Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion/Religion] So, what's your religion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG, too many religions for a poll!
  OMG!
  gold!
  god!
View Results

Issendai Xanthias

6,900 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:54 pm
I got my own religion xP  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm
...I would be considered an Agnostic with Christian leaning- I was born Christian, but when everything started to go wrong, I lost faith, though I still wanted to have faith. I still feel like that. Like I don't know any more. Because I want to be happy, and to follow God, but I doubt him.

If he is to watch over us all, why did I grow up knowing what dead people looked like? Why did I see Dan get shot down? Why is my family so poor, with nobody that cares about us? Why does my mom suffer every day from fainting spells, seizures, and agonizing pain? Why is my brother suddenly mentally retarded when he was once perfectly fine? Why did my dad's memory which was once full of brilliant history facts, lose all of its luster and sanity? Why are my mom and my sister dying? Why am I trapped in a girl's body when I am truly a man? Why am I doomed to live a loveless life? Why do I know that I killed my beloved Nonnie- why did I get sick in the first place, with the sickness that transferred to her because I was too damn stupid to know I was sick? Why would he take Pop when I had only knew he existed for a month? Why did I grow up so fast, so insecure and hated? Why does he let me doubt him?  

YotaLife93

Conservative Smoker

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:39 pm
I'm actually a Christian. Just where i live my church teacher taught me that if you come across someone that goes againast God don't hate them don't discrimmanate them. Be friends with them. It's okay to have interests like that. God gave us free will so us it. smile so i do. Even though a lot of other Christians were taught differently. That's how i was. So in other words. Live life and love don't hate and be friends with God biggrin . (that turned into a lesson. Sorry) xD. But then of course we have our own branch that a lot of things excist. We believe in karma and that Burrows cause earthquakes and such things. And that one day we will be reborn.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:36 pm
I'm a Catholic.  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 am
(Man, whenever I start typing I can't stop. Wall of text ahead.)

I’m Christian, although I don’t go to church. I was brought up by two agnostic parents, neither of whom forced me into any religion, instead letting me make my own choice. My grandparents are all Catholic, and while I accompanied them to church whenever I visited them as a child, I didn’t actually start believing until about a year ago.

I have had a few people questioning me as to how I can say I believe in God when I also identify with nontraditional gender and sexuality--including people who were GLBTQ and atheist. Thankfully I have never actually been lectured or outright verbally attacked, but I’m also aware that it could happen, and because of this, I keep my cross under my clothing and don’t tell people about my religion/sexuality/gender unless it comes up in conversation and I don’t think they’d make a fuss (that's one good thing about the internet--so many different religions).

The thing is, I feel some level of guilt/remorse at being transgendered and asexual, not only because of my religion, but also because I value tradition (which is a whole other kettle of fish and something else I feel conflicted about in these modern times). If I could, I would choose to be happy being cisgendered and heterosexual. But if I force myself to do that, I’ll also be unhappy in the long run. I guess I could say that I do place my gender/sexuality on a higher level of importance than my faith, because I have firmly decided to go through with them, but I still find my faith important and am still trying to sort my beliefs out in light of my gender/sexuality.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 pm
Very proud and happy Wiccan/Pagan

I tried christanity, several times and even called myself a christian it never happened. Whenever I went to church, I always felt angry and pissed off with the preacher(even when I was like four or five) >.> everything I heard I felt was wrong, especially when it came to people. (I have too many friends that are not straight. One of them was christian but was miserable). So eight year ago (when I was 10) I heard about Wicca/Pagan and explored more into it and I felt happy and my soul seemed to be "released" so now I believe that one of my past lives may have been an celtic pagan (since I prefer the celtic belief more so than others. Of course I like greek as well)  

SungJewel

Magnetic Hunter

8,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Befriended 100

Syntetisk

IRL Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:18 am
I'm an atheist, and I loathe religion. I think it does more harm than good.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 am
I'm a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, theologically conservative & methodologically liberal... I try to live by love & be open-minded. I also have a fondness for nature & Judaism. I believe accepting a relationship with God is a choice. Therefore, I don't believe in forcing religion or spirituality on anyone.

When it comes to God, I believe that...
- He is Love, the Way, the Truth, & the Life
- He goes by many other names
- He is all inclusive
- He is impossible to wrap the mind around 100%
- He has spread a bit of truth to every religion, spirituality, philosophy, etc.
- He sees the beginning to the end & plans accordingly

When it comes to humanity, I believe that...
- We are all hypocrites at some point in our lives
- We are inclined to ranking sins
- We are often judgmental, prejudice, & discriminating
- We have a hard time seeing our own faults
- We let our insecurities dictate the way we relate to each other
- We all desire a reason for existence
- We are some of the most resilient creatures out there

Throw in the fact, that I am pro-gay marriage, feel no guilt in yaoi, & am bi-permissive leaning toward pansexual, and I'm proud to say, I'm an individual who breaks stereotypes lol

Even so, I guess a bit of my frustration, with people assuming negative things about religious or spiritual folk, kind of leaked out there XD Sorry, but we really aren't all pretentious haters~ heart

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers