Reply ~ Main Forum ~
r u proud to be a goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 am
I'm not sure I get the question. Proud? Maybe being yourself in the face of adversity, or expressing yourself creatively could invoke pride, but simply sticking a label on yourself isn't something to be proud about.

A country of Goths would be fun for a bit, but get boring rather quickly.
Different types of people make life fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:35 pm
Yes, I am..shall we say, content, being goth?
It has definitley done great things for my life, contrary to what most would think. I tend to attract people with problems -- who tend to be more mature, and thus, I am friends with many mature people, which, I enjoy much more then the average immature idiots.

I am proud of who I am, but not of how I dress. It is simply neutral. It feels right, but not in a "dark doomed" way. Just, I think it looks interesting.

I suppose I dress with a clash of a few "lables"
Mainly gothic, and emo slightly.
Sometimes ith some punkish attributes aswell. I piece myself together for the day, however I feel. (Which tends to be influenced by dreams the night before, literature, energy, and whatever else controls day-to-day changes)  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:49 pm
I think to take real pride in such a minor issue is very degrading to the person whom is doing this.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:12 pm
User Image

Im not proud to be goth, im Proud to be who i am.

RAWRiwantmyCOOKI

Happy Cha0s

Dapper Trickster

19,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:11 pm
im proud to be me*shugs* being goth isnt what defines me or what makes me proud i am  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:55 am
hell yeah, I'm proud because I'm me and being a goth is part of who i am  

Milo-Bveyele

MyLittleCastle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Yeah, I am!  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:17 am
HELL YEAH! i really dont care what ppl think. in my opinion its better then being all fake and frilly and preppy, or just normal average and boring, ya know?  

ii-See-Stars-x

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:11 am
Roxi780
HELL YEAH! i really dont care what ppl think. in my opinion its better then being all fake and frilly and preppy, or just normal average and boring, ya know?

Normal doesn't mean boring you know, it just means we're not extrovert and probably have more to talk about then music or our latest hot topic purchase. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 pm
Rellik San
Roxi780

Normal doesn't mean boring you know, it just means we're not extrovert and probably have more to talk about then music or our latest hot topic purchase. stressed

And more importantly, perhaps, is the fact that "not goth" certainly isn't synonymous with "normal".

There are plenty of non-goths who are exceptionally odd people, and many goths who are totally predictable and set-in-their-ways. There may be a seductive grandeur to the gothic aesthetic, but who's to say Jonny B. Normalson down the street isn't hiding his rape victims in his basement? Who's to say that the "fake" preps are faking it?

A lesson to be learned as a goth is that "Not all goths are bad people, even if the exterior is dark or spooky". And from that lesson we should also learn "Not all preps are plastic," and that "If a normal person is average, the average person is not normal."  

GilAskan
Crew

G E T T R O L L E D

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:45 pm
******** ya! i been a proud goth-punk all my life even before the trendy hot topic was around. glad to found this guild ty guys  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:08 pm
Well, I have been proud of well-put-together outfits, and well-transitioned mix CDs, but I don't think that's the same thing. I will admit, I am proud of how pale my complexion is and how few spots I have, because I put alot of attention into that.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:15 am
I have been a goth for so long now, ever since I was fourteen I noticed that I didnt fit anywhere. Kids made fun of me and I just felt alone. I always liked the color black and eventually school had a way of letting me see the foolishness of most people. I eventually found a group of goth's. I remember how good it felt to actually know people who felt similar to what I felt. We had great time, laughing at how "normal" people normally act and think. I eventually became full goth, before I might have been classed as emo but after awhile I just stopped caring what others think and even found some of it amusing to myself. So to answer your question I am a goth and I am proud to be goth, and will die as a goth. Although I have to agree with GilAskan and Rellik San, not all people who are not goth's are dull. I have had many friends who werent goth and sometimes prefer them over goths. Heh, I even had a group of Christians as my friends and I am Wicca. They were very good friends. But there is on thing I do disagree with, I am gothic but I dont just talk about music and hot topic purchases all the time. I dont even shop at hot topic, lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:21 pm
I'm proud of it. after my best friend graduates this year, I'll be the only hardcore Goth in my school... but it's gonna be fun mrgreen  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Annie_Rose_Red

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:06 pm
im not sure cause im not fully goth im more country-girl than goth but all my friends are and im proud cause we all understand each other were like a family(wow that was deeper than expected)  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff