Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Multimedia
Anime/manga <-WTF. Not emo! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Im Diggin That Dope

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm
Sin_Jester_of_Midnight
Kurishii_Chanx3
Favorite anime or mangas: NANA, Paradise Kiss, Ouran High, Saiyuki,xXxHolic,Lucky Star, Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, Fruit Basket, One Peice
Why:THeyre all fun loving anime.
Most Hated:Naruto, Death Note, FMA, Trigun
Why:Theyre all too mainstream and overrated
Recommend to:Shoujo isn't just for girls read NANA watch the anime and the movies and love the NANA cosplayer at Ikasucon

Ouran High scool?i love tat show!!its awesome!

i loooove ouran high school, an jubei chan!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:59 pm
Kurishii_Chanx3
Favorite anime or mangas: NANA, Paradise Kiss, Ouran High, Saiyuki,xXxHolic,Lucky Star, Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu, Fruit Basket, One Peice[/b]
Why:THeyre all fun loving anime.
Most Hated:Naruto, Death Note, FMA, Trigun
Why:Theyre all too mainstream and overrated
Recommend to:Shoujo isn't just for girls read NANA watch the anime and the movies and love the NANA cosplayer at Ikasucon

If you want main stream and overrated, look at your own favorites list first. I'm the first to admit I like Lucky Star, Fruits Basket, and Host Club, but they are overrated. There are better things out there.
Trigun is amazing and not that main stream anymore.
It is old, people know it, but it is by far less talked about than things such as Lucky Star, Fruits Basket.
And something being mainstream is not a reason to not enjoy it. I like things for what they are, not for their popularity rating. If something is good and popular, that is not going to stop me liking it. You are putting up barriers and shoving things into boxes. Isn't the whole goal of the 'emo' philosophy to not categorize, not to limit things, to go against the grain. You, if anything, are watching the most mainstream things I've seen.
You seem to like popular Shoujo manga, and not like shohen very much. That is not reason to claim you do not like something for being 'mainstream'.
Now a word from my sister,
[Generally is not a fan of Shoujo]
You are saying NANA is a good anime/manga for everybody, male or female, Otaku or newb, to cut their teeth on.
Sorry, there are much better shoujo comics, mainstream or not.
All of CLAMP's work are good, especially Angelic Layer, Chobits, Legal Drug, Card Captor Sakura...
Fushigi Yugi, both arcs, are decent. Any of Yuu Watase's works, Fantasy set, are good.
God Child/Count Cain Saga is a good shoujo too, as you seem to like the 'girly' animes/manga.

iGrunny E M O

xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx

Gracious Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:17 pm
I would say Naruto, FMA, and Death Note are all pretty mainstream...
It's cause they're the most popular (For some strange reason. I'm really not a fan of any of them).
And their fangirls disgust me "Oh! Edward Elric he's so dreamy! If you say anything bad about him I WILL RIP YOUR ******** THROAT OUT!"
Blech. girls like that sicken me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:16 pm
xXxCrimson_ShadowxXx
I would say Naruto, FMA, and Death Note are all pretty mainstream...
It's cause they're the most popular (For some strange reason. I'm really not a fan of any of them).
And their fangirls disgust me "Oh! Edward Elric he's so dreamy! If you say anything bad about him I WILL RIP YOUR ******** THROAT OUT!"
Blech. girls like that sicken me.

I'm not saying they aren't mainstream.
I like them all.
Blarg.
Al is much better.
But we are all entitled to our own opinions.
I simply stated that just because something is mainstream is not a reason not to like it.
I take things the actual item, not its popularity count.
It just got my goat that she listed that as a reason for not liking them.
Especially when she had the ones I highlighted in red on her list.
All are uber mainstream.  

iGrunny E M O

Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas