Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halfling Heroine

Enduring Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:06 am
Meromictic
Halfling Heroine
I can't believe Draconis Adamantine doubled overnight! If my stupid Faithful Mechanic had just sold in time I would have had enough to buy one last night. emo Now I have to sell more stuff!

You could wait for it to fall in price?

I probably should have done that! xd Unfortunately I tend to be very impatient. Hence why I'd be no good at vending/exchanging~  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 am
I was surprised that the MCs inflated that fast. But I wasn't interested in them to be honest. sweatdrop Hopefully July's will be better since it's my mom's and boyfriend's birth month.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am
i really ahte to s**t up this trhead with lmao politics but i cant post in the b***h fit thread because i am still blocked by ridley for some unknown mysterious reason thanks dude

but uh anyway

can we all agree that "misandry in video games" is complete ******** bullshit and a complete nonissue in comparison to feminist frequency's "tropes vs women" project? can we agree to that?

edit: some back story.

the woman who runs feminist frequency on youtube started a kickstarterto fund her project "tropes vs women", which talks about how women are portrayed in video games and otehr media, and the social negatives that come from it, in relation to how people view women as a whole.

from that alone, the woman got so much negative, ORGANIZED back lash, from misogynist, sexist comments on her youtube videos, flagging her youtube videos as terrorism, boycotting her project...

and then this: http://www.indiegogo.com/misandryinvideogames which just comes off as NOTHING BUT SPITEFUL to me in response to the original kickstarter fundraiser, but at the same time, this is uninformed, uneducated men (and even women unfortunately) who think that "all genders have it equally bad!!!!" (they dont) and are asking for money to spread their misinformation

and i have been seething angry for like 3 days now ugh help  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 pm
*plops on the ground* 2 more weeks until the 6th gen Zodiacal reaches its finale...=A=; I hope i can wait that long since I hope the gold shop updates come soon.  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

warrior_of_boognish

Destructive Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:12 pm
meekstape
i really ahte to s**t up this trhead with lmao politics but i cant post in the b***h fit thread because i am still blocked by ridley for some unknown mysterious reason thanks dude

but uh anyway

can we all agree that "misandry in video games" is complete ******** bullshit and a complete nonissue in comparison to feminist frequency's "tropes vs women" project? can we agree to that?

the woman who runs feminist frequency on youtube started a kickstarterto fund her project "tropes vs women", which talks about how women are portrayed in video games and otehr media, and the social negatives that come from it, in relation to how people view women as a whole.

from that alone, the woman got so much negative, ORGANIZED back lash, from misogynist, sexist comments on her youtube videos, flagging her youtube videos as terrorism, boycotting her project...

and then this: http://www.indiegogo.com/misandryinvideogames which just comes off as NOTHING BUT SPITEFUL to me in response to the original kickstarter fundraiser, but at the same time, this is uninformed, uneducated men (and even women unfortunately) who think that "all genders have it equally bad!!!!" (they dont) and are asking for money to spread their misinformation

I find both issues have the equal amount of merit, both the misogynistic and the misandric. To focus on one to the exclusion to the other is somewhat discriminatory in the attempts to point out how X is reinforcing bad stereotypes because it generally asserts that hey this is bad but that over there (which is probably bad too) is perfectly okay.

And honestly Meeks, this is the internets...you shouldn't be surprised by the cascades of butthurt that would flow from the gaming/comic/etc. community when somebody let alone some "3D Pig Disgusting Femnazi" tries to illuminate how their hobbies reinforce bad stereotypes/threatens to deprive them of their wank material. Its wrong, but you shouldn't let a bunch of generally misguided and misinformed neckbeards hiding behind their computers affect you much.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:27 pm
crying over the new lok episode today emo emo  

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 pm
warrior_of_boognish
meekstape

but uh anyway

I find both issues have the equal amount of merit, both the misogynistic and the misandric. To focus on one to the exclusion to the other is somewhat discriminatory in the attempts to point out how X is reinforcing bad stereotypes because it generally asserts that hey this is bad but that over there (which is probably bad too) is perfectly okay.

And honestly Meeks, this is the internets...you shouldn't be surprised by the cascades of butthurt that would flow from the gaming/comic/etc. community when somebody let alone some "3D Pig Disgusting Femnazi" tries to illuminate how their hobbies reinforce bad stereotypes/threatens to deprive them of their wank material. Its wrong, but you shouldn't let a bunch of generally misguided and misinformed neckbeards hiding behind their computers affect you much.

there is a big difference between the two issues, in that misogyny and sexism has been prevalent in popular culture for years, and is a huge social issue. women in video games, and heck, all forms of popular culture, are represented in a limited number of ways, usually the damsel in distress, the second banana, the manic pixie dream girl, the tertiary character to a male driven story, and its discouraging and dissapointing. where as men and males have a range of character development, are usually the heroes, they have stories that revolve around them. are their stereotypes that revolve around both sexes? yes absolutely! it's terrible and disgusting, and not right in the least. but at the end of the day, the stereotypes revolving around women are the ones that society sees, the ones society continue to quote and latch onto, and when women try to speak out against them, they are told either to shut up, or are told that "ALL SEXES SUFFER EQUALLY". which isnt true in the least, mind you.

and yeah, you're absolutely right, getting upset over every little thing is counter productive. which is why im not looking at the men's rights subreddit, and blowing my top over every derogatory sexist forum post. i am upset because this is a fundraiser, that is asking for money and backers, that is being used as a vehicle to spread the incorrect notion that both sexes have it equally bad, by a bunch of privileged males that probably didnt take the time to educate themselves on women's issues. because i can promise you if they did something like this probably wouldnt even exist!

edit: it's honestly a shame that, on the indiegogo fundraiser, i cant see past comments, because a user named anthony left a string of comments that sums up my feelings on misogyny and misandry perfectly, but it got bumped off the page, rip ):

edit 2: actually wait holdup watch this vid from jay smooth http://www.animalnewyork.com/2012/ill-doctrine-all-these-sexist-gamer-dudes-are-some-shook-ones/ this is a really amazing point on the whole trolling issue, but also on the issue of the misogyny vs misandry vs all sexes suffer equally business, in bite sized form!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:56 pm
I Found A Sexy 1

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

*sobs*  

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:26 pm
Lady Aeducan
I Found A Sexy 1

LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

*sobs*

UGUGAHSFH wahmbulance

SPOILER: I KNOWWW I WAS ******** SOBBING. BUT OMFG GENERAL IROH THO what a hottie oh la la  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:16 pm
My sunburns hurt not too bad on my thighs. And got another thunderstorm from last night. It's back with a vengeance. xd Weird this last week, 2 fires happened before the storm. One restaurant was burned down to the ground and another one just had a kitchen fire. Now, we get a normal housefire. My grandma had a theory in threes thing going on when another restaurant happens to get burned down after the first two, it's an in threes theory  

Magnificent Moonbeam

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:41 pm
I Found A Sexy 1

UGUGAHSFH wahmbulance

SPOILER: I KNOWWW I WAS ******** SOBBING. BUT OMFG GENERAL IROH THO what a hottie oh la la

Dat voice though. Does not fit at all. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:54 pm
Ok,I have lost track in Legend of Korra someone please fill me in on what's currently going on?I stopped at the episode they won that bending game.

Edit: You guys make me want to watch Sherlock Holmes and I don't have that here emo  

Druddigon

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:02 pm
Lady Aeducan
I Found A Sexy 1

UGUGAHSFH wahmbulance

Dat voice though. Does not fit at all. lol

it's just zuko's voice LOL I thought it was kinda cute since it was Zuko's VA and Iroh's name and stuff.....BUT YEAH. I WISH DANTE'S VOICE WAS A BIT DEEPER. a;sdklf  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:10 pm
Druddigon
Ok,I have lost track in Legend of Korra someone please fill me in on what's currently going on?I stopped at the episode they won that bending game.

Edit: You guys make me want to watch Sherlock Holmes and I don't have that here emo
You're better off just watching the actual episodes, dude. You can find them all online if you google "Korra full episode online"

Also Nick.com actually has all the episodes on their website for free to watch  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

User 4385700

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm
woah

boog be lookin sharp  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games