Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Discusion] How do people in your area react to yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you grow up in a place that accepted yaoi/yuri for the most part?
  Completely, yes
  to an extent, but it varies between people
  Not sure
  No, not really
  You'd be smitted for thinking of supporting yaoi openly
View Results

dynamo version

5,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:54 pm
I live in a small city in Washington. There are a lot of judgmental people here, so I do not go around to everyone I see blabbing about how I'm such a fangirl. Luckily for me, my select group of friends are not so disgusted about yaoi that it makes me hurt. They simply accept the fact that I love yaoi and let it go, there's nothing else to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 pm
Σnter: Ҥʘɭɭɵψ ЯӭdempϮiσӥ

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

✛ I live in San Antonio,Texas and to be honest,everyone in my school knows i likes yaoi and they don't give that much of a care.I see more jocks touch with either then any other girl will do to them in public so i say pish shaw~!(Did i go to much with that...?)

My community is pretty much neutral with yaoi and yuri so i't all fine...as i can see.

...GѻѻɖѣЧε

Niko Narshe

Rich Wife

msangelicdemon

Dangerous Hunter

4,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:31 am
Thief of Narshe
Σnter: Ҥʘɭɭɵψ ЯӭdempϮiσӥ

✛ I live in San Antonio,Texas and to be honest,everyone in my school knows i likes yaoi and they don't give that much of a care.I see more jocks touch with either then any other girl will do to them in public so i say pish shaw~!(Did i go to much with that...?)

My community is pretty much neutral with yaoi and yuri so i't all fine...as i can see.

...GѻѻɖѣЧε

I live in san Antonio too, I used to go to south san high lol and people here are pretty cool about it but there were some who would tell me it's a mortal crime, its a sin, I'll burn in hell. To people like that I laugh and so oh well. Lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 am
Well, I come form one of the states where gay marriage is legal, so for the most part people are cool with Yaoi and Yuri. However, you'll also find people who are strongly against it.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:04 am
Eheh… I live about fifteen minutes away from Akihabara. I wouldn't say yaoi here is exactly mainstream, but at the same time, it's not hard to find. I'm not sure it's the sort of thing one just casually chats about with coworkers, though.

Of course, accepting yaoi and yuri (BL and GL) is a completely different thing than accepting homosexuality. There's a certain leeway for homoromanticism and homoeroticism in entertainment media that's not really allowed in real life. The Tokyo Pride parade was fun, but very small, and many Japanese people (i.e., not foreigners who live here or were visiting at the time) wore disguises or big sunglasses and walked in the part of the parade with a big "NO PHOTOS" banner.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:06 pm
TokiTokiBun
I live in Florida. The town's that used to be the headquarters for the KKK and the biggest Christian church down south.

I think that sums it up... stare

sorry to hear that *hugs*  

VampireD10

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out