Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:06 am
Kaleb Sullivan joined the listserv.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:13 pm
cnfrnce
so wht do u all wnt frm ths chrtr thng newai?

-as  

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Re: cnfrnce
i'll spare people the wall of text but would be interested in knowing what others want to see with the charter.

moonwalkers and wargs especially.

(likewise, i realize that there are those who might not know so if a brief rundown is requested, it can be so.)

-jeremiah  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 am
Re: Re: cnfrnce
rundown requested please. i dont know s**t frankly & its beginning to concern me.

horace  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 am
Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    Basically, there's this thing called the document of the court or the charter or whatever. It lays out the rules about the wargs and the weres and the nobles and how all that works. We all thought it was just a piece of paper, but it turns out it's actually some kind of spell schema embedded in this girl Melany and enforced by the blood of like twenty something people.

Anyway, the part that's most concerning right now I think is that the things it lays out for nobles are ******** awful and terrifying. Not so much the part where we're tuned into the powers of the otherworld more, but the part where we can basically kidnap people and maybe get them killed and that we might actually have to in order to spread our ability to control the other creatures. Like, the document of the Court made it possible for the Spinel Lady (who is sort of Melany's alter ego) to kidnap me out of an airport bathroom and keep me in the otherworld for almost a decade, and no one even noticed I was gone on account of there being an evil body double version of me living in Moscow and studying for my PhD in folklore (???). So like, if you're tithed (kidnapped by a noble to become a noble or get dead) your patron (the noble kidnapping you) can beat you, ******** you, make you stand on your head for eight hours, whatever they want, and no one can stop them. You're basically property.

There's also rules about nobles not being able to intervene and stop the other nobles from doing bad s**t. In the original way everything was supposed to work, the wargs were supposed to find out bad s**t was happening, and then the moonwalkers were supposed to go in and make it stop. I guess something happened in the otherworld that made this not the case anymore. I don't know.

Anyway, so, in order to make all this bad stuff stop, a couple of the older nobles (nobles chronologically older than me and not Ezra/The burning man or the Spinel Lady, because technically I've been involved in all this way longer) decided to call a meeting, but not actually politely invite anyone and tell them the topic. Which was rude. They're rude. There was drama.

So, we concluded that we either had to REWRITE the charter (the viewpoint of the old nobles) or DESTROY the charter (my viewpoint). Then we decided to reconvene at a later time. While we were between convenings, some nobles went and got the original document of the court, and promptly realized rewriting it is basically impossible, I think, because it looks like a ******** spell schema to me, and those are ******** hard to rewrite or change without the input of the original creators, both of whom I think are dead or just not planning to help us out that much.

It turns out that moonwalkers (kinda werewolves but not) and wargs (can bond to animals and see through each other's eyes) used to be all one thing and were the impetus for the creation of the charter because people were abusing their powers and hurting people. This single-version of these guys was called "spirit bound" which is NOT like an "undeath bond" which is something my brother has. Everything comes from bonds. I guess? Anyway, they were hurting people, and someone said to someone else, hey let's make that ******** not happen, and they decided that they would do that, and I frankly don't know what happened here but somehow a teenage(?) girl got sacrificed to make this all stop and it made her crazy. (The Spinel Lady.)

It ALSO turns out that the deer triplets, who have been being spooky and pointless for like a century, have been negatively effected by the sigil re-creation in mid-December. One of them's dying, the other's out of control, and the other one's got no magic at all, but might be responsible for AT LEAST HALF OF THIS WHOLE MESS. Fixing the charter to which they are tied might fix them, or it might make things worse, because they might have an undeath bond to the dead principals, and their deaths might be inevitable anyway.

Anyway, so, we had a meeting, and the Spinel Lady turned up and stole Alexis's powers, and then passed out and turned into a normal girl again. But we all kind of agreed before then that we'd try to make things less abusive and terrible, although we still don't have a plan of attack, and the Spinel Lady promised she wouldn't intervene unless we tried to kill her, I think? I gotta admit I wasn't listening.

Now there's this conference to get all of us who will be directly affected by the document of the court changing to talk about it, and we need to decide what it is we want. This website I've been on lately has this thing called "spoons" where they SPOON-feed you guiding questions and I've had like a decade to think about all of this so here we go, spoons:

• Do we want to combine wargs and moonwalkers into the same thing again? Do we want to NOT combine them? Do we still want them to exist at all?
  • Why can't we burn down the court and let everyone be undifferentiated, what is The Point?
  • Is it the Spinel Lady's fault she's crazy, and should we act to protect her in the interests of protecting the person she's basically being a parasite wasp in?
  • How much does Ezra suck, on a scale of one to ten? I'd say fifteen thousand.
  • Should Jeremiah not be a cagey old fogey and tell us all what he wants out of the charter?
  • What is our moral responsibility to the deer triplets, who all contributed to this mess, and one of whom is actually dying?
  • Why won't Eve pass me the syrup? I've asked like four times. She's reading that book again. Why does she need Renard's inspirational-quotes calendar? I couldn't tell you.

Anyway, I hope that was helpful. I'm going to go get the syrup myself and eat my french toast and not think about any of this because I have contributed ENOUGH and also I am seventeen and that makes me younger than all of you, I think, so there.
    -lady, the actual best

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 am
Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    Rude
    -e. fitzpatrick

im nt rdng ths
    -a.s.

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 am

I want to know Pride's opinion if possible before I give a thorough response. Can another moonwalker or warg ask him?

Eve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 am
    so I'm cool with the court being gone and not doing sacrifices but most days I would like to still exist pls and thank you

but uhhh otherwise idk Spinel Lady is pretty rude but I guess what happened is ******** up but cool motive still murder

is there a version of the plan where we're not just leaving people out to die? or is that not an option at this point :C

I don't know how much Ezra sucks that seems like p private information let him do his thing

@ Mom: I'll go check it out

- lily

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:16 am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    I don't mean like "exist at all" like DYING but like, seems to me like you guys get a bum rap with the having to transform all the time and sometimes not being able to eat chocolate.
    -lady

ps eve why wouldn't u pass me the syrup!! D:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:45 am
    bein a wer fckin sucks
    id cut off mtoe to get rid

tho i liek bein a mink

-preacher
    sent from my doggo extraordinarie

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 pm
    Okay, so. This Charter thing is responsible for some of us just waking up and having tails or suddenly able to see through a squirrel's eyes? I kind of like the being a warg bit but I don't know if all that other stuff sounds good at all. Like the noble stuff sounds really bad.

... but I think the Court is s**t (sorry Mercers).

Nasir Vasile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:30 pm

I feel like I just got both more informed and more confused at the same time. Will someone keep me in the know as to what happens with the meeting thing since this sounds like it'll possibly effect me either way.

Also thank you for the lovely detailed write-up, Lady.

-------
Cassandra Y.
Nobody special, just wanted a cool auto-signature too.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 pm

I just hate all this so much! Why can't people just not abuse their power and why are the solutions to it always terrible? The solution to people abusing their power was to give certain people more power to abuse?! If this Spinel Lady can just take away magic from people, why not just take away the power of those being terrible and abusive? Why is everything torture and awful?

The charter was a stupid and mean solution that probably just made a different, bigger problem. I don't want to lose Mr. Bitterberry and I think I might die or go crazy if I lose my bond to him after all this time and I don't want that either. But the charter isn't good, anything built on what it did to that girl isn't gonna be good. And there will probably be a zombie uprising if we hurt or upset her. There's no good solution and I don't know why I should even bother going to this big meeting when there isn't a single bit of goodness or hope involved with the damn thing!

- America Jones  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cnfrnce
    Hi. Pride here.

I can't speak for the others, but I agree: this whole thing is a ********. We've been trying to fix giant gaping holes with our fingers a la the little dutch boy with his dam. After a while we just stopped trying because every time we started to make progress, something happened to derail everything. Personally? I'm old and I'm tired and I want all this s**t to stop happening. If that means I have to die, fine. It's a mercy killing at this point anyway. Pax would tell you the same.

I think your best option is to level the playing field. Take apart the sigils and return the world to the way it was before the sigils happened. We all (Adoelle, me, Dora, Mike, and Ming) ******** up when we tried to stop Renard without fully considering the consequences or talking to him to his face in the first place. We made a lot of assumptions we shouldn't have made and got caught up in the possibility of Saving the World.

Please learn from our ******** awful mistakes and talk to each other about s**t.

Quote:
This was sent from Lily's phone.

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm
    I could stop being a cagey old fogey but that would deprive you of writing a perfectly clear and informative break down. Thank you, Lady.

Part of the point of the Court, as I look at it, is that you have a group that is outside of the cycle of rebirth. Nobility is meant to be a group that mentor and guide those who are still within the cycle, hopefully helping move towards a point where this will all end. I can't say that purpose still stands as it feels like it has been warped and corrupted over the countless centuries since it's creation. It is, however, what I would like it see returned to.

Likewise, I want to see an end to the abuse at the hands of those who are Patrons. The path to becoming a Noble needs to not be something that results in breaking down and torturing of the person who wants to attempt the Trials of Nobility. An agreement, a contract of sorts, between the Patron and Tithe would be best. Something that states length of time, what is expected to happen, and lays it out clearly. No mystery to be had: you know what you are getting into. No more kidnapping, no more unwillingness. So much magic hinges on consent and willingness, why does this not?

Keep in mind that becoming a Noble is a slow death. The magic will that Nobles are more closely attuned to will eat at you, watching those you love and care for live out lives not knowing you will hurt you, and ultimately it may just lead to a slow descent into madness. This is partly why there are not many Nobles at all. They simply do not last. This is partly why I believe the wargs and the moonwalkers were meant to play a heavy part in the Court. That they keep an eye on the Nobles who are more attuned/entrenched in the magic to make sure they are not slipping, that what has happened within the Court does not happen. When you have a group who is looking at the bigger picture, you need people who look at the details to stop them and go: What, no. This is why you do not do this at all.

Moving on ...

I think that having the differentiation is a Good Thing. However, the manner of it's creation (the Charter) was atrocious and if we continue with it, then we have to move away from that. We would likely cause more harm than good for many of us were we to suddenly undo the Charter. Changes could be made but only with the consent of those involved and we could, if we had an appropriate filter, create another one but we would have to dissolve the first.

Which is another process in itself.

Moral responsibility aside, part of the reason to try and save the lives of the triplets is so that we are not falling into the same trappings of those that came before us. So much of this has been built upon one for many which, quite frankly, is unacceptable. It never works.

TL;DR: I want to see the Charter redone. I think differentiation is a good thing because it helps us in the long run should these cycles continue on past this one. The abuse. Has. To. Stop. On the other hand, there are the moments watching it all burn is tempting. I'll keep resisting for now because I still think there's hope for this.

Jeremiah Mercer

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces