Bad luck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:24 pm
Methos laughed, placing his sword on one of the pews, next to his overcoat, and picked up a matched pair of hard wooden swords. "These are practise swords," he said, tossing one to Phoenix. "Less likely to cut yourself."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:25 am
She caught it more automatically then anything and made a face out of distaste, "Instead I can be pretty colors from bruises, oh fun." She for one didn't like the balance of the practice sword, but wasn't about to voice that.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:17 pm
Methos moved easily around her, watching Phoenix's subtle nuances of pose and mood. "Your bruises will heal before you really notice them," he said, his white teeth flashing in a grin. "They're more so you'll know when you've been tagged without bleeding everywhere."

He stopped, looking at her curiously. "What's the matter with your sword?"  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm
"Honestly? I hate the balance and the weight." She grinned after her words, "But I'll live, it'll just throw me off a bit, that's all."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:36 pm
"Really?" Methos looked puzzled. The practice swords had come from MacLeod's dojo... They should be meticulously balanced. Of course, they were lighter than a metal sword.

Methos took Phoenix's sword from her and balanced it easily across one finger. He raised an eyebrow at her questioningly.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:47 pm
She shrugged, "Did I happen to say that my normal sword ain't balanced? So of course it being balanced is messing with my head, gesh." She a small smile she went to snatch it back, "Now lets get back to making me look like an idiot."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:32 pm
"Your wish is my command," Methos started to joke as Phoenix snatched back her wooden sword, but then he shook his head. "I'm not trying to make you look like an idiot, Phoenix. You've done remarkably well for 20 or so years without a teacher and with an unbalanced sword."

He struck a ready pose, sword at guard. "Attack me."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:17 am
"Hey I like my the way my sword is thank you." She had moved on to defending her sword, why, simply because she really did like it. With a deflated sigh, halfway an act, she did as told, even going as far to drop her playfulness, then went to attack. She had been very right, strength was not her friend, speed on the other hand was, given her body structure it worked out well enough, but she went to get his lower side, ribs on all truth...  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:21 am
Phoenix was fast, Methos noted approvingly, as he twisted to avoid her thrust, his sword knocking the tip of hers aside. Like her, Methos' skill lay in speed and cunning rather than strength, making him the perfect teacher for her.

"Good," he grinned, dancing away. Suddenly he was on the attack, sword darting and clunking against hers, at first nothing that she couldn't easily block.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:35 pm
Which was true, she wasn't good at blocking, moving the hell out of way she was kinda, at lest well enough she wasn't dead yet. A deep frown was etched into her features, she wasn't a fan of fighting, mainly because she fully believed she sucked at it, which was at lest halfway true. That was one thing about her, she was not a positive person by any means, she had accepted a while ago her life sucked and was going to be short. It was just like she accepted she was not a people person therefore made no friends, after all they were just going to kick it anyway, or she would, either way it was pointless in the end, that's why she had a bird and a job that wouldn't miss her if she suddenly disappeared or died.

Which made her reasoning for agreeing to even be here slightly odd, but hey the chance to maybe not get her a** killed came along and she grudenly took it, that was a good sign all on it's on. She was willing to improve herself, even if she looked slightly miserable, only slightly though, maybe more then slightly, but not much more.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:19 pm
Methos picked up speed, and noted the point where his ability passed her skill to block. She avoided his thrusts for a few rounds out of sheer speed and agility, but before long he had poked her side then had the flat of the wooden blade against her neck.

"Do you want to die?" he asked her quietly.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:28 pm
"That question has been addressed to me a surprising amount of times, it's getting to be highly annoying." That much showed just from the anger in her eyes, oh she wasn't angry about the fact she was below standards in fighting, no, she was ticked at his question. A couple of years ago she might have answered truthfully with a yes, hell a year ago she might have, but eh last few months she had finally found some things she liked, which was oddly why she was angry. "If the answer to that question was yes do you honestly think I'd be here?"  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 pm
Methos stepped back, lowering his sword. "I'm glad to hear you say that," he said, "if you truly mean it. It's not enough to mearly try to exist until someone succeeds in taking your head. You should want to live. I can't teach you that. I can teach you how to survive, but if you don't want to live you'll lose to the first person who wants it more."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 pm
Now that got her to roll her eyes, "No s**t, again, I didn't have to be here did I? I didn't have to agree to anything at all, when I was bleeding to death because some idiot shoot me I could have told you to go to hell. Not to sound like a baby but I really don't like balanced swords." That was completely off topic but so very true, "Besides I don't want my birdie to die."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:17 pm
"Your... birdie?" Methos' eyes widened. "Okay, okay, enough lecture for now. Have some water." He pointed at the cooler. "I don't know you, you're right. It's just that you seem so... disconnected. It's unusual in an Immortal your age. It's worrisome."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff