Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_LLexAxeLL_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:04 pm
I love yaoi a lot, and I guess you can say I show it on the internet or the computer.. But I can't do that in real life, unless it's with my sisters or something.. Like, if my parents found out that I liked yaoi or shounen ai, I think I'd die.. ;_; Sadly..  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:54 am
Erk, kinda. My Dad would probably not care, like, I think it weird him out at first, and then he'd be all "Waitasecond, why they do I care what kind of manga she likes?" That is- if he doesn't already know. He found on of my mangas laying open- on one of the dirtier scenes, and he's all "You shouldn't leave books laying on their spines."

My mom would probably drag me to church. She flipped out when I told her I was agnostic... I thought she already knew, but nope. Yeah, she asked me a ton of questions. To this day I regret not asking her "where do you think I'll go when I die?" So if she found out about that... o.x

a r g e n t m e r x

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 am
My mom knew YEARS ago and she deosn't care really shes all like "Fine if thats what you get a kick out of" XD My dad doeas'nt know (He and my mom have been apart since i was 2) and hes a total homophopbe so i dont really want to tell him. My younger sister knows though bless her she has to deal with her Yaoi obsessed sister XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:50 am
My mom knows I like yaoi and she rly don't care lol cause before she knew that I told her I'm gay so.. not a great deal she's rly open minded blaugh  

Eduard-kun

_LLexAxeLL_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:04 am
Eduard-kun
My mom knows I like yaoi and she rly don't care lol cause before she knew that I told her I'm gay so.. not a great deal she's rly open minded blaugh

Well, glad that worked out smoothly. x_x Some parents are against gays and stuff, like.. To the point where they'd probably kick there kid out..  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:13 pm
I wasn't always open about me loving yaoi. My friends and sister know about my obsession of it and don't care as long as I am happy. Some even support me. My gay boyfriends tell me their "nights" cause I am like the only person that doesn't get disgusted about it. 4laugh So I guess coming out has good consequences.

My mom and dad do not know what yaoi means and I am happy for it. I love my mom for buying me a purse that says "I heart Yaoi". I was shocked but when my sister saw it she just busted out laughing and almost told her what the word meant. But being a good younger sister, I tackled her to the ground and covered her mouth. 3nodding domokun I think my mom knows, but she hasn't confronted me about it.  

SnapesSune-ku

Hate To The Core

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:39 am
Well my parents and some of my friends in real life know i love shounen ai/yaoi and i had make my stand clear that no matter what..they can't stop me from loving yaoi/shounen ai. My net friends know i am crazy over yaoi and i love to discuss yaoi matters with them.

The 1st time i closed myself in my room and watch yaoi, i was a lil nervous and scared i was caught by my parents...but after my sis and brother saw me watching it, they think it's nothing..it's just boy x boy relationship..but i asked them to keep this a secret to my parent. After my dad and mum found out what i am watching..i told them, it's nothing..and they can only call me pervert or stop me from watching any yaoi amv etc...but that only goes for few days..after that they don't really care anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:58 am
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato
Only a couple of my friends know that I like it and when I said I like yaoi their reaction was, ''wtf is yaoi?'' Then I tell them and their all. D: And I'm all ^^;..... yup.

Well when my mother's idoit husband (he's a homophobe) asked about my shirt the conversation went:

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"umm a type of Anime..or Manga.. I guess.."

"What type?"

"I really don't want to get into this John..."

"come on what type"

*after 3 or 4 minutes of him badgering me*

"fine. It's boy/ boy love"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare

I know how you feel 3nodding My Father is a homophobe and didnt like me watching or even taken a peek at it.My mom on the other hand likes it and watches it too (With me > xd
But now I live by myself D: (Kind of,still have my brother visiting from my mom`s house every now and then x_x) So its not a problem anymore D:  

Neni Chibi

Neni Chibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:01 am
_LLexAxeLL_
Eduard-kun

Well, glad that worked out smoothly. x_x Some parents are against gays and stuff, like.. To the point where they'd probably kick there kid out..

That almost happened to me but my mom is a vicious person and would claw out my dad`s eyes if needed xd Now she lives in her own house since the divorce (Big fight > >)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:17 pm
i think my friends (who are intyo anime/manga) have an idea that i like yaoi but they arnt as into it as i am but they dont shun me either....
my mom and dad don't have any idea which is wierd because of all of my yaoi pics on the comp....
my friends(who arnt into anime/manga) dont know because there is no real reason to talk about it.....
but i think im getting more comfiterble about my being bi... but im afraid of what my best friend would think(its a girl) because i only want to be friends with her 'cause i don't like her that way... but still i dont know what she would think.... sweatdrop  

spoon of sugar

Saku The New Moon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:02 am
I all my friends know about my yaoi...
But my mom is against this fully.
I mean she is against Homosexuality.
And well first that pisses me off.
But only my mom and brother who are against such things don't know...
((wishes she could tell them without them wanting to raid my computer))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:23 pm
My friends are all okay with my yaoi lovin', most of them love it as well. My mom, little and big sister know about my love for yaoi, however, my dad is yet to find out about it. I'm kind of...nervous...to tell him.

I wasn't always as open as I am now. I used to only tell select individuals, but now I don't care if everyone I meet knows. ~grins~ ((most people don't care, since I'm gay anyway. They say it's normal. xD))

x_Kr1mZuhn-L0tUhz_x

Hyper_Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:00 pm
My Friends: Some of them know and I think they're fine with that. The others I won't tell. I know one of my anime friends hates the fact that I like yaoi and doesn't understand why I like it. Though I do bring yaoi to school with me and I tend to not let anybody read it or look at it...besides my math teacher who likes to look at... eek lol, I think me and my friend made him start to like anime xd

The Parents: Dear god, I speak nothing of it while they're home or if my door is open. I'm sure my dad who be pissed at me but accept it just barely. And my mom would prolly just deal with it. Though I'd freak if she found the pics and vids on my computer. Though they might know since I left my DVD of Gravitation in the living room and I'm the only one in our house who likes anime. And my little bro will think that its "stupid, gross and wrong. Guys should only be in love with girls". Damnit, I hate people who are narrow minded. They piss me off so much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:46 am
Hmmm...

Well, my best friend knows. But I only admitted this to her when I saw yuri pics posted on the walls in her room.

Parents? Oblivious. Plan to keep it that way as long as possible.

My little brother knows but doesn't seem to care (or be aware to what extent my preferences go).

That's about everyone who knows. Well, with the lovely exeption of this guild. heart  

I. L. Malphas

LithiaStar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:47 am
First off I would like to say I'm sorry that some of you can not be open with your love of yaoi. That...well it is kinda sad. Everyone should be able to show/talk about the things they love (and if you are like me yaoi is a love not just a like). I have been a yaoi fan for many (many) years. My parents learned to deal with it quickly and when yaoi manga started to be published and more widely available here in the USA they actually bought me some. I am also very open with my love for the genre in public as well. I have several t-shirts that I wear with pride as well as a 'I love yaoi' messenger bag. Just yesterday I was wearing my yaoi shirt that says "I love boys..." on the front and on the back says "with other boys". Needless to say I got quite a few comments but I hold my head high and support not only yaoi but homosexuality as well.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff