Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi vs. Yuri Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I like...
  Yaoi!
  Yuri!
  Yaoi and Yuri!
  Chocolate!!! XD
View Results

Lady Seraph

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:18 pm
I've never read or watched yuri. I've seen some art and didn't like it, too much boobage stare

2 Guys though, how can a girl resist wink Plus the stories are fun, and the characters are better. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:08 am
I prefer yaoi, because it has more feel to it and more expicit content. Also they have something to *ahem* with besides fingers. Oh and not to mention the fact that they are two guys, unbelievably hot guys, fake or not, and they're.... *fangirl squeal* *faints*  

BANNING SYSTEM032

Luna Mystica

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:49 am
I guess, since this is a Yaoi guild. Yaoi is going to win.
I like Yaoi more btw. ^^"  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:49 pm
I've never really checked out the fandom for yuri... To be honest, it scares me a little. Probably because of the cleavage... *shudders*

I like yaoi. Probably a bit too much. *shrugs* Oh, well.  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

xMartyrdomx

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:36 pm
I don't mean this statement as sexist or anything, but I think only homosexual or bisexual men can understand the love that comes from Yaoi. But hey, it doesn't mean there can;t be fangirls. I have several friends who say they love to see the buttsecks, but there are also girls who say they just prefer to see the love or romance.

Maybe you're right, that men right yuri. I believe yuri is meant for guys since a lot of straight men have the fantasy of women making love to each other.

Sexuality is a very complicated thing, but I think the best thing you should do is go with what is natural. Don't let that little voice in your head tell you it's wrong, because 4 out of 5 times, it might be.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:24 pm
I've always loved yaoi but not much really thought about yuri...yuri's nice but i dont like it much because it seems...wrong for me to like it confused so yaoi wins !  

acornlove

Wataru_is_love

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:43 pm
xMartyrdomx
I don't mean this statement as sexist or anything, but I think only homosexual or bisexual men can understand the love that comes from Yaoi.

I disagree. It's easy, imo, for straight females to understand that love. It's really no different than any other kind of love, if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 pm
~I absolutely adore yuri. In fact, I kind of prefer it to yaoi, in theory. ^^;; I've noticed the lack of much quality yuri anything, fanstuffs or original. crying

There's some really great things out there, though I've never been able to find satisfactory smut. >.> I think that there are just fewer fans of the femmeslash in comparison to the boyslash. Alas and woe.

Now hopefully I won't totally screw up the f/f fancomic I'm working on.  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

[`Novacaine]

Devout Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:10 pm
Yaoi!
My reasons?
More varitey and it gives me more happiness than yuri (my reasons I will not disclose!) But yaoi more, Ive always loved Gay men o-o I don't know why, but putting my smutty mind into my anime makes it more entertaining and fun ^-^
So yaoi yaoi yaoi  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:29 pm
Both are fine with me, but yaoi is better. I just enjoy reading and watching male on male rather than two girls. And there is always hentai... blaugh  

Enbii

spoon of sugar

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:56 am
well personally i have seen movies the tend to portray yuri badly so i have takin a liking to yaoi. but if the story is good enough and i like the pairing then im sure yuri can be redeemed in my book  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:02 pm
In yaoi there's more passion seen. In yuri, the artwork doesn't have much passion, you usually just see them holding hands, and they look more like friends. Yaoi has more intensity heart  

Master Seraph

k.nightfox

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:33 pm
I never saw a yuri series but I don't think I'll be into it because the fact Im a boy. So I prefer yaoi and I don't want to be sexist. It's just there's not much yuri that looks interesting. So yeah... bye bye ;3  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 4:57 am
kawaii-eyesloveyou-miy_u_
xMartyrdomx
I don't mean this statement as sexist or anything, but I think only homosexual or bisexual men can understand the love that comes from Yaoi.

I disagree. It's easy, imo, for straight females to understand that love. It's really no different than any other kind of love, if you ask me.
But you have to understand there are some points that women can't get across. Like there are ment who actually don't like buttsecks. There's actually a whole organization that frowns upon a**l sex. Don't get me wrong, a have a few friends that sure can right Yaoi and they're girls. I just feel more comfortable with it being a male.

As for Yuri, there should be more, I do agree, but I don't look at it as often.

xMartyrdomx

aa_beatrix

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:39 pm
I enjoy both yaoi and yuri, but I love yaoi WAY more. I don't think about yuri nearly as much as I do yaoi. I've always got it on the brain. Especially when I'm bored in class and start pairing up boy classmates in my head. XD They're too cute not to do it. ^^' Gives me something to do. :3 My bookstores also have a lack of yuri in their selection. T___T  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff