Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:38 am
Zac gave a long stare at the door, swallowing hard.

"Ok... we definitely need to vote soon. And draw sooner. I don't think that door is doing much more than building a sort of horrible suspense."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:04 am
If Shun noticed the look Zac gave him, he certainly didn't acknowledge it. His eyes remained focused on the door as it knocked a few more times. His fingers twitched slightly in anticipation.

"Also the original three did have some regrets about the way they went about things, from what I know," he muttered before pausing to listen to America's explanation of what she felt the sigil should be like. It was similar to Eve's design, but a little bit more elaborate.

"Works for me, America. All in favor of that speak up so we can move on with the casting."

All the while he continued to watch the door, taking a few cautious steps towards it. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to do much to whatever was wanting to come in, but he figured he might be able to buy a little time if needed.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:08 am
Leila

Preacher's critiques on the trinity knot's abundance in Eve's design made Leila squirm a little, so she decided to speak up. "There's verses in the book of Matthew," she offered, "which add up to tell you how a tree planted in good soil bears good fruit. Good teachings and good deeds from people who act in good faith leads to more people able to do the same. I... thought it could be a worthwhile message to have in this thing."

Eve

"The concern's probably valid, especially in a place like this, however," the werefox conceded.

Quote:
OOC: here's a gdoc compiling design variations and what characters have said about them

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am
At the end of her little speech, Chel gave America a tiny pinch on the cheek with her fingers. "That was real inspirin', darlin'," she murmured to the girl, nodding approvingly. "I already said m'down with what she says," Chel repeated to the rest of the group.

The doorknob jiggled and Chel's eyes narrowed. Zac and Shun seemed keen to only watch it and move faster, but Chel knew there was at least something she could do in this situation. It might have been small, but it was something. She put her body on the door, holding it closed for the time being. To the other she said, "Oy f'I open this door a crack an' close it right after, that s**t will stay closed. Other Ashdown power don't ask- but m'askin' y'all f'you wanna risk me openin' it the crack." She particularly looked to the people she trusted, Shun and America.

shibrogane
trying to buy some time at least

lizbot
GANDALF
When you shut a door, it really stays shut. No one can open it but you.
^ Chel has this power

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:25 am
Marcus just had one question, his mind still half overloaded from people being alive and the fact he wasn't dead as far as they all knew.

"Why three? While good in many ways it can lead to an imbalance. Also if you're making any design, you want to try to either keep it balanced with symmetry or, utilize the golden ratio."

He looked at their group.
"But then, it depends on if you plan to have something immovable or something with the ability to change and adapt too I suppose." He gave a noncommittal shrug before resuming his post void examination of his person, just to ensure that he was still him and yes, this was reality and life was still a thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:48 am
"Will it simply stay closed or will it prevent whatever is on the other side from completely breaking the door as well?" he asked Chel. A shadowed blade appeared in his right hand as he continued to watch the door. The only reason why he hadn't leaned against it was because he didn't want to be right there should whatever was on the other side decide to go through the door.  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:52 am
"I dunno, Shun. I just know doors stay shut. Accidentally locked Chris in the bathroom the other day." She had been mad and slammed it on him and only later did she realize he was still in there. Woops.

"But don't y'think f'it could bust through it woulda done that by now?" Big words, but she was grateful for the knife in Shun's hand. At least she and Preacher would have to be demolished first.

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:56 am
Preacher Maria

"Am I ********' invisible?" she said, her voice slightly muffled by the fact that Chel was leaning over to lean on the door.

"I vote no to opening the door. Too dangerous."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 am
Chel winked at her. Nope, not invisible.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:00 am
"Possibly, or perhaps whatever is out there just has not gotten to the point of attempting to break through," he stated, furrowing his brow in thought, "It may be too big of a risk to open it even a crack."  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:03 am
Leila

"Hi. Did you forget I have crappy psychic powers? I can try giving you that free reading you wanted. Might let us know if it's a good idea."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 am
boom boom vaughn

He nodded at Temperance, eyes back on the door. Rabbit watched it with concern more than fear, though he had started slightly at the second set of knocks.

"Fine. Yeah. You?" he replied, just as low.

And even though she hadn't been addressing him, he directed a, "Don't open the door. Please?" at Chel. All they had to do was figure this tree thing out and it would all be over. In theory. If they let the thing in early, they would have no time to decide at all.

chiickadee
monsta no
The Semblance of Unity

Smerdle

Scamp

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:38 am
Eve

"America explained quite well why we're dealing in threes," said the werefox to Marcus. "Three tears in the veil, three time periods, three missing teens... it's a theme in our story. Acknowledging its importance is a good choice here. As for symmetry," she shrugged, "that only matters if you have a reason for it to be symmetrical. The design is an expression of intent."

istoleyurvamps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:58 am
America has to give her head a little shake and pats her cheeks a bit, she flushed so badly at the piece of praise from the motherly women. The knocks were almost welcome.

Turning curious, she called out, "Who's there?"

shibrogane

lizbot

No Faun

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:46 am
Preacher Maria

"Ok, tunamelt. Too close." The temptation to headbutt Chel in the thigh was very strong.

Temperance Clark

"I'm.. okay," she said to Rabbit and gave him a reassuring smile. Or what she hoped was one. Temperance was useless as always, but used to it.

"Ok - Leila, was that your name? Can you pass around your notes and just... let's vote, like last time. It's time to end this, really. I get the sinking feeling we are running out of that time." She rubbed her hands down her arms and remembered the knife in her bag.

"Zac can you check on how to cast the sigil itself?"

OOC
we must choose the sigil by Dec 14 6pm PST so let's get cracking. c: Cib made a doc with some ideas. Please write at the bottom of your rp post what design your character wants to use. Note that you're not required to vote for a design in the gdoc, it's a handy guide! Time is of the essence ahhhh

endejester
quite uneventful
chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia
kitsuneaura
smerdle