop. This is a real shame, as Paul Rudge was one of the best members, if not the best, that they had working for them. The question on my mind now is did he leave or was he pushed? GW have a long record of treating staff members poorly, so anything is possible. I've had dealings with White Dwarf in the past and with Paul Rudge in particular. He is a true gentleman, and future White Dwarfs will be all the poorer for his absence. He was also one of the few terrain makers of any talent left with the company.

This is it for now, Enjoy...  

Lozt_1

Reddemon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:16 am
Well thats gota suck. But remember if you dont have any real proof it is a rumor so itl be best not to totatly belive it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:39 am
yep  

Reddemon

Zolah

Aged Noob

11,800 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:54 am
Ello? ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:21 am
Hello.  

Drachyench

Dread Lime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:50 am
Not sure what connections he has, but Brimstone's information is generally fairly accurate.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:28 am
Dread Lime
Not sure what connections he has, but Brimstone's information is generally fairly accurate.
Brimstone is a play tester. There are no better connections then that. These guys test the rules before they are released. They get reimbursed every dollar they spend on GW or FW stuff. The only guys who know more are the dev team.  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:34 am
This reminds me, there is a suppossed 'curse' in the US whitedwarf, or so I'm told, that if you appear in a White Dwarf for the first time, and you aren't in it again within the next 6 months, you will be fired.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games