Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 pm
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
<6th Year Slytherin>
AC: 16
Modifiers: (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing)
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Good Arm, Swift Swipe

Lives:

Roll: XX (+8 Blocking Goals) (+8 Scoring) (+8 Stealing) = XX

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Benjamin rolled his eyes when Mira came up and offered her opinion on the matter. He almost wanted to joke that if Camila asked he would say yes just to spite Mira. Honestly though he figured Mira might be a better option than he would as vice captain. Sure Benjamin was more cunning and better business sense but everyone knew he prided himself on his reputation of laziness. Mira was the one who was all work. It made more sense to him to consider Mira for vice captain... His attention turned to Camila as she answered him and he felt a sense of dread as she asked him who he thought in Spanish. Usually Camila swapped to Spanish with him when she was trying to conceal something, or their usual half-flirting banter that was hardly serious. He was dating Camila's best friend and everyone knew he was whipped by the redhead. Even he did and he figured it was safer for himself and his chance to get through the base system if he just agreed to the fact.

Benjamin's eyes widened at Camila's answer and half groaned, "por favor dígame que usted está bromeando..." She was joking, right? Except she wasn't. Her lip chew was an indication she was very much serious about the fact. "Fine... I suppose I can help you out... besides it'll get me access to the prefect's bath, right? Do you know how much I can rub that fact in to Mori? Ooh... she'll be so jealous, I'll have to take pictures to really make her green with envy!" He sighed and looked suspiciously at Camila and said, "Usted va a hacerme el trabajo, ¿verdad? On second thought, can I take back my yes?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:54 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Tristan didn't think he was late, but as he casually strolled through the quidditch gates to meet the rest of his team on the field, it looked like most of them were already there. Probably just early then, he didn't blame them. He was excited to finally be up in the air, soaring in the skies—it was nothing compared to a good run though—but thwacking bludgers into blokes is always fun, too. Glancing over his shoulder as he strolled to snatch up a sign in sheet to fill out; he was curious if Savannah would show. He poked and prodded the idea at her, after all, she'd be able to cover for him on full moon days when he's a right beast, but she had never been interested in the sport. So only time would tell. Tristan quickly filled out and turned in his sheet, then slouched over to lean on his father's old school broom, waiting for tryouts to actually start.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Tristan Hastings
House: Slytherin
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Attending
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser
[OOC: ]
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          AC: 14
                                          Beater Hopeful
                                          (+4 hitting/blocking)
                                          HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%
                                          (0/3)

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:48 pm
User Image
User Image

αɢє 11 | αםvєитυяєя | sℓчтнєяιи ғιяsт чєαя

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty ran out onto the Quidditch field with a school broom in hand ready to get up in the air and fly. One of the good memories she had of Aedan was him teaching them how to fly saying that they should know before going off to school since he crafted brooms. She tended to stay away from any brooms with his signature now and resisted the urge to scowl any time someone bragged about gaining or buying one, but just barely. But today wasn't about him! It was about her! She grinned as she spotted people already down there, all looking much older than her but that was alright! She'd prove her worth regardless. The young girl beamed at everyone before grabbing a form and filling it out then returning it and waiting anxiously for tryouts to start.

Username: Yukina101
                                                                Character's Name: Caty Blake
                                                                Year: 1
                                                                Advanced Flying I: No
                                                                Advanced Flying II: Not
                                                                Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                                Any Special Skill: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
                                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                Second Choice Position: Wherever I'm needed!ஐﻬ

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Position: TBD
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2
Special Skills: Dang Healthy, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ] [ heart ]

I'll think of a mermaid lagoon
Oh--underneath a magic moon
I'll think I'm in a pirate's cave
I'll think I'll be an Indian brave
Now, everybody try--one, two, three!
We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

Mira seriously wanted to fall over. Camila had done it… She had asked Benjamin to be Vice Captain. What was she going to tell her Leo? She’d spent her whole Quidditch career hoping to outdo her sister. However she couldn’t do it. Her sister was vice captain and then captain… “I don’t believe it…” She said in shock. Sure she'd been joking but she didn't think Camila was seriously considering it. In all her life she didn’t think anyone would trust Benjamin with anything that required dedication and any kind of leadership. It just wasn’t Benjamin he was the Captain or Head anything type, at least in Mira’s mind. Apparently she saw something everyone else didn’t. “Just so we all know I’m literally dying inside…” She commented having nothing else to say about it. If out of anything else she figured Quidditch would be her in… but apparently she’d been wrong…

With: Fellow Slytherins... Camila & Benjamin

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Aimed at --- Total Roll: ---
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 Hitting, +8 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

mc2
Essy ze Ninja

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 pm
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image

Savannah cradled the neck of her mother's old school broom; notches dug by nails were worn on the handle and several tail twigs were bent or broken, but the wood had been freshly polished and the broom had proven itself useful over the years. How useful she'd be though, was an entirely different matter. She never fancied herself much of a team player, but her brother needed her and she resolved to help him. Someone would need to make excuses for him, anyway. She was usually that someone. ”Hullo,” she said to her brother just before glancing over her shoulder to squint at the shadow that just fled from her sight. It'd been following her since she left the common room, but would never show its face long enough for her to see; she was starting to think she was going mad. ”Oh brilliant, you're just in time. Go fill out one of the forms,” he told her, extending his beaters bat to direct her towards the stack of parchment. Filing in line she scribbled the hasty details and passed her sheet over to the captain.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Savannah Hastings
Year: Second
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: None
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Any
Second Choice Position: Any

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy
HP: ═ ═ ═ ═ 100%
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:17 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
____________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

A wide gleaming grin swallowed her face the moment Benjamin realized that, no, she really wasn't kidding, and yes, she really did just ask him to be her vice captain. Probably not the most logical decision she could have made, it was actually pretty biased. But who could really blame her? For as long as she can remember, the quidditch team had been captained by some stone cold, pureblood elitist; first that Russian and then Yaxley. Camila wasn't exactly Miss Icy Veins herself, but bloody hell, the team could use a bit more liveliness—it needed more fun. ”Ugh, thank you.” She sighed, but not before shifting her gaze towards Mira as her grin shrunk to a sheepish, almost guilty, smile. ”Sorry Mira,” her shrug was awkward and stiff but was grateful for the occasional interruption as she received the sign in sheets from each newly arriving serpent that slithered onto the field. With a snort, Camila glanced upwards at Benjamin just in time to add, ”Sorry to burst your bubble, Benji, but only captain's get into the prefect bath. You'll have to wait 'til next year,” she said with an impish gleam contouring her features. ”Ha, too late! Conseguir las bolas listo—I'm sure you already have plenty of experience with that.” Camila concluded with a wink before stretching her gaze across the scattered players, it was time to start the try outs.

”Alright, welcome everyone, I'm your new captain for the year, Camila Rojas, and your new vice captain is Benjamin Ryans. If you have you any questions you can ask either one of us. Now, thank you for coming to today's try outs. We'll begin with a few warm up stretches to get ready, then jog two laps around the pitch before we get on our brooms and split up into different teams.

“Green team, your chasers are Devonte and Savannah, and Mira is your beater. Silver team, Caty and I will be chasers and Tristan is beater. Sera and Evander will be chasing the snitch. Benjamin, you'll be keeping the goals against both teams, and help me keep an eye on everything.

“We have one keeper, so we'll be using half the field. That means after every score attempt, the opposite team receives the quaffle and has to return to midfield line to begin again. Beaters, you are not to aim at the seekers during try outs, we'll save that for practices and games only, got it? Now let's start with these stretches,”
        she advised, instructing the players throughout until they had broken off into their laps around the field.

╔════════════════════╗
Silver Chaser

HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+8 stealing/shooting)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

[OOC://Attention! New players are still welcome to join! You may begin the start of the game in your next post (seeking the snitch/catching quaffle/aiming bludger.) For more info on how to play quidditch, see here: [x]]

Green Team:
Chasers: Devonte, Savannah
Beater: Mira

Silver Team:
Chasers: Camila, Caty
Beater: Tristan

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:50 am
User Image

User Image
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kyson hurried onto the pitch, running late. That was what he got for choosing to take a nap and forgetting to set his alarm clock. He hoped the captain would still take him, and if not, then they didn't need him anyways. He rushed through the application and grabbed a school broom, not sure what to do at that point. "Uhh.... sorry I'm late, captain. What do you want me to do?" he asked, nervously scratching the back of his head. If he got denied, he would have to find something else to do with his time.

Username: The Shiny Furret
                                                            Character's Name: Kyson Macclellan
                                                            Year: Second
                                                            Advanced Flying I: enrolled
                                                            Advanced Flying II: no
                                                            Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                            Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                            First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                            Second Choice Position: Keeper

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                            SLYTHERIN SECOND YEAR xx
                                                            RESERVE CHASER xxxxxxxx

Slytherin Chaser
                                                            Nat. Flyer | Good Arm | Swift Swipe
                                                            AC: 13 | Mods: +3
                                                            | |

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name. 'Cause I was only born inside my dreams.
                                                            Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you. 'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia.
                                                            And you're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon.
                                                            Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.
                                                            And just one mistake is all it will take. We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries.

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:13 pm
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes.
I know it's daft, but I guess that I know it deep inside.
It feels like we're ready to crack these days, you and I;
When it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die.
We're gonna separate ourselves tonight...
We're always running scared but holding knives...
But there's a black chandelier, casting shadows and lies.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᶠᶤᶠᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander finished the stretches and jogged the laps, resisting the urge to break into a run. He wanted to, but he also hadn't pushed himself very hard all summer (though he had done a lot of swimming), and he didn't want to puke. He kicked off into the air and rose rapidly, grateful he wouldn't really have to worry about bludgers this tryout. The dark haired boy started looking for the snitch

OOC:
Position: Seeker
AC: 19
Mods: +7 Catching Snitch, +5 Spotting Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Catching Up to Snitch:
Seeking Snitch:

Username

I'll sit in silence for the rest of my life if you'd like.
Dressing our wings with industrial gloves made of wire;
Feel it penetrating the skin, we begin to relax,
When it's just the two of us, and a cute little cup of cyanide.
You left my heart like an abandoned car:
Old and worn out, no use at all...
But I used to be free.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Deviled Dregs rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 10, 10, 2, 2, 5, 4, 9, 2 Total: 56 (10-100)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:27 pm
User Image

User Image

Fourth Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

As the quaffle flew up into the air, Devonte went after it, wanting to get a head start.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Position: Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to stealing and scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: x x x
Posts to goal: /3
Final roll:

Yukina101 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 6, 7, 8, 3, 3, 2, 2, 3 Total: 37 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:14 am
User Image
User Image

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty practically squealed as the captain started tryouts placing them on separate small teams to play against though she was slightly saddened to not be trying for seeker. However, both her brothers were already seekers, diversity was always good! She gently laid down her broom and took off jogging with the rest of the team, entirely grateful that her two best friends acted more like Labrador puppies than actually boys. When she was done she grabbed her broom and flew up into the air already seeing one of the older boys trying to grab at the quaffle. Now or never!ஐﻬ

Position: TBD
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:03 am
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Slytherin Try-outs - Quidditch Pitch

“It’s fine…” Mira replied despite it really not being in her mind. "Congratulations Benjamin." She told him. Pushing everything aside she had a position to maintain. When try-outs were called to officially start, the blonde went to work on her stretches before running the two laps. She needed the run to cool off really. Getting ready she got onto her broom the moment the quaffle was thrown. Mentally she wasn’t really in the game, physically she might have been. Looking at the way the teams were stacked her targets were Caty and Tristan… ‘Okay let’s see...’ Mira thought as she took aim at Tristan. The Slytherin figured Caty wasn’t much of a threat. She could aim at her later.

With: Fellow Slytherins... Camila & Benjamin

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC: Green Team Beater
Aimed at Tristan Total Roll: 19 Hit
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
Modifiers: +8 Hitting, +8 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

Teams:
Green team
Chasers : Devonte and Savannah,
Beater : Mira

Silver team
Chasers : Caty and Camila
Beater : Tristan

Keeper : Benjamin
Seekers : Sera and Evander

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
<3rd Year Slytherin>
Modifiers: (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes

Lives:

Roll: XX (+4 Spotting) (+4 Catching) = XX

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Sera wished she could get away with exercising more and pushing herself more over the summer, but alas it wasn't "ladylike" to run about. Besides their house elf had enough trouble chasing after Alec. At least she got away with practicing flying and horseback riding. So taking an easy jog behind Evander she started her flight quickly after and began her search of the snitch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
____________________________________________________________________________________
sσмє тнιиɢs scяαтcн тнє sυяғαcє ωнιℓє σтнєяs sтяιкє αт чσυя sσυℓ

”No worries,” she said as she directed her broom back to the ground level and reached Kyson on the grass. After a quick glance over, she nodded and pointed a finger up in the air. ”You can join the green team as a chaser with Devonte and Savannah,” she began, pointing to each player in the sky to give Kyson a sense of who was who. Nodding conclusively, Camila turned to watch the quaffle fall into the opposing team's hand just as Mira cracked a bludger down. Launcing herself into the game, she gunned down Devonte and barreled in for a quick steal attempt.

╔════════════════════╗
Silver Chaser

HP ══ ══ ══ 100%
(+8 stealing/shooting)
(0/3)

╚════════════════════╝

[OOC://Attention! New players are still welcome to join! For more info on how to play quidditch, see here: [x]]

Green Team:
Chasers: Devonte, Savannah, Kyson
Beater: Mira

Silver Team:
Chasers: Camila, Caty
Beater: Tristan

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:05 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Tristan barely had a chance to catch his bearings; he'd gotten rusty over the summer where finding a place to fly unseen was too occupied by trees or buildings to ever practice. And he couldn't exactly join the local rounders team in Hampshire; his mum would freak. So that bludger that just thwacked into his shoulder was completely unexpected, it nearly knocked him clean off his broom if he hadn't already been flying in the same direction as the cannon's velocity. Blood rushed to the sensitive nerves and he bit back a growl. What a way to start a game, ey?

[OOC: ]
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          Silver Beater
                                          (+4 hitting/blocking)
                                          HP: ═ ═ ═ 75%
                                          Aiming At:

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:52 pm
User Image
User Image

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐ Caty pouted a bit when she didn't even manage to get close to the quaffle but that didn't stop her! Seeing the older girl not be able to steal she decided to come around from his other side with her arm outstretched to make a grab.ஐﻬ

Position: Chaser
AC: 12
Modifiers: +2 to Catch

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games