Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Recommended Reading List Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 pm
PrometheanSet
Ah. It's in that same section I spoke of, but its page 80 for me. Yes, I do have to agree that extracting certain observations/truths from even nursery rhymes is fairly necessary.

Especially when these things might very well point to something about pre-Christian European ideals. The documentation is lacking to prove or disprove anything about that history, though.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:51 pm
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet
Ah. It's in that same section I spoke of, but its page 80 for me. Yes, I do have to agree that extracting certain observations/truths from even nursery rhymes is fairly necessary.

Especially when these things might very well point to something about pre-Christian European ideals. The documentation is lacking to prove or disprove anything about that history, though.
User Image

Hey, I'd much rather recommend the first section on meditation, with a few warnings. You know, you don't need to spend 8 hours a day meditating, you should still sleep, and you shouldn't cut yourself as a means of self-punishment for and counting how often you lose focus.

Little things like that which were acceptable at the time, but now would be taken as major issues.  

PrometheanSet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:44 pm
PrometheanSet
TeaDidikai
PrometheanSet

User Image

Hey, I'd much rather recommend the first section on meditation, with a few warnings. You know, you don't need to spend 8 hours a day meditating, you should still sleep, and you shouldn't cut yourself as a means of self-punishment for and counting how often you lose focus.

Little things like that which were acceptable at the time, but now would be taken as major issues.
I need a confirmation someone. Does this count as a 666.5?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:52 pm
I'd agree that it is, Tea.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:55 pm
AniMajor
I'd agree that it is, Tea.
Do I have a second? whee  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:57 pm

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:18 pm
CuAnnan
Motion passed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm
I fear I might get flamed for this so in advance. These books are foundational as they have some good ideas on the authors part. I know RA is very controversial but I like his writings all the same.

The Witching Way of the Hollow Hill by Robin Artisson
The Crone's Book of Magical Words by Valerie Worth
The Crone's Book of Charms and Spells by Valerie Worth
The Way of Wyrd By Brian Bates
Mastering Witchcraft by Paul Huson
Call of the Horned Piper by Nigel Jackson

I know that some (or all /shrug) of these authors are unpopular within circles here. But I personally think they can help in some way. They are mostly foundational in nature witchcraft is about experience.

Be Whole!  

Cunning Witch Angus

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27 pm
Angus of the Crooked Way
The Witching Way of the Hollow Hill by Robin Artisson
We had a whole thread on this one actually. Want a link? We'd welcome the discussion.
Quote:

The Crone's Book of Magical Words by Valerie Worth
The Crone's Book of Charms and Spells by Valerie Worth
I actually like these as a framework for Victorianesque Witchcraft. wink Very Leland.

Quote:
But I personally think they can help in some way.
Go on.
Quote:

They are mostly foundational in nature witchcraft is about experience.

Why would we assume that witchcraft is an experiential practice in general?

And stop confusing disagreeing with you with flaming. We're not calling you names.

Quote:
Be Whole!
stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm
TeaDidikai
We had a whole thread on this one actually. Want a link? We'd welcome the discussion.

Actually I would thank you.

Quote:
I actually like these as a framework for Victorianesque Witchcraft. wink Very Leland.

I love the spells. They are so poetic and beautiful.

Quote:
Go on.

I find WWHH to be a good foundation and one can branch from there. I might be biased as it is the first book on witchcraft that I received. There are better ones out there I am sure.

Quote:

Why would we assume that witchcraft is an experiential practice in general?

Yes, another generalization on my part, I apologize.

Quote:
And stop confusing disagreeing with you with flaming. We're not calling you names.

I actually thought I would be flamed for bringing up RA.

Quote:
stare

I know I'll stop razz  

Cunning Witch Angus

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 pm
If you want us to mock you for bringing up RA, we certainly can. However, I prefer to actually mock RA. More fun that way.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:12 pm
maenad nuri
If you want us to mock you for bringing up RA, we certainly can. However, I prefer to actually mock RA. More fun that way.
Seconded. 3nodding  

TeaDidikai

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 pm
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Seconded. 3nodding

I see. Why do you not like him? I know some people don't like him because he uses the term "traditional paganism" and "traditional witchcraft."

But there must be more reasons than that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:19 pm
I've also heard that he's pretty racist and jumps from religion to religion like it's his job.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 pm
Angus of the Crooked Way
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Seconded. 3nodding

I see. Why do you not like him? I know some people don't like him because he uses the term "traditional paganism" and "traditional witchcraft."

But there must be more reasons than that.

There's a lot, really, but my big ones is that he's a one man drama factory (the tag for him on dot pagan snark is the biggest one), and also I haven't yet seen a path that he doesn't claim to be an expert on.

He's got some useful things to say, unfortunately, he keeps being the one that says them.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff