Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Girls are Lesbians For Reading Yaoi?] Hypocritical Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HighKiller(HK)

13,340 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:12 pm
They just want to get on your nerves -.-; They did me the same. Then they shut up when i said I liked Yuri also. Some people talk before they think. (No offense against them) ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 am
I have been asked.... but I just say "What do you think?" they'd reply "You're a lez" then "Okay, whatever"

They're so stupid.. can't they see that I'm just the hardcore type of girl?!  

black_bloody_princess

MiStReSsOuKa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:05 am
I hate stuff like this i was called a lezbian before for looking at the yaoi pics....hell i even get called it for looking at the yuri pics as well i just think the pictures are so beautiful!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:35 am
That is a really good question.

My personal experience has been seeing how comfortable and acceptable, and even beautiful the shounen-ai couples were and feeling more comfortable with my own sexuality.

I personally watch yaoi for the purpose of the in depth, attractive guys and fun occurences. They just seem to have more appealing, more complete relationships in a lot of the animes that I watch. It does not have to do with girls at all for me, so I'm not sure why people would, but they certainly do, equate yaoi lovers as being homosexual themselves.

I don't mind the mispercetion, though. It's just the way their minds work, it's not like it is in any way an insult. I just tell them that the lesbian side of me would rather be watching Yuri, not just yaoi.  

FaitoKuro

ClumzyKittenz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:57 pm
i think they are stupid and they just don't think things through. i just don't let it get to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:35 pm
i agree...
welp ppl don't...of havn't labled me yet but...
yes i admit...i went out with a girl once...but i never did anything like that.
I stare...er...read yaoi infront of anyone and they call me a freak!  

xoSHIRAHIMEox

Eternal Baby

12,250 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

Roxas-kun14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:42 am
no.....i read a lot of yaoi and im not a lesbian...i am bi but im not a lesbian....i have a friend who reads yaoi and shes not bi or lesbian........  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:03 pm
no.... any person can read it... just because they read yaoi it doesn't mean they r lesbians.. jeez.... rolleyes  

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

[~FallenAngel~]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:29 pm
Their just idiots-_-  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:24 pm
i haven't been thought of as a lesbian yet. ^^::  

nenesama

Uchimaki Yuuzora

Cuddly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:31 am
Phantom Shifter
Fiesty
Ignore it
That's just dumb
Logically or illogicaly
It's just like wtf ?
people some times have no clue what they are talking about

If a well-groomed boy was wearing star hairpin things [what do you call them?] he'd be asked if he was gay and perhaps mocked as gay. Though how you groom yourself and dress shouldn't determine your sexuality.

Girls interested in something sexual is a subject that some societies don't know how to address and is abnormal and maybe viewed as a guy interest. So they're doing the same thing asking a girl if she's a lesbian for having interest in something sexual as asking a guy if he's gay, because of how he's dressed.

It's like saying, "Why aren't you being like everyone else? You're weird."

Cartoons encourage people to be themselves, real life encourages everyone to be carbon copies [If you fit in and blend in you don't get hurt]. I have a tattoo and it wasn't until after the fact that I came to a full realization of how tats are looked down upon. It's in an extremely obvious place too. It's not one of those small ones you put on your back or ankle. When I got it I was thinking 'art', now I have to be careful how I dress around relatives.

Very well put. I agree! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:27 pm
Uchimaki Yuuzora

Ehhh... is it really always sexual in nature? *shakes head* If I'm understanding you correctly, then two boys can only like each other if they want to have sex with each other? Forgive me if I don't necessarily like that thought. I really don't enjoy the type of scenarios where two guys only get together because they want to have sex--to me, it's not a good enough of a reason for me to waste my time reading it. I know that that's a very old-fashioned idea and I'm aware that I'm just overall very, very old fashioned in general. I will always support the love aspect of a relationship far above the sex because I think that those feelings are way more important in a relationship for it to really last. That is not to say that once the characters' relationship has developed then I don't think that it's innappropriate for them to have sex--no! Quite the opposite really. Sex is a way to inhance the feelings that are already there. If BL was really only about sex then I definitely wouldn't spend my time with it.

Awe, isn't that sweet and steaming loud of bullshit. Pardon me, but I'm really goddamn sick of these stupid conversions. Let's see if I can get this through everyone's thick skull, in other words I don't just mean this at you, okay? It seems like NOONE GETS what I'm Saying. Do you girls even freaking try?

I like sex, I like it hardcore. Sure I like love too, but there's love in all kinds of stuff and Yaoi IS sexual in nature. Sure there are cute little boy love stories, but they're usually more like shonen-ai. Look, I like cute little love stories. But I can get a kick out of any cute little love story whether it's straight or gay or whatever.

Let me put this as simply as I can possibly muster. I Like Sexual Content. Yes, I like the stories in Yaoi, but just as long as it gets to some sex. Everything else in the world is all about the relationship. It's always an endless song going on all the time. I like the love, but that's not the main reason I'm into Yaoi. If that were, there would be no reason to like Yaoi. It would be boring and no different from anything else I like.

Look, I don't get you girls. I don't get you at all. You don't get me either, so yeah. Don't go preaching that love bullshit to me, because Yaoi is for fun. It's not a reflection of reality, it's a fantasy. If you think any differently then I'm worried for your sanity. But like I say, I don't get you girls. I admit it. I REALLY don't get you. But you gotta realize you don't know s**t about me either. You don't understand me.

I'm not trying to get all pissed off [even though I am], but you're not "listening". Let's just agree to disagree.

Uchimaki Yuuzora
I'm straight as straight can get and I'll say that right now. I've never in my life been attracted to a female and at this point I really don't think that I ever would be (because I have a very long track record of being attracted to guys. And my earliest memories of being attracted to anyone would have to have started when I was about 5/6, when I thought that I was in love with this boy in my kindergarten class. Ever since then I've always, always, always loved boys)... but I do support some shoujo-ai. That doesn't make me a lesbian because I think that love is love irregardless of gender. I have some lesbian friends and some gay friends so I don't discriminate against any types of love as long as there is love involved. If you're going to say that me not discriminating against love makes me bi or lesbian or whatever, then go ahead. *shrugs*

Yeah, yeah. You're all about the "luv" and "acceptance". Am I somehow arguing you're not? Sure-sure, love is love and I just so happen to have many cynical views about that I won't go into. I don't care if you like stuff for the love in it. I simple think that love is the same no matter where you get it, so if I'm gonna be into Yaoi- it's because of the sex. Do you get what I'm saying? Love to me doesn't appear any freaking different. What appears different is the sex and I have a preference there. I'm not sure you'll get that. So let me put it like this.

You're romantic. I'm horny. That's the amazing difference~ If I wanted to be romantic I'd go find something romantic, but not Yaoi [Shonen-ai, maybe]. Like I say though, I'm horny. I would think about romance and then I'd think about sex. Romance bores the hell out of me if it goes on too long.

Uchimaki Yuuzora
I also adore het. You said that many straight girls hated shoujo romances but I'm going to have to differ strongly there...

No, I didn't say that. I said they hate certain characters and you basically supported what I said. Why the hell would girls hate shoujo? They're like the chick flicks of Manga! Girls are the freaking target. Reallly wtf? I agree with you. I didn't disagree with you to begin with.

Uchimaki Yuuzora
I actually love both kinds of guys. I adore the bishounen and the macho macho guys make me swoon as well. Most of the time, though, I'll like a guy because of his personality. Rock Lee from Naruto isn't the hottest anime character alive but I love him to pieces. Why? Because he's sweet and valiant and has a loyalty that I would die to find in a guy.

Okay, well I don't see that you're making any kind of counter point here. I'm just saying girls like Bishonen. I wasn't saying they only liked bishonen. Wow, aren't you the most morally perfect and sound person on the face of the earth? All you care about is love and personality? Well, I'd call you a phony, but I don't know or get you- like I already admitted, so I’m not saying you’re anything.

Uchimaki Yuuzora
To sum up what I'm trying to get across? I think that the thought that females being pinned as "lesbian" for liking BL/yaoi is ridiculous. I think that if you're a lesbian who does like BL/yaoi then I'm sure that you have your reasons and more power to you. I think that overall, trying to find a way to prove sexuality by what a person supports just doesn't make sense at all because Love=Love and it's not fair to try to pin a label on someone for not discriminating Love.

And Phantom Shifter, I feel your pain. Any time that I try to respond to something, my responses are always really, really long. sweatdrop

I have no idea what you're saying. Love is love, but sex and sexuality is something else. Let me say this,
I don't get you
I don't get you
I don't get any of you
I don't get girls
I don't get your point, it doesn't make sense
I REALLY don't understand
I don't get you!
I don't know what you're talking about half the time. I'm sorry, I just don't.
Does not Compute
I'm sorry-- that's it~ You fried my systems. I'm down for the count. Come on, everyone, please stop conversing with/at me.
I'm out, I'm completely out. You killed me, you really did. I'm dead right now. Just stop- stop talking to me. I'm at my funeral, now they're putting me in the ground. I’m dead~ And those bastards were supposed to cremate me.
I'm so depressed. I'm depressed as hell.

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:52 pm
I didn't call your beliefs bullshit. I thought what you said was bull. I don't really care one way or the other about you or what you really live by. Like I admitted, I don't get you. I don't get anyone- okay? Why do you keep talking to me? [It’s not working too well] You don't get what I'm saying, please give up and we'll agree to disagree, alright? I don’t even know what we’re talking about at this point, honestly.

Pardon me for calling you a romantic? That wasn't an insult I was just explaining our differences in view. You’re totally entitled to your opinion no matter how phony or whatever I think it is. But hey, I’m entitled to mine too.

Let’s make this simple. At least try. I flip out, I’m good at that. I get frustrated feeling like no one understands what I’m saying. Like everyone’s a brick wall or something. Maybe I have no business trying to communicate. “I’m sorry, I get it, I don’t get it, you’re right, I’m wrong, I’m right, you’re wrong, what the hell are we even talking about”- pick whatever response you want. I don’t care. I should’ve never cared to begin with, hence I’m sorry I said a thing. I’m not even sure why you responded to me in the first place, but obviously I should’ve just shrugged it off. Damn, why do I bother~ I need a break- I’m done. I’m on Hiatus for while. Farewell.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff