Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Television! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:52 pm
Invictus_88
Watch my Chops.

I love the song at the start of that, best bit. (..and Balamory is crazy cool, which coloured house am I going to, man, WHICH ONE??! Plus, I have been to Tobermory and it is such a lovely little place.)
Tellytubbies shoudl never have been though, hasn't it gone yet?

Kids TV still seems to have moral messages in it but they are almost always far more wishy-washy than they used to be, and ALWAYS about friendship. I think it's because it's easy. "know who your real friends are", "be true to yourself", "make lots of friends", "crumble under the pressure of your peer group", "everyone is special".

I think it's an American TV influence showing through.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:58 am
ficklefiend
Invictus_88
Watch my Chops.

I love the song at the start of that, best bit. (..and Balamory is crazy cool, which coloured house am I going to, man, WHICH ONE??! Plus, I have been to Tobermory and it is such a lovely little place.)
Tellytubbies shoudl never have been though, hasn't it gone yet?

Kids TV still seems to have moral messages in it but they are almost always far more wishy-washy than they used to be, and ALWAYS about friendship. I think it's because it's easy. "know who your real friends are", "be true to yourself", "make lots of friends", "crumble under the pressure of your peer group", "everyone is special".

I think it's an American TV influence showing through.

Your signature quote makes me unreasonably happy.

xd

Invictus_88
Captain

Maskani

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:53 pm
I have a question to make, concerning retro TV. Has anyone ever heard of a show called "Twinkle the Dream Being?"

A friend of mine swears that it exists and that he saw it, but he can't find any clips or pictures or even any references to it. Granted, when he tells us that it's about a little blue guy fuzzing around on a yellow cloud fighting nightmares...it does sound a tiny bit acid-tripped.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:12 am
Sounds familiar.

EDIT: Found it.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:23 pm
*drum roll, dancing latex-clad strippers and a pyrotechnic laser show*

*BOOM*

SUPERBOWL EX EL EYE

*EXPLODES*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 am

...what was that?

Invictus_88
Captain

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:29 am
Well, seeing as the 41st Superbowl was on the main ITV channel for it's entirety. I thought I would tell people what I was watching. No latex-clad strippers though, sadly  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:07 pm
Is it wrong that I had to google superbowl to be sure what it was?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:17 pm
It's a sign of purity.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:04 am
<_<  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

wodewose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm
After that truly AWFUL Robin Hood on BBC, thank Herne ITV is repeating Richard Carpenter`s Robin of Sherwood on it`s digital channels.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 am
Check out this badass ******** piece of coursework:

The Language of Comedy: an Analysis of the Way Language is Used to Humorous Effect in ‘The Office’ with Specific Focus on Episode One of Series Two
In contrast to Brent, whom the audience laughs at, jokes made by another character, Tim, are often considered funny in their own right. The main reason that Tim is often the only character who can execute a joke that is humorous within the context of the show is that the audience’s identification with his situation and his own resigned attitude towards his life makes him an inherently sympathetic character. This underlines the social aspect of humour: a person is more likely to laugh at a joke if it is being told by somebody they like or respect. Although Tim makes quite adept use of comic timing, irony and wit to construct his jokes, the audience would be less inclined to consider them funny even if executed properly by a less sympathetic character like Brent or Gareth.

This is characterised within the episode by the contrast between the expected response from the audience when similar instances happen to Tim and to Gareth. During the opening sequence when Gareth, Brent and a third, unnamed employee interrupt Tim at his work, they are the butt of the joke – because the audience identifies with Tim, this is interpreted as Gareth and Brent “making fools of themselves”. In contrast, when Tim and Dawn later interrupt Gareth at his work he is again the butt, because the audience sympathises with Tim and Dawn’s “need” to mock a colleague they find insufferable.

It goes on like that for like 3818 words.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

xXx White Lily xXx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:01 am
I have to write about The Office for my media exam
I'm not gonna nick anything from that post.. honest... ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:11 pm
gonk

Maybe it's the sickness talking, but I genuinely couldn't understand more than three words in a row of that.  

Panthino the Moth

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:49 pm
xXx White Lily xXx
I have to write about The Office for my media exam
I'm not gonna nick anything from that post.. honest... ninja

Wasn't there a Media Studies exam last summer that had to write about Lazy Town?  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff